Newcastle United 1 - 5 Manchester United - 23/2/08 - post match from page 26

James

WE ARE PLAYING MANCHESTER UNITED

THEY ARE 2ND IN THE LEAGUE, AND WILL PROBABLY WIN IT

THE PERFORMANCE HAS BEEN ENCOURAGING.

SERIOUSLY, WHAT MORE DO PEOPLE EXPECT?

THIS IS NOT MAN U'S STRONGEST SIDE. WE ARE MAKING IT EASY FOR THEM. THEY ARE 2-0 UP AT HALF TIME IN OUR BACK YARD WITHOUT HAVING TO BREAK SWEAT.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bunch of kids

I WANT IT NOW OR I'LL THCWEAM BOOO HOOO HOOO

Whereas people like you are happy to bury your head in the sand and pretend that golden boy Keegan will have a magic touch sooner or later, no?

Some of us are worried about the state of the club, especially if we get relegated. If you don't really care about that then just fuck off and let us lot moan about things.

Guest MaetihS

what is so encouraging about this display? What is so discouraging is that when in good positions and with space, we cannot even muster a decent effort on goal. even sunderland will do more of the few "encouraging" suituations we have. Stop blaming KK tbh, players are just not good enough; Taylor, Milner, Butt, Barton grrr...basically the whole team bar Beye and Faye and maybe Owen.

Guest Ebolarama

What the fuck are you moaning about?

Some people aren't happy with how we're playing, how dare they!

I'm moaning because people actually expect us to give Man Utd a match?

You expected us to capitulate, then?

THIS IS NOT MAN U'S STRONGEST SIDE. WE ARE MAKING IT EASY FOR THEM. THEY ARE 2-0 UP AT HALF TIME IN OUR BACK YARD WITHOUT HAVING TO BREAK SWEAT.

encouraging? what the fuck are you watching

what is so encouraging about this display? What is so discouraging is that when in good positions and with space, we cannot even muster a decent effort on goal. even sunderland will do more of the few "encouraging" suituations we have. Stop blaming KK tbh, players are just not good enough; Taylor, Milner, Butt, Barton grrr...basically the whole team bar Beye and Faye and maybe Owen.

The players weren't allowed to replace themselves in the January window.

Guest The Libertine

any positivity/realism in match day threads and you get your head taken off.

fuck it, keegan out coz we're all gettin relegated n shit.

:clap:

Guest Ebolarama

Alright, how have we played bad?

We've given the ball away a few times, but so have they, and look at how good they are.

There's one difference, when we give the ball away we get punished for it, when they do it, they dont.

You're simple.

I'm obviously not happy with the result at this stage, but the performances are about as good as we can expect with this lot against Man Utd. Anyone disgusted because they expected something from this game is insane. Said it before; we're shite, they're so good they'll take any chance with ease. That's about it.

Our left-wing is a fucking joke at the moment and it's not N'Zogbia's fault. Duff is having a fucking mare. Whenever he is on the ball, he is doing slow, little touches - can't beat his man and can't put a cross in. When he's not on the ball, he's fucking nowhere to be seen; it's driving me fucking mental. The times N'Zogbia and Barton have got up on that left hand side, towards the edge of the box, and they've touched the ball out to the left for it to be played back in, Duff simply hasn't been there. Fucking shocking.

Milner's played one or two very tasty balls in and N'Zogbia's done a decent one, too. So much for Barton being this tenacious, on-rushing midfielder, where the fuck is he.

Milner's doing alright but again, he's horribly slow. Will beat his man fair and square, knock the ball a couple yards away in preparation for a cross... and yet Evra can still get back and make an inch perfect tackle.

Faye's been good in the air, Owen's passed the ball well, Milner's done some good crosses. They are the positives from that half. Rubbish.

Fucking hell someone who agrees about Duff, agree with all that apart from maybe a bit harsh on Milner. I think he's been good, can;t blame him for losing out on pace to Evra.

The midfield has been what is wrong with our team, again. Right-wing we're OK, left-wing - our best left-winger's not playing there. But the centre-mid can't be excused, we've got no one. Game after game it's the obvious weakness. Faye should be there.

I changed my mind, Taylor was an idiot on that goal.  Both he and Beye just watched Ronaldo run fron about 5 yards in front of them to go right between them and get behind them, and then Taylor turns and points like a twat.  MARK THE FUCKING MAN YOU IDIOTS!!

In a weird way I'm encouraged by our performance because if we play like this against anyone outside the top 6 or so we will deck them. We've been competitive and actually caused their defence some discomfort and problems, but stupid mistakes at the back have cost us.

The important games are the ones that come after we play Liverpool.

Zoggy at left-back isn't funny anymore though and Taylor appears to be working on some kind of spinning breakdance move instead of tracking Ronaldo.

Keegan ought to get a bit of credit for actually making this lot look like they can actually pass the ball a little bit. I really think we have looked good going at them.

I know youve been poor of late, but this is Man United FFS, they do this to just about everyone. They did it to Arsenal last week.

As far as drawing conclusions on anything is concerned, this match must surely be null and void?

Alright, how have we played bad?

We've given the ball away a few times, but so have they, and look at how good they are.

There's one difference, when we give the ball away we get punished for it, when they do it, they dont.

:lol: That's because we are shite. Not something Encouraging for sure!