Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Hope he keeps his 88 squad number if he comes here.

Is that his year of birth or does he have Buffon-eque right wing(not the position) tendancies?

what's the script with that buffon story?  never heard it, be a pity if i couldn't like the guy anymore

Just remember hearing how he picked 88 as his squad number at Parma (i think it was) due to the H being the 8th letter of the alphabet and HH standing for Heil Hitler allegedly. That was the rumour anyhoo, i think he came out and denied it.

and that would account for the pink top.

anyone know if he is a good player?

he has looked decent everytime i've seen him, which isn't many to be fair, seem to remember him scoring a screamer for Udinese live on 5 last season

Inler looked impressive in the Euros. Very Dynamic high energy sort from what I saw. Also very pro active and tried to make things happen for the team and initiate their attacks from his DM position.

I remember him clearly because of how un-swiss he looked. Another player of Turkish origin, along with Derdiyok from what they said during the tournament.

Would be a solid signing. The kind of DM Tottenham should be targetting so you know what that means right?

Brace yourselves ...

Is he any good? What role does he play in midfield?

He's more box to box than all out DM.

Yeah, kind of agree with that actually. Had good defensive qualities but certainly didn't just sit back all the time. Showed a decent amount of drive getting forward when given an opportunity to do so, similar to the way Lassana Diarra does.

Hope he keeps his 88 squad number if he comes here.

Is that his year of birth or does he have Buffon-eque right wing(not the position) tendancies?

Doubt it since he's a Turk immigrant

Inler apparently just returned from a two week holiday after the Euros this week. If we are being linked with him now it means we might be getting in there early. This one might have something in it.

Hope we wrap it up quickly, Butt was good last season but he should be more of a backup this year and this fella would make sure that is indeed the case.

Gökhan Inler (Udinese & Switzerland)

I have it from a good source* that Inler's representative  met Wise in Switzerland in the last few days

*not the bartender, or the oncle's secret lover's sister halfbrother's grandma...

Inler looked a very good player at the Euro's and I'd be very happy if we signed him.

Why are people afraid to reveal their so-called 'sources'? If the rest of us are to allow the comment any credibility whatsoever, then we need a source. Otherwise it's just not worth even posting.

First rule of journalism, never reveals your source. :razz:

Guest Heneage

Exactly. If you get told by a player "Off the record" somethings happening you never name them as they wont tell you next time.

is it just me whos really excited at hthe investment in youth, bringing players on trial.

Exactly. If you get told by a player "Off the record" somethings happening you never name them as they wont tell you next time.

is it just me whos really excited at hthe investment in youth, bringing players on trial.

nah i thinks brilliant, even if one of these players makes the first team out of the however many we've brought in it will be brilliant. Always good to have youth players coming in.

I read somewhere that Gökhan Inler was named as the best signing of the season in december by La gazzetta dello sport (not sure how it spells) Can anyone confirm this?