Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

No Brown, good.

Still a good chance to get Carrick though.

How is there more chance of signing Carrick than Brown, when they have both had their contracts renewed? I'd say Carrick was about 100 times less likely to come here than Brown, despite 'geordie roots'

Guest Stephen927

Liverpool could be forced to sell Fernando Torres and Ryan Babel if they fail to pay back a £35.1m loan used to help buy the pair. (The Times)

Anyone thinking what I'm thinking?  :pow:

No chance with Carrick anyway, even less chance now.

No Brown, good.

Still a good chance to get Carrick though.

How is there more chance of signing Carrick than Brown, when they have both had their contracts renewed? I'd say Carrick was about 100 times less likely to come here than Brown, despite 'geordie roots'

;)

Don't know if its been mentioned but from the BBC Gossip Column

"Everton manager David Moyes is tracking Newcastle full-back Steven Carr, whose contract expires at the end of the season." (Daily Mirror)

:lol:

I doubt it. We've got one bad right back and an average one, We won't be looking to  lower the bar in that position.

We've got to move for Diego in my opinion. Some of the world's biggest clubs e.g. Real Madrid, Inter and Juventus are going to be interested in him but he might not necessarily be a priority signing for these clubs.

We can't offer Champions League football, but a player like him could make getting back to that level a possibility. Apparently, he is available for £18 million.

Worth a try surely?

We've got to move for Diego in my opinion. Some of the world's biggest clubs e.g. Real Madrid, Inter and Juventus are going to be interested in him but he might not necessarily be a priority signing for these clubs.

We can't offer Champions League football, but a player like him could make getting back to that level a possibility. Apparently, he is available for £18 million.

Worth a try surely?

Says he wants to stay at Werder according to Skysports.com. I think it would be close to impossible to sign him as he is one of the most wanted players in football atm.

Worth a try surely?

Says he wants to stay at Werder according to Skysports.com. I think it would be close to impossible to sign him as he is one of the most wanted players in football atm.

All the more frustrating that Diego was all set to join Spurs as a 17 year old for a maximum of £6m iirc but fell foul of work permit regulations.  Unfortunately, Pleat never thought of signing him and parking him in Belgium for a couple of years.

Nicky Maynard is on stunning form for Crewe.

Looked well composed last season, a good prospect but hasn't done much until the run in.

Edit: Just got his 1st ever hattrick.

Well done lad.  :thup:

'Would I go for Ronaldinho? Yes, I think so. You have to have an open mind. It is something I'd love to do. Whether it's this summer, well that would be fantastic. Whether he would come here is another matter. We have to live in the real world as well. But we have to believe that one we can compete if these players come available.'

The above is from Roy Keane & they think we are delusional.

The link below has quotes from Keegan as well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=560729&in_page_id=1779

Looked well composed last season, a good prospect but hasn't done much until the run in.

Aye he does look a canny player.

Aye he does look a canny player.

Lost a lot sharpness after his leg break, will be intresting to see if he can finish the season strongly.

Lets just sign Zarate, fuck it I have had a drink, Birmingham won't be able to afford him, he is young, has long hair, has a cool name and is south American I cant see how it can go wrong.

Lets just sign Zarate, f*** it I have had a drink, Birmingham won't be able to afford him, he is young, has long hair, has a cool name and is south American I cant see how it can go wrong.

cordone

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_3454730,00.html

Skysports.com understands Newcastle and West Ham are eyeing Toulouse midfielder Achille Emana.

Emana is a target for a host of clubs across Europe after impressing for Toulouse over the last few seasons.

The 25-year-old is regarded as one of the best attacking midfielders in Europe and his performances have not gone unnoticed.

Newcastle and West Ham have been keeping tabs on the Cameroon international for some time and scouts from both clubs are believed to have watched Emana in action against Bordeaux over the weekend.

Spanish duo Sevilla and Almeria and Italian pair Fiorentina and Udinese are also believed to be tracking Emana and are lining up moves for the midfielder in the summer.

Emana is believed to be considering his future at Toulouse and is keen on a move away to a bigger club.

The African is thought to have made a move to England his top choice and this has alerted the likes of West Ham and Newcastle.

Toulouse are unlikely to be able to resist any big-money offers for Emana and their valuation of €8million (£6.3million) would be no problem for either Newcastle or West Ham.