Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

The Galician club's coach is desperate to hang on to the defender and believes that allowing him to leave would be wrong because of the influence he has on the squad.

Depor won through to the UEFA Cup preliminaries after Juan Valerón netted the only goal in a second leg victory over Bnei Sakhnin, but Lotina was focussing on keeping Coloccini.

"If Coloccini goes it will be mistake of the summer. The team relies on him because he is a great player, someone that we really need and it works very hard," he told reporters.

"He is a tremendous asset who gives everything on the pitch and is a huge influence in the dressing room.

"If he goes, then we will have to look for someone else, but we will take things step-by-step and wait and see what happens.

"It is not easy to find a player of that level, but we will look and will adapt."

Lotina did then reflect on his tam's progress in Europe and admitted that there were still plenty of things to improve upon, but was pleased to have progressed.

"What is important is that we are in the UEFA Cup because that is what we all wanted and now we can analyse things because we are still in pre-season," he continued.

"The two halves of the game were very different, but we were strong at the back and in the second period you could see the tiredness creeping in.

"We were still a bit green in every area, especially physically."

Guest sicko2ndbest

Newcastle will pay £7m for Real Madrid star

Jul 27 2008 by Neil Farrington, Sunday Sun

NEWCASTLE are prepared to pay £7 million for Real Madrid’s Brazilian star Julio Baptista.

But Madrid want closer to £12m for the former Arsenal loan star nicknamed “The Beast” — and knowing that Roma are also on Baptista’s trail, Madrid are banking on the Italians and United getting into a bidding war.

Newcastle have retrained their sights on Baptista, pictured right, after missing out on fellow attacking midfielders Pablo Aimar and Luka Modric.

But it remains to be seen whether they can agree a deal with Madrid or a wage package to tempt Baptista in their bid to make an eye-catching signing, not least to boost flagging season-ticket sales.

The 26-year-old performed reasonably well on loan at Arsenal in 2006/07 after snubbing them for Madrid when leaving Sevilla in 2005.

Meanwhile, Keegan will up his bid for Blackburn’s Stephen Warnock and is on the trail of Argentine defenders Fabricio Coloccini (at Deportivo La Coruna) and Nicolas Burdisso (Inter Milan), hoping to land two out of the three.

Guest optimistic nit

this is the same nicko who has already said in the BB forum that we´ve stopped chasing him.

diouf is a fucking wanker, he could score a hattrick for us every game, he´s a fucking nob and i dont want him near our club, even more of a scumbag than joey barton imo.

Guest neesy111

this is the same nicko who has already said in the BB forum that we´ve stopped chasing him.

diouf is a fucking wanker, he could score a hattrick for us every game, he´s a fucking nob and i dont want him near our club, even more of a scumbag than joey barton imo.

yes, fucking awful human being in general, not a patch on martins tbf

Guest neesy111

I wonder why it's only them who are persisting with the Baptista thing.

cos they've ran out of transfer's to make up?

Guest Flair

Daniel Carvalho has seemed to disappear off the CSKA teamsheet. Surely he is worth a bid.

He is still on there website.

http://www.pfc-cska.com/person.php?lg=en&id=2334

I meant of there starting line-up etc.

http://internacionaluk.blogspot.com/2008/07/daniel-carvalho-is-plan-b-case-inter.html

Surely premiership football would tempt him more than the Brazilian league.

Because it's true?

Perhaps, but if so I'd expect at least some of the Spanish papers to be picking up on it.

Because it's true?

Perhaps, but if so I'd expect at least some of the Spanish papers to be picking up on it.

Wasn't there a link on here the other day from one of the Spanish papers saying we put a bid in for him on Tuesday night?

Guest neesy111

Because it's true?

i would say very unlikely, remember he hated England at Arsenal, so not gonna be much better up here (although it is imo)

Because it's true?

Wasn't there a link on here the other day from one of the Spanish papers saying we put a bid in for him on Tuesday night?

Dunno, sorry.

Because it's true?

Dunno, sorry.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=50015.msg1404506#msg1404506

I cant see Batista coming here to be honest, Colloccini yes but Julio will either play for another CL team or he'll stary at Real.

I can't see a WWE star wanting to come here either.  :thup:

I cant see Batista coming here to be honest, Colloccini yes but Julio will either play for another CL team or he'll stary at Real.

I can't see a WWE star wanting to come here either.  :thup:

Big Dave Batista at CB would be awesome, he would also have to come out after the rest of the team for his entrance.

Guest NorwegianMag

I would like to see a challange between Crouch and Batista....

Thespence, got a bit shocked when I saw my face in your signature hahaha!

I would like to see a challange between Crouch and Batista....

Thespence, got a bit shocked when I saw my face in your signature hahaha!

same  haha, didnt want to be the first to comment on it though lol.

and batista would snap crouch in half lol