Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Byt wants to go to the Gooners, we are dreaming if we think we can land him..

Not at all, if we make him feel wanted enough we have a chance, I doubt he'll be a first team player at Arsenal.

What's so bad about nufcblog?  If "professional" journalists get to make up their own rumours on the back pages of tabloids then why not some random blogger on the internet?  If he has decided that a mystery midfielder is on the verge of signing, then fair enough.  At least his imagination doesn't hide behind imaginary "unnamed sources" and ulterior motives.

The truly woeful part is that his bullshit gets laughed at while the next SWARFEGA TO TOON??? headline in the Sunday Sun will somehow merit a 10 page thread, complete with optional 5 page meltdown about the inadequacy of the board and Dennis Wise if and when he signs a new contract (or for Spurs). 

IMO, assuming we get Coloccini, 3 more signings should follow. The names of Inler and Baptista are being bandied about, and I think both are class players who would improve our first team no doubt. Alongside these 2 names (and Im only dreaming here), I would love to have an experienced midfielder in the mould of Anatoliy Tymoschuk. The fella is a beast in midfield, and I think central midfield options of Tymoschuk, Inler, Barton, Butt and Guthrie to pick from would do very nicely for this season.

Break the bank for Baptista, Inler and Tymoschuk, and we've done a decent bit of summer business:

Jonas

Guthrie

Bassong

Coloccini

Baptista

Tymoschuk

Inler

would people be happy with that? is it realistic enough?

IMO, assuming we get Coloccini, 3 more signings should follow. The names of Inler and Baptista are being bandied about, and I think both are class players who would improve our first team no doubt. Alongside these 2 names (and Im only dreaming here), I would love to have an experienced midfielder in the mould of Anatoliy Tymoschuk. The fella is a beast in midfield, and I think central midfield options of Tymoschuk, Inler, Barton, Butt and Guthrie to pick from would do very nicely for this season.

Break the bank for Baptista, Inler and Tymoschuk, and we've done a decent bit of summer business:

Jonas

Guthrie

Bassong

Coloccini

Baptista

Tymoschuk

Inler

would people be happy with that? is it realistic enough?

yes and yes

I think the main obstacle to getting Baptista is persuading him to come here. I believe he wasn't happy at Arsenal, and if Roma are in for him as well, that would probably be his frst choice move.

What's so bad about nufcblog?  If "professional" journalists get to make up their own rumours on the back pages of tabloids then why not some random blogger on the internet?  If he has decided that a mystery midfielder is on the verge of signing, then fair enough.  At least his imagination doesn't hide behind imaginary "unnamed sources" and ulterior motives.

The truly woeful part is that his bullshit gets laughed at while the next SWARFEGA TO TOON??? headline in the Sunday Sun will somehow merit a 10 page thread, complete with optional 5 page meltdown about the inadequacy of the board and Dennis Wise if and when he signs a new contract (or for Spurs). 

ok... i've been lurking around these parts for a good year or so now, posting occasionally for the last 6 months, and i see constant references to this Swarfega character. It's obviously a long running gag but could anyone enlighten me as to how it came about??

ok... i've been lurking around these parts for a good year or so now, posting occasionally for the last 6 months, and i see constant references to this Swarfega character. It's obviously a long running gag but could anyone enlighten me as to how it came about??

Brazillain legend

why is everton linked with moutinho and not us? Thought he was the type of player we were missing the most....creativ midfielder! dont know his price....but i think we should challenge everton for his signature....if he wanna come any of the places?

Guest LucasUnger

why is everton linked with moutinho and not us? Thought he was the type of player we were missing the most....creativ midfielder! dont know his price....but i think we should challenge everton for his signature....if he wanna come any of the places?

price:

10-15 mil

price:

10-15 mil

expensive....but would buy him for that price

Guest elbee909

We washed our hands of him

So by the start of the season does anybody think we would have added anybody after Coloccini?

If not are you confident we can get the players we need before the window shuts?

I feel we'll get a left back before the Man u game.

If Smith goes, which I hope he does what other positions are vital to fill?

I think

Striker

Creative Midfielder

Another quality winger as Milner's shite out wide.

That would have us pushing for Europe I would expect.

If we only add a left back top ten

From F365...

Julio Baptista's switch to Roma could fall through due to the price tag Real Madrid have put on his head, according to the player's agent.

Baptista has been linked with a move to the Eternal City since June, despite making over 30 appearances for the Spanish champions last season since his return from Arsenal.

In July, Madrid sporting director Predrag Mijatovic declared he would listen to offers from Roma for the player.

But Baptista's agent, Herminio Menendez, revealed a deal may be stalling as Madrid are asking for too much money.

"Julio is not happy with the situation at Real Madrid," he told Italian newspaper Corriere dello Sport.

"He's a Brazil international and he's looking for a team which will play him every game.

"Roma are a prestigious club who play in the Champions League. Everyone aspires to be in that position.

"But it's not just down to the player, it depends on the club. I don't know if Roma can pay what Real are asking for the player."

Reports in the Italian press last month suggested Roma were keen on a loan deal similar to that which took Baptista to Arsenal in 2006, whereby the Giallorossi would pay three million euros now with the option to shell out another 10million to secure his services permanently next year.

However, Roma's interest in the player may have subsided, after coach Luciano Spalletti spoke on Tuesday about possible targets his club were chasing but failed to mention the 26-year-old Brazilian.