Obafemi Martins

Wullie

Guest Gemmill

I'm no Martins fan, and he could have done better with the one that hit the post imo, but the second one was just a good save.  Blaming him for the defeat is bollocks, although I would use him as a sub next weekend.

Your posts are getting severely pathetic now. Just because you have a sad little idea in your head doesnt make it true.

I disagree with many on owens ability and the way he plays. This doesnt determine my opinion on every single issue relating to newcastle.

I said martins did well to get his goal v boro, i also specifically said owen would not have been able to score the goal martins did. Look back through my posts instead of replying with this crap  :thup:

You didn't answer my question though. Why didn't you post in this thread after Martins scored against boro?

Didnt feel the need to.

:thup:

I suspect that Jayson either has some obsession with Michael Owen, or is the man himself

pointless mate, he'll still be whinging about little Michael being a great player long after he's deserted the ship he helped sink

Nah its just called common sense. Thats why all you ever do is whine about me posting, instead of being able to argue against it. Bit embarassing for you.

Best player for us today, imo. Worked hard and created a good few chances.

missed a couple of sitters though. should have had 1 or 2.

Sitters?

As in chances he should have taken. The one that hit the post, and the one late on in the second half.

Shearer would have been proud to score those.

Hed have finished both chances with ease.

Martins finishing has been dodgy recently, whether its down to his injury/confidence is another thing.

In art of football; Martins is GOD.  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bad to clap myself...... but Martins is so important that i clap again  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:  Thank's a lot to Glenn R. for bringing him, :clap: -And I'll hail Shearer when he developing him.

Can't believe your applauding Roeder for signing Oba,  Roeder should've took his transfer kitty to Germany and bought Berbatov or Santa Cruz.

Take yourself back to that time and look at the situation,  we have too replace Shearer and we have a world class striker called Owen, now we can't see into the future so we weren't to know little Michael would barely be fit for the next 3 years BUT you know that he performs better with a big man/target man.  3 top centre forwards are on the market,  all internationals, 2 big lads and a little speedy one.  Why the hell did Roeder go for Oba?

Owen alongside a Berbatov or Santa Cruz would've/could've been a partnership made in heaven.

Guest koye

Owen was injured in Germany that summer, and it's obvious we needed some pace up front! Good piece of business from Sheperd and Roeder to get Martins.

Guest NorwegianMag

What's up with Norwegians and the excessive use of the :clap: emoticon?  ??? Harry-Norway in disguise?

Hey I don't use it, neither do you so stop generalizing! ;)

He might not have a football brain, but he's got the heart of a lion!

http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:glQWI1mABd3JKM:http://www.gonemovies.com/WWW/MyWebFilms/Drama/WizardLionClose.jpg

I suspect that Jayson either has some obsession with Michael Owen, or is the man himself

pointless mate, he'll still be whinging about little Michael being a great player long after he's deserted the ship he helped sink

Nah its just called common sense. Thats why all you ever do is whine about me posting, instead of being able to argue against it. Bit embarassing for you.

isn't it embarassing for you that you've basically had your tongue up Owen's arse for the last 4 months and he's proved you wrong, game after game

isn't it embarassing for you that you've basically had your tongue up Owen's arse for the last 4 months and he's proved you wrong, game after game

they both been shit this season.

Guest alankhaw

Down to so many managerial changes. Imagine  a department in a company which changes boss very frequently. Nobody will be settled and performances will drop as a result

Down to so many managerial changes. Imagine  a department in a company which changes boss very frequently. Nobody will be settled and performances will drop as a result

If you lik. I personally don't mind blaming the players a bit.

if you had a brain youd get why that sentance you posted is moronic

several of us have presented perfectly good arguments about Owen, you just don't acknowledge them

several of us have presented perfectly good arguments about Owen, you just don't acknowledge them

totally different players with differing attributes,neither of which should hold their heads high at the end of the season.

such as

totally different players with differing attributes,neither of which should hold their heads high at the end of the season.

We're not even comparing owen to martins at this point, just arguing about the same old crap about Owen being crap/good.