Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

I think we are in a good position to sign both Gomis and Bent tbh, it's just a case of negotiating the best deal. Also whether we actually want both or just one or the other (more likely just one IMO).

Gomis would replace Ba, I think Bent would be Cisse's replacement. Gouffran is Best's and we don't really need to replace Shola.

I agree. I think that's the thinking behind it.

Looking like the idea is Gomis and Bent upfront. Then a two man midfield, as it's likely Cabaye will leave, so Sissoko and Tiote most likely.

He'll be worth €10m and more if he comes and scores 15+ goals next season. People have been blinded by the ending contract/ROI on purchases stuff so much.

That's not how a buying club will look at it if he's got a year left. Otherwise we'd never have sold Enrique for £5m. OM will want more but they'll be bricking it that he stays and sees out his contract and they get nothing.

:lol: I am aware of this.

Sorry IP.

He'll be worth €10m and more if he comes and scores 15+ goals next season. People have been blinded by the ending contract/ROI on purchases stuff so much.

That's not how a buying club will look at it if he's got a year left. Otherwise we'd never have sold Enrique for £5m. OM will want more but they'll be bricking it that he stays and sees out his contract and they get nothing.

We sold Enrique because he wanted to leave. There's always a premium on strikers.

It's not the January before his deal  runs out you know! It's the summer.

They'd likely be asking around £15 million if he had more years on his contract.

Bony's just cost Swansea £12 million!!!

That's not how a buying club will look at it if he's got a year left. Otherwise we'd never have sold Enrique for £5m. OM will want more but they'll be bricking it that he stays and sees out his contract and they get no thing .

We sold Enrique because he wanted to leave. There's always a premium on strikers.

Certainly seems Gomis wants to leave considering he's refused every contract they've offered him.  The premium for strikers is the reason I wouldn't expect to pay less for Gomis than we sold Enrique for, because he's certainly not as good a player.  If he had time left on his contract or didn't want to go 10m Euros might be reasonable because of that premium, as it is 6-7m euros is the best they can expect IMO.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall during Kinnear's 'negotiations' in fact I imagine it goes like this

It is a dark smokey room, a table in the middle with a telephone, around it sit Mike Ashley, Joe Kinnear, Graham Carr and a plank they've got in to do what Mick Harford was going to do. Joe Kinnear dials a number:

"alright lyonez we want barty gnomes"

"ou is this?"

"don't you know who I am? I used to manage Real Madrid!"

*sound of phone being put down at other end*

"alright, don't panic lads, second go"

"bonjour frenchies i'm joe and I want to buy bambi gomez"

"and how much are you offering?"

"well my mate graham ere reckons he's only worth 3 million uros"

"oo is this Graham?"

"you may know his son he's on the tele! he's a poofter!"

"what is un "poofter"

"Are you calling me a poofter?"

*Joe Kinnear slams the phone down*

End of negotiation.

:lol:

Bafétimbi Gomis ‏@BafGomis 55m

Good evening , félicitations à la famille royale Anglaise qui a eu le bonheur d'acceuillir un nouveau né. Congratulation...

Royalist.

http://www.abload.de/img/a32cku.gif

FWIW that fee matches what Swansea and Cardiff were linked with when they were interested last month.

He rejected both moves along with a slew of other clubs before that. He knows he gets no love from the club president and is determined to leave on his own terms. Lyon doesn't seem to be in a financially-strong position either. They have been needing to sell every summer to raise money since their golden era ended 5 years back. I can't see them having Gomis run his contract down so eventually they will have to accept a reduced fee.

Key to the transfer is to brainwash Gomis to want to come to us only.

He also out-scored Andy Carroll in the Championship. Oh well.

Danny Graham's outscored Andy Carroll in the Premier League since he left us. Oh well.

Carroll was playing for the champions. Hooper was playing for a team which finished 20th. Hooper played 39 games (20 goals), Carroll played 42 games (19 goals).

At least make it a true comparison.

He also out-scored Andy Carroll in the Championship. Oh well.

Danny Graham's outscored Andy Carroll in the Premier League since he left us. Oh well.

Carroll was playing for the champions. Hooper was playing for a team which finished 20th. Hooper played 39 games (20 goals), Carroll played 42 games (19 goals).

At least make it a true comparison.

It's fair to say that Andy Carroll struggled with professional football for a while.  He really only kicked on after the brace against West Brom in the cup.  Without researching it i'd hazard a guess that in the second half of the season Carroll scored quite a few more than Hooper.

Guest Phil K

So still nothing from Kinnear Centre.

No surprise then.

You know whats going to happen, don't you - no-one in, he's already got the papers saying "Just WHATS his job ? Because he's NOT doing it" so his incompetence is being shown (as we expected), and he'll sign 2 or 3 days before the season starts, ignoring Carr

Guest reefatoon

Kinnear is far too busy at the moment, trying to sort out his holiday snaps into a lovely powerpoint presentation for his mates big Mick, Big Mike and the rest of his drinking buddies.  He doesn't have time for transfers just yet.