Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Still hoping we get Seba Larsson TBH, i believe he is the next one we will sign.

^ this.

£4m is a decent price (at least the £4m being quoted) he's a solid player, can take a free kick, wants to leave birmingham, can get a ferry from n.shields to sweden...

If he's gonna come then I see it being more of a deadline day deal.

Seems fairly obvious we know what price they want. If we are in the driving seat we can bide our time, in order to see what other targets are available.

Would be a good aquisition IMO.

If he's gonna come then I see it being more of a deadline day deal.

Seems fairly obvious we know what price they want. If we are in the driving seat we can bide our time, in order to see what other targets are available.

Would be a good aquisition IMO.

I agree. Not convinced he's still on the radar though.

Don't know if it's already been posted but

Keegan: Guthrie will have big impact

Aug 8 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

Danny Guthrie

NEWCASTLE United may not have signed many of the big-money players their fans have been wanting – but Kevin Keegan is still happy enough at the men he has brought in.

And while Sebastien Bassong may have to wait a while for his Premier League debut, it looks as though Jonas Gutierrez and Danny Guthrie will be very much in Keegan’s plans when United go to Old Trafford for the opener with Manchester United in just nine days’ time.

That is providing Gutierrez’s paperwork comes through to enable him to play and complete his transfer from Real Mallorca.

Gutierrez was lively enough against PSV Eindhoven at St James’s Park on Wednesday night, but it was Guthrie who claimed his second goal for the club.

And if his first at Hartlepool was a trifle lucky after it was deflected in, his goal in Wednesday’s 2-2 draw was cleverly worked and well taken.

And Keegan told me today: “We might bring in four or five signings here, but it might be a lesser-known player who makes the biggest impact.

“Danny Guthrie’s got a lot of energy. He’s got a good eye for a goal, and he can certainly pass the ball.

“He’ll get better the more games he plays, the more experience he gets, and the more we put ahead of him.

“No disrespect to the lads that played, because they did terrifically well, but when you get someone like Michael Owen, Oba or Viduka up there, he’ll run off them.

“He’ll certainly finish if he gets a chance, as people have seen – I’ve seen that in training.”

Funny enough KK told the official website exactly the same thing!

On a different note, i think Guthrie will be a great signing. I would love it if he scored a few goals for us.

I wonder if

Valeri Bojinov or

Daniel Sturridge,

would be a good signing for us to replace the potentially departing Smith... since Citeh is rumored to be selling off Corluka...

Then on the other hand, I think a creative midfield is probably the most important for us at the moment.

Guest want_nufc_to_be_big_club

I wonder if

Valeri Bojinov or

Daniel Sturridge,

would be a good signing for us to replace the potentially departing Smith... since Citeh is rumored to be selling off Corluka...

Then on the other hand, I think a creative midfield is probably the most important for us at the moment.

Believe me im bulgarian and we dont need this prima dona here.

He is way too overrated and i doubt he will stay very long in the premiership.

we need to look elsewhere.

Linked with Tymoshuck from Zenit st Petersburg and Cuellar in todays Sun

Probably rubbish but i would love it

Another holding-midfielder though isn't he? Quality all the same but still.

Coloccini & Cuellar would be a class partnership.

difference is he is a quality DM still cant see it happening

I think we could do with another DM tbh.

If we're to play with two out-and-out wingers, then two solid midfielders might work. Rob Lee wasn't creative, he just timed his runs well and supported the front two. Guthrie looks like he could do that for us. Tymoshuck could be the "Batty", and then with two wingers and two strikers, I suppose it could still work.

Linked with Tymoshuck from Zenit st Petersburg and Cuellar in todays Sun

Probably rubbish but i would love it

Been really impressed with Tymoshuck (sp?) each time I've seen him.

Plays like a cross between Butt and Huddlestone i.e: He can break up play but also spot a pass. Has a lethal shot on him too.

Would love to see him here.