FA Cup 5th Round

Nate

Arsenal losing the plot here. Players at big teams sure don't like getting beat.

Attacking passing football is always a joy to behold but it always leave you short at the back.

Psychologically speaking, Arsenal's inability to score first and subsequent attempts fail to yield a goal, Manchester United managed to get a couple in, the morale and of the Arsenal players are somewhat already thwarted. I am of the view that human beings thrive on confidence. No confidence = no adrenaline rush = no win.

But I'm still not convinced that Rooney and Fletcher are class acts.

My two cents

You bastard, I was about to post that :lol:

They wont be singing that when Smith scores his a hatrick next week.

You know what I thought was the best match Newcastle has thus far since Keegan's appointment? I thought it was the first half of the FA Cup match with Arsenal. That was the best performance. You can see their confidence. Subsequent matches amounting to losses... I don't know... I feel the players' confidence seems to be dwindling which isn't surprising.

As for Smith, I bet that's a joke from you. Smith, I think he's resigned to not scoring for a while, he lost the feeling, motivation, instinct to net in a goal. Things are like, you do more of some things, gets recognition for it.. you want to do more of it (in this case, Alan Smith scoring goals)... However the more you try, the more impossible it seems, even if there's a good chance coming, you (Smith) will probably miss it.

Of course, I'm not saying that things are always like that. In life, never say never but the higher probability points to that. Luck plays a great part too. I didn't think Owen's 2 goals were that fantastic. But I'm glad he managed to score because that could come as a great morale booster (hopefully).

Evra and Maicon from Inter is the best attacking defenders in the world.

I'm not sure about Maicon.

But I've always rate Evra highly. Quick, strong, fast, decisive, good passing... All you want from a attacking defender. If he plays winger, I'm not surprised. Definitely better than Ashley Cole, Wayne Bridge etc.

They wont be singing that when Smith scores his a hatrick next week.

As for Smith, I bet that's a joke from you. Smith, I think he's resigned to not scoring for a while, he lost the feeling, motivation, instinct to net in a goal. Things are like, you do more of some things, gets recognition for it.. you want to do more of it (in this case, Alan Smith scoring goals)... However the more you try, the more impossible it seems, even if there's a good chance coming, you (Smith) will probably miss it.

I wouldnt joke about Smith I am being totally cereal