Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Could Jonas play as central playmaker?

Hmmm, probably more use on the wing considering N'Zogbia insisting to never pass when it's blatantly obvious when he should, Duffs lack of ability to beat the first man and Milners gash crossing.

It'd be interesting to see though.

http://www.footmercato.net/real-madrid-julio-baptista_article23804.html

Quotes from Baptista's agent.

“Julio is not content with its situation in Real Madrid. It is international Brazilian, and seeks for that a team enabling him to be expressed… Initially, Rome must discuss with Real, then we will see when the two clubs will have agreed…. Roma is a prestigious club which disputes the League of the Champions. But the decision does not belong solely to the player. I am unaware of if Roma will be aligned on the claims of Real”

The article reckons 15m euro again and says we'd be willing to pay it, but that the ball is in Roma's court...

Baptista is the sort of player we should be trying to sign and i'd say he is within our limits, however i don't think we will sign him because of Roma's interest.

Hopefully we will be surveying a few options of similar calibre.

Baptista would be a good signing if there's any cance he would be pepared to come here. A powerful front man is an urgent prioriy as Alan Smith's woeful attempts to look like a striker must have become clear to all at Newcastle by now.

What a s*** translation. :lol:

For anyone who can't be arsed, it's AS again, and they say VdV's transfer to Madrid means Baptista is off. Us and Roma are interested, but neither have offered enough at this point. They want 15m euros apparently. Though there's been no official mention to Baptista or his agent yet, the paper reckons it's clear they want to sell him.

Man I'm bored.

Is Baptista all that good ?

For anyone who can't be arsed, it's AS again, and they say VdV's transfer to Madrid means Baptista is off. Us and Roma are interested, but neither have offered enough at this point. They want 15m euros apparently. Though there's been no official mention to Baptista or his agent yet, the paper reckons it's clear they want to sell him.

Man I'm bored.

Yes.

Man I'm bored.

if KK could get him near the form that he was on when with sevilla he could turn our fortune around but it is a big if.............................

Man I'm bored.

Yes.

Fair enough, lets get him, what you waiting for KK, get your bloody money out Ashley :)

The agent of Arsenal target Gokhan Inler has confirmed the midfielder has been approached by Premier League clubs during an exclusive interview with setantasports.com.

The Udinese star is rumoured to have been contacted by The Gunners regarding a summer move, while Arsene Wenger has revealed he is in search of a midfielder.

Switzerland international Inler would be happy to start a new challenge in England according to his agent Dino Lamberti, who has declared several clubs have expressed their interest in the 24-year-old.

“In the case we received an official offer we would carefully study it with Udinese’s permission,” Lamberti told setantasports.com.

“The Premier League is interesting for him, and they are one of the best leagues in the world with the Spanish and the Italian ones.

“We didn’t speak with Arsene Wenger, but yes, some English clubs asked for information about the player.”

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/08/05/Prem-Inler-agent-exclusive/

Byt wants to go to the Gooners, we are dreaming if we think we can land him..

He's their fall back, Wenger wants Alonso, so really pray Barry moves to Liverpool, then Alonso to Arsenal leaving Inlar for us.

Rangers are out of Europe, do you think we might go back in for Cuellar (presuming we were in for him earlier in the window)?

Depends if the rumours about Faye wanting to leave are true.

We believe that Newcastle will be bringing in another central midfield player before the end of the month

I should fucking think so aswell. I think we need 2 personally but most don't seem to think we need a DM. ???