Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Realistic is dependant on how deep Ashley's pockets actually are!

I'd want

Richards

Diego

Bendtner

Quaresma

Bentley

Drogba  replace Viduka but very unlikely

Bridge

Arteta

Van Buyten

That would make me happy So get your finger out Mike

Guest shaun11177

Strikers-i am absolutely sure there will be 1 addition-no problems if we signed Jones or Crouch or Kanoute. Just have a feeling Kuyt maybe available? Bent from Spurs.

The teams to look at are those who miss out on the Champions lge but who played in it this season-possibly Valencia and Sevilla-there are lots of good players in both.

Defenders-the bloke we nearly got from Sevilla-Dragutonovic has been really solid at both centre back and left back and Dunne would be a good signing for the money. Hoyte is a decent full back.

Midfield-Barnes of Derby is clearly on the radar but we wont get him for 2m!

Poulson and Keita of Sevilla are a great combination and of course they would be coming for higher wages. Gilberto Silva at Arsenal. No point of dreaming about players who desperately want to play for Newcastle because that is unrealistic.

Players will be coming for the money. 

Guest shaun11177

Drogba!-some people live in a fantasy world-it has nothing to do with how deep Mike's pockets are, he could try a 50m bid for Messi but still wouldnt get him. The question is would the player realistically want to join Newcastle no Europe probably finish 16th-havent won anything in 36 years United.

Drogba?? :lol:

You wouldn't?

If we're talking ambition here, Why not try it? I'm sure we could lure him to the dazzling lights of Newcastle! :lol:

the thread is realistic signings, there aren't many players in the world who I'd consider to be less realistic.

Drogba!-some people live in a fantasy world-it has nothing to do with how deep Mike's pockets are, he could try a 50m bid for Messi but still wouldnt get him. The question is would the player realistically want to join Newcastle no Europe probably finish 16th-havent won anything in 36 years United.

Wind your neck in.

If you had read what I had put at the side of Drogba you can see it's a longshot.

Tbh it's a long shot on any of those coming.

Johan Elmander

Deco

Maxi Rodriguez

Christian Poulsen

Van Buyten

Bridge

Money makes this possible! Pay up Ashley

would LOVE these two! personally think bridge is just as good as a$hley cole, and though i rate enrique, he would be a massive improvement for us.

how has rodriguez been doing for atletico? would be nice to see him come here with that hammer of a foot :pow:

i believe we should pay up to 17 mill for bentley as well. hes immense, young, and is only going to get better. would be perfect in keegans attacking style of play and has that PACE we all long for.

with the attacking style i expect keegan to go for, its very important to splash some cash on a top notch DM who can tackle and handle the ball as well. kompany would be great here, as he also is very good at CD. would need 1 or 2 additional CD's as well.

we also need a big man up front with skills on the ball and an eye for goal. Elmander would be ideal here, as hes 26 and we could get many good years from him. smith, viduka and ameobi OUT!

Drogba?? :lol:

You wouldn't?

If we're talking ambition here, Why not try it? I'm sure we could lure him to the dazzling lights of Newcastle! :lol:

if someone like drogba were to come here, it would only be for the money. kind of hard though since roman easily could buy MA and make him his butler any day.

Deco, Dunne or Van Buyten, SWP (hmmm), Taiwo, Appiah

that - maybe with bridge instead of taiwo i suppose. i think that deco is a real option, not that i think he is all that great, but he is available and the sort of player we need.

maybe also ashavin, i think i'd prefer him to deco tbh

for you others - diego and chrstian poulsen will never go to a club of our stature.

Guest Slippery Sam

Gerrard. Rooney. Fabregas.

Rubbish? Well some others on here started it!!!!!!!!! Idiots.

Richards just signed a new contract at Man City - not a hope in hell of him coming here. Drogba?????? Someone needs to up their medication!

Strikers-i am absolutely sure there will be 1 addition-no problems if we signed Jones or Crouch or Kanoute. Just have a feeling Kuyt maybe available? Bent from Spurs.

The teams to look at are those who miss out on the Champions lge but who played in it this season-possibly Valencia and Sevilla-there are lots of good players in both.

Defenders-the bloke we nearly got from Sevilla-Dragutonovic has been really solid at both centre back and left back and Dunne would be a good signing for the money. Hoyte is a decent full back.

Midfield-Barnes of Derby is clearly on the radar but we wont get him for 2m!

Poulson and Keita of Sevilla are a great combination and of course they would be coming for higher wages. Gilberto Silva at Arsenal. No point of dreaming about players who desperately want to play for Newcastle because that is unrealistic.

Players will be coming for the money. 

Poulsen was top of Ramos' wishlist for the window just closed.  Seems he's destined for a move to Barca in the summer.

Kenwynne Jones is not realistic. I think Niall Quinn would rather eat shit than sell him to Newcastle.

They won't have a choice if they go down, £8m relegation release clause sees to that.

Would be great to take him off them, i reckon he'd be up for the move if offered.