Newcastle United 1 - 5 Manchester United - 23/2/08 - post match from page 26

James

I know youve been poor of late, but this is Man United FFS, they do this to just about everyone. They did it to Arsenal last week.

As far as drawing conclusions on anything is concerned, this match must surely be null and void?

Arsenal don't play like this every week.

We have given the ball away far too much, given them too much space and when we have attacked we have looked clueless in the final 3rd. Shearer Magic take the googles off mate we have been awful again, just because the crowd are really loud and some of the players are running harder than usual doesn't mean we have turned the corner.

I get the impression his confidence has gone in recent weeks and he's hiding.

You're probably right. He used to be better than this, I know, but he's been quite consistent like this in the last few weeks. I'm just slightly angry right now, also at N'Zogbia (and at Keegan for playing him at left back after he regularly did the exact same kind of mistake against Arsenal), and probably at Barton, too. Oh, and Duff. And the ref. Fuck them all.

For some reason I have failed to be annoyed with Smith, but that's probably because I expect nothing from him.

Alright, how have we played bad?

We've given the ball away a few times, but so have they, and look at how good they are.

There's one difference, when we give the ball away we get punished for it, when they do it, they dont.

You're simple.

So you bring out the personal insults now?

What's been encouraging:

- Duff and N'Zogbia linking up well.

- Good passing moves

- Milner has played well

- Smith has been fairly good

It's not a huge amount, but it's a start. Better than we've been playing recently.

I'm obviously not happy with the result at this stage, but the performances are about as good as we can expect with this lot against Man Utd. Anyone disgusted because they expected something from this game is insane. Said it before; we're s****, they're so good they'll take any chance with ease. That's about it.

That is my opinon too. I think we will start winning matches when it matters. This season is going to be probably the worst one since pre-Keegan days so everyone's just gonna have to grin and bear it right to the very end.

I know youve been poor of late, but this is Man United FFS, they do this to just about everyone. They did it to Arsenal last week.

As far as drawing conclusions on anything is concerned, this match must surely be null and void?

You would think so wouldn't you. People are expecting miracles if they expect us to be Man Utd standard overnight.

WE ARE PLAYING MANCHESTER UNITED

THEY ARE 2ND IN THE LEAGUE, AND WILL PROBABLY WIN IT

THE PERFORMANCE HAS BEEN ENCOURAGING.

SERIOUSLY, WHAT MORE DO PEOPLE EXPECT?

THIS IS NOT MAN U'S STRONGEST SIDE. WE ARE MAKING IT EASY FOR THEM. THEY ARE 2-0 UP AT HALF TIME IN OUR BACK YARD WITHOUT HAVING TO BREAK SWEAT.

yep, missing van der sar, ferdinand, vidic, evra, brown, carrick, nani, ronaldo, tevez, rooney etc. severly weakened side.

oh wait those lot are playing. the only position in which they havent got a first choice is Fletcher's (better than any of our midfielders too). Carrick is a better player than Hargreaves anyway.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

i cannot implore KK enough to make changes at half time

if he doesn't he deserved a nail gun held to his eyeballs

Stop blaming KK tbh, players are just not good enough; Taylor, Milner, Butt, Barton grrr...basically the whole team bar Beye and Faye and maybe Owen.

Why the hell he keep picking Butt, Smith etc then? I'm not blaming KK and I'm willing to give him some time but he really needs to prove something and not just talk so much s...t

Guest Deep456

Alright, how have we played bad?

We've given the ball away a few times, but so have they, and look at how good they are.

There's one difference, when we give the ball away we get punished for it, when they do it, they dont.

You're simple.

So you bring out the personal insults now?

What's been encouraging:

- Duff and N'Zogbia linking up well.

- Good passing

- Milner has played well

- Smith has been fairly good

It's not a huge amount, but it's a start. Better than we've been playing recently.

I lold so hard. Smith good? He has been shiet as usual.

The frustrating thing is that Man U are making us look worse than we actually are, they've had 2/3 clear chanes and stuck them both away, both have been well avodable ie closing Roanldo down for the cross or zog picking up Rooney and taylor tracking back with Ronaldo, its frustrating because if itwere any other team who werent so clinical we'd be 0-0 at half time. I dont think whats been seen should be praised but i also dont think it should be chastized. We have no invention of movement in the final third, to be fair, we have been in there final 3rd a fair bit. We just need some support when we get there.

Arsenal don't play like this every week.

I thought you looked ok for long spells.

The difference is, as someone said, they give the ball away, they get away with it, you give the ball away, they punish you.

as far as im concerned this season is a write-off and the only task is ensuring we dont get relegated. i wont be judging keegan till he's had a fair whack to spend and we're well into next season and id suggest others do the same.

who the fuck expected us to beat man utd? and anyway we were well on top until they scored from a quick counter and a mistake from our make-shift left-back.