Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

I have a feeling tomorrow will be exactly like  the other days. We wait, we wait, we wait, we wait and nothing happens.

Finally, someone recognises the truth. :nods:

Although it does stand to reason that if they might try show some new players off at this open day thingy, if they're actually close of course.

nope being serious matty. If we offer enough why not. He may see us as a challenge.

fits with the club remit

young and argentinian

Oh...my...good...god.

I cannit wait man!!! While were on, perhaps Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Iniesta, Robiniho & Puyol might fancy it?

:nope:

I dont mind optimism mate, I'm all for it, but howway???

2 phone conversations tonight which show how everyone is getting worked up......

first one off a mate wondering if i would be home all tomorrow so i can sit next to the radio/tele and online in order to text him as soon as these two mega signings he has been told from various sources (certain garages and pubs) we are making tomorrow.

call 2...another mate wondering if i'm off to the open day as we are going to surprise the nation by having 3 new players just turn up for training as their introduction.

Guest Toon1981

hmm, £10m ish for Collocini, Villa get Cuellar for £7.8m.  I hope we got the right one, Cuellar nearly won the UEFA cup on his own last season.

Guest Toon1981

hmm, £10m ish for Collocini, Villa get Cuellar for £7.8m.  I hope we got the right one, Cuellar nearly won the UEFA cup on his own last season.

While playing in an 8 man defence. :thup: 

Ha, fair enough, he was still immense tho in a Colin Hendry "Heed the ball, every flipping time" kind of way tho.  Commitment-tastic.

While playing in an 8 man defence. :thup: 

Coloccini is much more proven, though both were successful in a defensive formation last season.

I remember they had an open training session under Roeder at SJP and everyone thought they would have new players there.

They didn't, just Mr Woo doing some chip ups.

True, but then we didn't have an inevitable signing delayed their announcement, never know ;)

I predict Coloccini will finally be confirmed tomorrow, but there will be no mystery signings other than maybe a few unknown trialists.  It's difficult not to get my hopes up, but the simple reality is that if there really were two others signing tomorrow there would be some sort of media report if not a confirmation from the selling club.  By all accounts Derdiyok is still training with FC Basel and there hasn't been a whisper (a credible one anyway) of a "big" name. 

I predict Coloccini will finally be confirmed tomorrow, but there will be no mystery signings other than maybe a few unknown trialists.  It's difficult not to get my hopes up, but the simple reality is that if there really were two others signing tomorrow there would be some sort of media report if not a confirmation from the selling club.  By all accounts Derdiyok is still training with FC Basel and there hasn't been a whisper (a credible one anyway) of a "big" name. 

Like Gutierrez and Guthrie?

Like Gutierrez and Guthrie?

Neither are really big names are they?  And Mallorca had their own reasons for not publicizing our interest since they still don't think the transfer is legitimate.  The three big names we've (probably) pursued - Modric, Aimar & Coloccini - have been very public.

I've had a look at the Basel forum, and they all seem think Derdiyok is playing in their CL qualifier on Wednesday.  Nothing in the Swiss media either.  No mouthy agents either.  I'll be very impressed if we managed to keep it this quiet.

Rather we got a left-back in before we got a right-back - Coloccini can play there afaik. We've got good CB cover too if we do ever need to shift him out wide. Beye's fit as fuck anyway - i know, most footballers are - but still, his injury record is very good iirc.

Rather we got a left-back in before we got a right-back - Coloccini can play there afaik. We've got good CB cover too if we do ever need to shift him out wide. Beye's fit as fuck anyway - i know, most footballers are - but still, his injury record is very good iirc.

I agree. Just you hear more speculation over us reinforcing the left hand side than you do the right; I want us to reinforce the left more than I do the right, but it'd be great if we could have true strength in depth in both of the fullback positions for once. At least we won't have to suffer the sight of Carr any more (I see no-one has picked him up yet).

Guest The Zog

Last night I was out with a good friend of mine who just so happens to be a former Newcastle no9 who still happens to have strong connections at the club. Now obviously I can’t tell you who he is but he likes his pals to call him ‘Big Al.’ Anyway, we were out last night for a few drinks and a bit of catch up as we haven’t seen each other for a while. It got to around 11 o clock and I was like, “Look Big Al, I’m at work in the morning so I’m gonna have to go,” and he said, “Aww no, just have a couple of shots for the road man and then we’ll head off.” He can be quite persuasive can Big Al so I agreed. Two hours and a bottle of Aftershock later I was smashed! Normally Big Al would’ve let me stay at his but he said he didn’t have the space as he had to put up Coloccini, Derdiyok and Arshavin at his house until their transfers were confirmed this week as a favour to the club. It’s something he has to do as part of his Ambassador role. His other spare room was full of head and shoulders and industrial strength hairdryers apparently.

Obviously you won’t believe me but…………