Newcastle United 1 - 5 Manchester United - 23/2/08 - post match from page 26

James

WE ARE PLAYING MANCHESTER UNITED

THEY ARE 2ND IN THE LEAGUE, AND WILL PROBABLY WIN IT

THE PERFORMANCE HAS BEEN ENCOURAGING.

SERIOUSLY, WHAT MORE DO PEOPLE EXPECT?

Encouraging? We keep giving them the ball. We're not actually supposed to be helping them win, regardless of how good they are

Taylor's defending on that second goal was laughable.

Why is he turning his back on Ronaldo?

That goal was TOTALLy on Barton, gave the ball away needlessly defence totally of balance. He's beyond s**** tbh

BTW For those calling for Keegans head, he won his first game the last time he took over then we lost several horribly, we avoided relegation by one game, it asn't until the following summer when he got "his" players in that things started to get better.

I for one will give him as long again

Spot on.  What does Taylor's positioning have to do with that second goal? Is he supposed to anticipate Barton's inability to pass forwards?

I thought Butt's had a good game so far - won almost every tackle he's gone in for and his passing's been alot better than usual. As for Keegan give him a fucking break - this sort of attitude is proving all those twats in the papers to be correct and he's had a very tough start as manager.

What the fuck are you moaning about?

Some people aren't happy with how we're playing, how dare they!

Impotent up front, clueless in midfield and disorganised at the back but at least we've made a fight of it - a fight though we've clearly already lost.

Why not give Carroll a game for Smith - I really can't see Smith ever scoring a goal - ever.

We haven't been terrible, we've tried to take the game to them, we may not have had a shot, but we've been centimetres from a few good chances, eg a Milner corner whiskers away from Butt's head.

Manchester United have been ruthless on the counter attack - these are really good players, unplayable at times see Ronaldo's sublime cross.

Both goals were the fault of ball watchers - Zoggy didn't track Rooney, Taylor didn't track Ronaldo.

A good keeper would have anticipated Rooney's first and saved it by committing early in my opinion.

Guest The Libertine

man utd are a pretty good team everybody. dont forget that.

no excuse for us not even having a shot

its not is it? probably the best team in the world on their day and we arent even winning FFS!!!!

people like you ruin match day threads for the majority.

you are clueless btw

because im not crying and screaming about not out-playing the best team on the planet, im clueless?

indeed.

I thought Butt's had a good game so far - won almost every tackle he's gone in for and his passing's been alot better than usual. As for Keegan give him a fucking break - this sort of attitude is proving all those twats in the papers to be correct and he's had a very tough start as manager.

Wrong on both points you've made. Well done.

Guest Ebolarama

Exactly what is encouraging, you dolt?

Our left-wing is a fucking joke at the moment and it's not N'Zogbia's fault. Duff is having a fucking mare. Whenever he is on the ball, he is doing slow, little touches - can't beat his man and can't put a cross in. When he's not on the ball, he's fucking nowhere to be seen; it's driving me fucking mental. The times N'Zogbia and Barton have got up on that left hand side, towards the edge of the box, and they've touched the ball out to the left for it to be played back in, Duff simply hasn't been there. Fucking shocking.

Milner's played one or two very tasty balls in and N'Zogbia's done a decent one, too. So much for Barton being this tenacious, on-rushing midfielder, where the fuck is he.

Milner's doing alright but again, he's horribly slow. Will beat his man fair and square, knock the ball a couple yards away in preparation for a cross... and yet Evra can still get back and make an inch perfect tackle.

Faye's been good in the air, Owen's passed the ball well, Milner's done some good crosses. They are the positives from that half. Rubbish.

I think if you used a bigger and bolder font you'd might of had a point, as it is...

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bunch of kids

I WANT IT NOW OR I'LL THCWEAM BOOO HOOO HOOO

Guest DarkSchneider

Playing Smith, Butt, Barton, when he should play Caroll, Geremi Emre/Lua Lua. We don't have CM. Smith is totaly static ... If KK doesn't at least try to make a change he should go

Add Duff to the pile of crap to

What the fuck are you moaning about?

Some people aren't happy with how we're playing, how dare they!

I'm moaning because people actually expect us to give Man Utd a match?

They're far too good for us.

I don't see how our performance has been bad tbh, especially compared to recent performances.

6 points from our next 4 games are a must however. And should be attainable

:lol:

Nah.

Blackburn and Fulham at home . If we can't beat them........

Blackburn is far from a banker - I'm getting really worried now. One side usually plummets from mid table to the bottom and this season it might be us.

Guest Deep456

It hasn't been encouraging one bit.