Man United (h) - 23/02/08 - pre-match thread

womblemaster

Hmm.. Im just gonna :eek:  before the match...

I'm sharing hoiuse with two crazy man utd fans, and they always invite a bunch of other man utd fans whenever they play a match. :-[

Now that's pressure... can't fucking stand it. I'll go home earlier if we are 2 or 3 goals up ..

I'm sharing hoiuse with two crazy man utd fans, and they always invite a bunch of other man utd fans whenever they play a match. :-[

Now that's pressure... can't fucking stand it. I'll go home earlier if we are 2 or 3 goals up ..

Petrol bomb.

Now that's pressure... can't f****** stand it. I'll go home earlier if we are 2 or 3 goals up ..

just say the speech..."doesn't matter, i support my team because they are mine,through everything,you can't take the piss out of me for following my team when you are likely to fuck off when the going gets tough"

That's true! :) Probably the worst fans in England are the man utd fans, they can't stand draws or losses. They are so spoilt and demanding.

if on the off chance one if them is a manc,just say "we'll talk football" and be honest.

It's funny actually, most of us on here have been optamistic on here all season,we'l get something at Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd, but now, we are shite and have no chance against Man Utd at home on Saturday, it's funny because it's true.

I say it every season, ahh well, just have to wait until next year, and when next year comes, it's the same old story.

Until i know that we are going to spend big in the summer, i can't see us touching the top 4 again in the near future.

If we just had a decent defence those few seasons under Robson when we were in the Champions League.....

Guest microbar

Newcastle united v man utd

Newcastle          Man utd     

pace 0                10

skill  0                10

defence 0          8

attack 0            10

outcome  7-0 to man utd

Harper

Beye, Faye, Taylor, Enrique

Milner, Barton (yeeeeeeeees... Barton) Emre (yeeeeeeees...Emre) Zog

Carroll (yeeeeeeees...Carroll) Owen

bench: forster, cacapa, gerimi, duff, viduka

duffy in for milner at 60 min, we get a bit more pace, and duffy can strutt his stuff!

dukes inn for carroll, depending on how he is performing... however it is a bit harsh trowing him in at this cind of match!

barton and emre: butt out ffs! they are (belive it or not) our best CM in our squad right now... reason for gerimi on the bench.. id rather have passing game instead of a none passing game... and tbf, butts form has been utter shit, and his legs are gone!

ill explain further....:

Edgar: sorry m8, dont think you got it quite yet.. needs to be loaned out as i think he needs to get his head straight again, its not that easy to be breaking into the line up! (or well, considering the form we have been in.. hmm..)

Lualua: would love to see him in the squad, but right now, ill rather have duff in there... wont put him in against manu

Butt: shit shit shit shit.....  sorry, but legs are gone (been that for a while now) and ill rather play someone who can pass the ball in midfield!

Smith: shit shit shit shit..... underperforming (or is he?), dont want to see him in the team against manu, rather go with reserves there tbf...

anyone i missed out? :

Given

Beye  Taylor  Faye  Enrique

Barton     Emre

Milner    N'Zogbia     Duff

Owen

I'm not sure about Given as his distribution has been poorer than usual if actually possible so could give a rare start for Harper or even Forster. Enrique at left back is a must but can't see it happening as KK started with CARR ahead of him last time(maybe a language barrier?). We definitely need 5 players in midfield to gain some control of the ball at all and immediately push wide players Milner and Duff forward when in possession. There's not much point trying Duke up front as he's not going win Vidic-Rio at headers and his pace is just not up to the task. We really need to put some pace in a out play to even stand a little chance!!! Keep the ball on the deck(although Owen has scored his goals from headers lately)...

Guest battyleespeed

Harper

Beye    Taylor    Faye    Enrique

Geremi   Butt     Emre     Duff

Owen     Smith

Geremi on Giggs

Taylor on Rooney

Butt on Scholes and Emre on Carrick

Smith dropping back to help out the midfield as well as fighting it upfront

If we have to chase the game sub Smith for Viduka and Geremi for Milner.

Hmm, i wouldn't be expecting to be getting home too sharp, if i were you.

Guest Urban Fox

I F'kn LOVE Newcastle United!!!!  If they play badly, I'll sing my heart out for the lads, If Smith plays, ISMHOFTL, If Carr kicks the ball to Tevez on the pen spot to give Man U their 8th goal of the day with 70 minutes still on the clock ISMHOFTL!! 

I LOVE YOU NEWCASTLE UNITED! GEORDIE TIL I DIE! ST JAMES' IS A CATHEDRAL OF FOOTBALL!! SING YOUR HEART OUT FOR THE LADS! STOP THE NEGATIVITY!

When we clinch survival, this is what we'll sing, we are geordies, super geordies, Keegan is our king!!!

KK has had plenty of time to prepare for this one..Should be tactically superior on Sat because of his masterminding the last 2 weeks. I reckon a 2-1 home win :idiot2:

However, is man u in better physical shape by playing yesterday or are we in better shape from resting come Sat??

If we play 451 against Man Utd, is there any point in playing Owen? may as well rest him for the games he will actually get chances to score in

Good point hakka.

I'm hoping for two up front though. We have nothing to loose, the mancs are huge favorites anyway. We must believe we can win.

I F'kn LOVE Newcastle United!!!!  If they play badly, I'll sing my heart out for the lads, If Smith plays, ISMHOFTL, If Carr kicks the ball to Tevez on the pen spot to give Man U their 8th goal of the day with 70 minutes still on the clock ISMHOFTL!! 

I LOVE YOU NEWCASTLE UNITED! GEORDIE TIL I DIE! ST JAMES' IS A CATHEDRAL OF FOOTBALL!! SING YOUR HEART OUT FOR THE LADS! STOP THE NEGATIVITY!

When we clinch survival, this is what we'll sing, we are geordies, super geordies, Keegan is our king!!!

YES!    :indi:

That's the spirit! :thup:

Guest toonlass

Someone's been on the wine gums  bluelaugh.gif