Martins to sign a new contract

sempuki

Happy enough, to have him on board to be honest, not sure about his wages though. But getting him to sign a new contract will be very good for us just to get that clause out, i happen to like him as a player, its all fair and where breaking down his individual attributes. which we can all do and most of us can see that he isnt the complete player and most of us can see that his intelligences on a pitch will hinder his progress, but his goalscoring record is pretty undeniable. Its been better than fanstastic considering the 2 mangers and systems he's played under, especially Roeder where he was on his own for most the season. He doesnt suffer from too many injuries and lets be honest i think its fair to say that even though he doesnt use his pace very effectively, he still scares defenders.

I dont understand how he gets this much criticsm when he's scored so many goals for us, the bottom line is that he's scored goals for us, and had already saved us from relegation once.

Dont get me wrong, i dont think he's the messiah, but i still think he's a player 90% of the teams in the premiership would love to have.

Guest float one in

Happy enough, to have him on board to be honest, not sure about his wages though. But getting him to sign a new contract will be very good for us just to get that clause out, i happen to like him as a player, its all fair and where breaking down his individual attributes. which we can all do and most of us can see that he isnt the complete player and most of us can see that his intelligences on a pitch will hinder his progress, but his goalscoring record is pretty undeniable. Its been better than fanstastic considering the 2 mangers and systems he's played under, especially Roeder where he was on his own for most the season. He doesnt suffer from too many injuries and lets be honest i think its fair to say that even though he doesnt use his pace very effectively, he still scares defenders.

I dont understand how he gets this much criticsm when he's scored so many goals for us, the bottom line is that he's scored goals for us, and had already saved us from relegation once.

Dont get me wrong, i dont think he's the messiah, but i still think he's a player 90% of the teams in the premiership would love to have.

Good comments mate. I am not trying to single him out for criticism and I am grateful for the goals he's scored (last season would have been even worse if not for him, Sib and Milner), I just don't think he is what we need over the coming seasons. Especially on improved wages.

Guest Stephen927

Good, we need to tie him down to a new contract without get out clauses.

Can be very annoying to watch sometimes, but at times you just have to step back and wonder how he can get so much power behind his shots for such a little guy. Also our only striker who can truly run at defenders and cause them to back peddle.

Hopefully he'll be the main catalyst to help us dig ourselves out of this rut that we're in. Needs a lot of work on his all round play but I bet Martins more than any other player in the team is enjoying the new Keegan style of training and hopefully he's improving each week.

Good, we need to tie him down to a new contract without get out clauses.

Can be very annoying to watch sometimes, but at times you just have to step back and wonder how he can get so much power behind his shots for such a little guy. Also our only striker who can truly run at defenders and cause them to back peddle.

Hopefully he'll be the main catalyst to help us dig ourselves out of this rut that we're in. Needs a lot of work on his all round play but I bet Martins more than any other player in the team is enjoying the new Keegan style of training and hopefully he's improving each week.

:thup:

Guest smnewport

Also, he's the only forward we have with any real pace. The one thing all defenders hate playing against is pace!!! I agree sometimes he runs into blind alleys, but the lad is greased fecking lightning when he is running at people! Get him to sign that new contract asap!!

Good comments mate. I am not trying to single him out for criticism and I am grateful for the goals he's scored (last season would have been even worse if not for him, Sib and Milner), I just don't think he is what we need over the coming seasons. Especially on improved wages.

Guest toonlass

Martins is the best striker we have at this club at the momment. Period!!

The bad news is you may just be right.

Why is that bad news. The lad scored 17 last season, and if played regularly could have had more this one.

Why is that bad news. The lad scored 17 last season, and if played regularly could have had more this one.

Paul Kitson scored 12 goals in about 30 games for us. Couldn't trap a ball, pass, or much else mind.

Guest toonlass

Paul Kitson scored 12 goals in about 30 games for us. Couldn't trap a ball, pass, or much else mind.

I would rather have Oba running around and making an effort than bloody Michael Owen looking like he would rather be at the Cheltenham Gold Cup. At least Oba makes an effort.

Oba, for all his faults, makes things happen. He is easily our most dangerous player and i can't wait to see him back in the team. On the contract, i'm happy to see him sign because i think he should be in our long term plans and i'd guess the numbers are either speculation or are exaggerated, i doubt it will be that much.

I would rather have Oba running around and making an effort than bloody Michael Owen looking like he would rather be at the Cheltenham Gold Cup. At least Oba makes an effort.

I've used the "he makes an effort" argument about players in the past, but after this season and Alan Smith, I just can't use it anymore.

he kept us up last season, I'm not so sure he can do it again.

For all his faults, I'd say the player that made the difference for us last season was Dyer. He added pace, energy and he could link the midfield with the striker - exactly what we lack at the moment.

People forget that over half of Oba's goals last season came against paper mache teams and cardboard cut-out defences.

In the Premier League where it really matterred it was, as Bobyule says, Dyer was the man who really made the difference.

People forget that over half of Oba's goals last season came against paper mache teams and cardboard cut-out defences.

In the Premier League where it really matterred it was, as Bobyule says, Dyer was the man who really made the difference.

I agree about Dyer and I said it when he used to get crucified here. But I think Martins pace was instrumental as well. Even if he only scores against the weaker teams in the run in, it could keep us up.

Not true tbh, he only scored 4 of his 17 against shit teams in Europe.

Guest Erich von Manstein

Fuck it then, we should ignore the fact he scored 19 goals last season for us because we played against 'paper-mache teams'.

Idiot

Fuck it then, we should ignore the fact he scored 19 goals last season for us because we played against 'paper-mache teams'.

Idiot

Like I said he scored 4 against shit European teams, the rest were against Premiership sides and AZ.