Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Tottenham star's agent confirms United interest

THE agent of Tottenham star Pascal Chimbonda has confirmed Newcastle United's interest in the defender.

The French international is expected to leave Spurs at the end of the season as coach Juande Ramos looks to continue his rebuilding work.

Kevin Keegan has been strongly linked with a move for Chimbonda and his agent Roger Boli admits there is interest from St James's Park.

"We expect to discuss a contract extension for Pascal. It all depends on Spurs' directors," Boli told Setanta Sports.

"It's up to them to decide if they want to keep him or not. I'm optimistic on both options.

"The first one would be Pascal being offered a new deal and the second one would see him being transferred by Spurs.

"Newcastle's offer was serious, but they are in a bizarre situation. I don't know if Kevin Keegan will stay at the club next season."

I'd love Chimbonda here, he'd be a big improvement on Beye.

I thought Willie Mckay was his agent though?

Would rather not to be honest, good player no doubt but has got a shitty attitude, i really dont want to see anymore disruptive influences at the club. Beye is only a year older and isnt bad to be fair. Stick with him for the time being.

Funny that because when we had all the disruptive influences in the team we were in the Champions League, a good manager can cope with that through man management.

Chimbonda is a big step up on Beye too.

i think we will buy chrouch he's not playing for liverpool and could do i job her  with owen/martins

I'd certainly have Crouch here. Dunno though... i think i'd have Kenwyne Jones here if the Mackems were to go down (which i doubt). He could turn into a really decent player.

yeah :clap: Kenwyne Jones looks like i he's going places so he must leave sunderland soon................

Guest jcricthon

If Crouch will come he should be a no-brainer...hes class to be far to the lad. Great touch, great vision, great finisher and scores a lot when he plays!

i think we will buy chrouch he's not playing for liverpool and could do i job her  with owen/martins

I'd certainly have Crouch here. Dunno though... i think i'd have Kenwyne Jones here if the Mackems were to go down (which i doubt). He could turn into a really decent player.

yeah :clap: Kenwyne Jones looks like i he's going places so he must leave sunderland soon................

He started the season well, and looked a real handful against us, but hasn't scored for ages.

I'd like us to put a bid in for Bullard if they go down. I'd also have Hyypia on a free.

Why is everyone bumming Bullard all of a sudden? He's average imo. Fuck Crouch as well, would prefer someone with a bit of ability in air.

I'd like us to put a bid in for Bullard if they go down. I'd also have Hyypia on a free.

Why is everyone bumming Bullard all of a sudden? He's average imo. Fuck Crouch as well, would prefer someone with a bit of ability in air.

:thup:

All of a sudden? He was good for Wigan, and he's been good for Fulham when he's played, hasn't he? He'd improve our midfield by miles, although that probably says more about our midfield than his ability. Likely to be relatively cheap if they go down as well.

Still think we should try for Santa Cruz, he's like a Viduka except doesn't get injured all the time and is better all round.

Had more than his fair share of injury problems, if my memory serves me correctly. 

Not really in the past two seasons anyway. Has played 30 games already this season apparently.

Keita - Lyon

Elmander - Tolouse

Fabiano - Sevilla

Navarro - Sevilla

Would never get them probably, Elmander and Keita shouldnt be impossible.

Aye, especially with Toulouse occupying the 19th place in the league at the moment.

THE agent of Tottenham star Pascal Chimbonda has confirmed Newcastle United's interest in the defender.

The French international is expected to leave Spurs at the end of the season as coach Juande Ramos looks to continue his rebuilding work.

Kevin Keegan has been strongly linked with a move for Chimbonda and his agent Roger Boli admits there is interest from St James's Park.

"We expect to discuss a contract extension for Pascal. It all depends on Spurs' directors," Boli told Setanta Sports.

"It's up to them to decide if they want to keep him or not. I'm optimistic on both options.

"The first one would be Pascal being offered a new deal and the second one would see him being transferred by Spurs.

"Newcastle's offer was serious, but they are in a bizarre situation. I don't know if Kevin Keegan will stay at the club next season."

Would rather not to be honest, good player no doubt but has got a shitty attitude, i really dont want to see anymore disruptive influences at the club. Beye is only a year older and isnt bad to be fair. Stick with him for the time being.

Funny that because when we had all the disruptive influences in the team we were in the Champions League, a good manager can cope with that through man management.

Aye and that ended well didnt it. Like i said, id rather not have him on the basis that he'd be a disruptive influence. There are obviously other options and i happen to like Beye, and dont regard Chimbonda as a "big step up" although he is an improvement.

In my opinion i can afford some indiscipline to special players such as Cantona or Robert but Chimbonda, no thanks.

Aye and that ended well didnt it. Like i said, id rather not have him on the basis that he'd be a disruptive influence. There are obviously other options and i happen to like Beye, and dont regard Chimbonda as a "big step up" although he is an improvement.

In my opinion i can afford some indiscipline to special players such as Cantona or Robert but Chimbonda, no thanks.

Aye he's no big step up, a bit better going forward maybe but Beye is just as good if not a better defender.

We do need to be planning for Beye's replacement though, he's getting on a bit.

Just turned 30 aint he? Also Chimbonda is 28(?) So he doesnt exactly offer anything exceptional longevity-wise. £8m on a alebit proven 28year old, who has a habit of being an arse isnt what id call a good bit of future planning. Rather that £8m go on a younger player.

Just turned 30 aint he? Also Chimbonda is 28(?) So he doesnt exactly offer anything exceptional longevity-wise. £8m on a alebit proven 28year old, who has a habit of being an arse isnt what id call a good bit of future planning. Rather that £8m go on a younger player.

Chimbonda turned 29 in february, Beye will be 31 in October.

I think 2x MC, left winger, forward and a right winger should be higher on our priority list than getting a new right-back.

Although we won't have a back-up with Carr gone this summer

Guest ObaStar

Still think we should try for Santa Cruz, he's like a Viduka except doesn't get injured all the time and is better all round.

Had more than his fair share of injury problems, if my memory serves me correctly. 

hes just less round in general

Chimbonda turned 29 in february, Beye will be 31 in October.

I think 2x MC, left winger, forward and a right winger should be higher on our priority list than getting a new right-back.

Although we won't have a back-up with Carr gone this summer

I think there are 3/4 absolute vital signings to be made, persoanlly think a DM, RW, AM and a CB. A CF would also be nice but i wouldnt be as bothered if we didnt go for antoher forward as i would if ther other positions werent addressed,