Let's have your honest criticism of N'zogbia

bulivye

It's a good thing that we're doing so well we can pick out a kid for special criticism who is playing out of position, excellent.

not sure how to respond...  zoggy is one that i think has tremendous potential and talent and i've singled him out absolutely because of that.  the absolute dross that has been pulling on a black & white shirt this season should be gone this summer, and good riddance.  but, it's my hope that zoggy stays and comes good under kk.  but he's certainly not the finished article and if he's not careful about his attitude, mentality, work ethic, whatever you want to call it, we'll suffer for it.

obviously he's been played out of position, but even HE knew he'd blown it for their 1st goal.

If he's being played out of position and he drops a rickett, then imho the finger should be pointed at the man who told him to play in that position, not blame N'Zogbia for making a mistake which might be basic for a FB, but not so obvious to someone who isn't accustomed to playing at FB.

He should have been either wide left or centre midfield alongside Faye. If only because both those guys can live with the pace unlike creaky carthorses like Butt and Barton.

that was my choice (faye-n'zogbia in centre mid)

He's not a left back the same way Ronaldo's not a right back. Man Utd, oddly enough, have never seen fit to play him there either. Funny that.

It's even worse when he's being kept there (and a real left back being kept out) to accomodate a waste of oxygen like Damien Duff.

Guest MaetihS

his final ball is not good enough so as his decision making even as a winger. Overrun balls a bit like Dyer..threatening going forward but you know the final product is more often than not nought. Starting to think he is too good for us, thats just my feeling.

do you think that, or do you think HE thinks that?

just to clarify, i feel that he is thinking that he is too good for us.

Guest Knightrider

There is no excusing his role in the opening goal regardless which position he was deployed in. In fact it sums him and our team up - they lack any individual or collective responsibility for themselves and their team. As for N'Zogbia the talent, he's overrated and hasn't really improved a great deal, pretty much like Taylor. He has a few attributes but he will never amount to much unless he improves his attitude and works hard on his all-round game. I wouldn't be bothered if we were to "lose" his services, put it that way.

Guest Knightrider

just to clarify, i feel that he is thinking that he is too good for us.

He actually is too good for us now.

No he isn't. He has it cush here. Loved by fans, guaranteed a game, big wages, not much expected of him other than a few dribbles, shots at goal which has his fan boys clapping like seals and a huge contract of 5 years. If he leaves here, he'd have to actually prove himself.

Of course he is not a left back, he gets picked to as one of them wing backs.  Keegan, Sam Allardyce & Rene Girard (France U21 coach) all play him at as a left wing back.

On the subject of wingbacks Dunga (Brazil coach) was asked how European Football must benefit his players defensively & he commented that it doesn't as European clubs often plays his fullbacks in defence but they play like wingers. I think this is the case with CNZ.

It's a good thing that we're doing so well we can pick out a kid for special criticism who is playing out of position, excellent.

not sure how to respond...  zoggy is one that i think has tremendous potential and talent and i've singled him out absolutely because of that.  the absolute dross that has been pulling on a black & white shirt this season should be gone this summer, and good riddance.  but, it's my hope that zoggy stays and comes good under kk.  but he's certainly not the finished article and if he's not careful about his attitude, mentality, work ethic, whatever you want to call it, we'll suffer for it.

obviously he's been played out of position, but even HE knew he'd blown it for their 1st goal.

If he's being played out of position and he drops a rickett, then imho the finger should be pointed at the man who told him to play in that position, not blame N'Zogbia for making a mistake which might be basic for a FB, but not so obvious to someone who isn't accustomed to playing at FB.

Bloody hell, you don't need to be Maldini to know that if someone is making a run past you that you track back with them. The problem there was attitude, not ability or experience.

He's a s**** leftback and a very average winger!

Never produced enough to be considerted a great player, but then who has this season!

We need Martins back asap

Martins in for CNZ at left wing back?

Yep and Taylor as the lone striker!

Guest Novocastrian

Doesn't make a jot of difference if he's a "proper" left back or not. There are certain basics every player has got to do and to let a man drift in blindside to score in that manner is indefensible.

What about Dyer's "little tea pot" act on the line? Don't blame him because he's not a defender? Get real, N'Zogbia needs a rocket up his arse and the defence need some intensive coaching.

Doesn't matter how good a player is, it's suicidal to depend on someone who's head has been turned elsewhere, when you're fighting a relegation battle.

Why would he care if we're dropping like a stone? He's not going to be around.