Obafemi Martins

Wullie

Honestly...we need Oba and Beye back now! I know Beye's gone for a good while, but it will enhance our play greatly just having Oba on the pitch.

Yeah we actually have someone that stretches defences when he plays, when he doesn't play the oppositions defenders can basically have a lie down and just keep an eye on Owen.

Guest Darth Toon

Our single most important player for the run in IMO.

If we can keep him fit our chances of staying up increase greatly - we have several away games against fellow strugglers, and his pace will be absolutely vital.

Newcastle have only managed to win two of their 22 Premier League games without Obafemi Martins since he joined the club in the summer of 2006.

Copied that stat from the other thread. We really do need this one back. Hope Barton's injury is short term, because we look 10x better with Martins (WMD) and Joey inthe team.

Newcastle have only managed to win two of their 22 Premier League games without Obafemi Martins since he joined the club in the summer of 2006.

Copied that stat from the other thread. We really do need this one back. Hope Barton's injury is short term, because we look 10x better with Martins (WMD) and Joey inthe team.

Don't come around here with such stats, it gets in the way of personal agendas.

It's actually one, I checked. He's failed to start in two but came on after 51 minutes in the other game.

that true? really puts his importance into sharp focus if so.

Guest Heneage

He's massive for us. And just shows why we need strengthening. I hope Owens realising you are not the be all and end all of this club now fuck off.

Said when he got injured that we would find out the hard way how much we depend on him. Well we fucking have done.

the worst thing is by the time he comes back we have a run of extremely hard games that we'd struggle to win even with him in the side. have to get a minimum of 6 pts from the next three matches imo otherwise we're finished.

If we don't make any more signings between now and the end of the transfer window, probably the most key player to where we finish this season. Worrying.

how's that worrying? He's been our best player since he signed for us

If we don't make any more signings between now and the end of the transfer window, probably the most key player to where we finish this season. Worrying.

how's that worrying? He's been our best player since he signed for us,

Exactly. Anyone giving Martins grief can fuck off.

Lets sell him for 10m and buy 4 players for 2m eh? That would be fuckin class. He;s comfortably our best player once Shay goes. I'm talking about the player that will win us the most points. He's absolutely indispensable and he's massively underrated by nearly all our fans.

Exactly. Anyone giving Martins grief can f*** off.

Lets sell him for 10m and buy 4 players for 2m eh? That would be fuckin class. He;s comfortably our best player once Shay goes. I'm talking about the player that will win us the most points. He's absolutely indispensable and he's massively underrated by nearly all our fans.

I seconded that.

You should study your maths.

But yeah fully agreed with your post.

You should study your maths.

But yeah fully agreed with your post.

Nah, my maths was right. We'll never spend the full amount we bring in!!!

Correction: he's massively under-rated by a section of beard strokers who are keen to point out he's as thick as mince while ignoring the fact that most of our attackers couldn't punch their way out of a paper bag.

Where is Gemmill these days?

Correction: he's massively under-rated by a section of beard strokers who are keen to point out he's as thick as mince while ignoring the fact that most of our attackers couldn't punch their way out of a paper bag.

Where is Gemmill these days?

I'd take 11 as thick as Martins if they were all as effective as him.

His detractors remind me of the anti-Laurent Robert brigade. Can't see what's in front of their face.