The Champions League

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Strachan's reaction when asked whether they could win 2-0 at Barcelona was brilliant :lol:

Would sound lame in written ;)

He does splutter comically when asked "if he believes in miracles" on the BBC radio clip.

Guest nufc_geordie

Sign of the great times when they manage not to lose a game. For the last two or three years Man Utd would have lost that game 1-0. This is the best team they have had for a few years and they showed that by getting the equaliser. Should go through OK now.

Fucking gutted about Toure btw, imo i think he will be out for the rest of the season, with Senderos at CB for the next 3 months that could be the league fight over. Although he has been faultless the last 6 weeks hes been playing.

Guest Sporting

Dare I say it, Adebayor has a pretty poor record in the 'big games'...

No goals against Chelsea, one against Man U, none against Liverpool, none in the Champions League.

I think it may just be a coincidence considering champions league he couldnt play in his first 6 months for the club.

He will come good :)

And thank god that Toure breaking SSN that its only 2 weeks for Toure :D

I think it may just be a coincidence considering champions league he couldnt play in his first 6 months for the club.

Not what I heard. From BBC Sport:

Arsenal hit by Toure injury blow

Arsenal defender Kolo Toure went off with a calf injury against AC Milan

Toure went off early on with a calf problem against Milan

Arsenal were left counting the cost of the Champions League draw with AC Milan after Kolo Toure picked up an injury that may keep him out for some time.

The Ivory Coast defender, 26, limped off after seven minutes of the 0-0 draw at the Emirates Stadium and boss Arsene Wenger blamed it on over-playing.

"Kolo has a calf injury and from what I can see he will be out for at least three to four weeks," he said.

"The injury was a consequence of the African Nations Cup."

Not what I heard. From BBC Sport:

Arsenal hit by Toure injury blow

Arsenal defender Kolo Toure went off with a calf injury against AC Milan

Toure went off early on with a calf problem against Milan

Arsenal were left counting the cost of the Champions League draw with AC Milan after Kolo Toure picked up an injury that may keep him out for some time.

The Ivory Coast defender, 26, limped off after seven minutes of the 0-0 draw at the Emirates Stadium and boss Arsene Wenger blamed it on over-playing.

"Kolo has a calf injury and from what I can see he will be out for at least three to four weeks," he said.

"The injury was a consequence of the African Nations Cup."

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=487928&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Wenger+-+Toure%27s+injury+looks+better+than+I+first+feared

"But today the medical staff said to me it would be closer to two than four." Mr Wenger

• 2 weeks later...