Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

I know it's only Wikipedia but that states St Etienne are only after £3.3m for Gomis, so why are we supposedly offering almost 4 times that?

Oh and more quality journalism from Oliver - how can a 22 year old be a France u-17 international?

Part 1: You know the answer so why ask the question.

Part 2: Because he did play for France U 17 team.

Part 1: I know, just think it looks strange.

Part 2: Just saying "former France U-17 international" would have looked better, I know he did play for the French U-17s.

Part 1: Its wikipedia.

Part 2: Its Anal Oliver.

Part 1: No shit

Part 2: No shit

I apologise for noting the aforementioned.

Part 1: Then why ask?

Part 2: Then why ask?

Part 1: Rhetorical, plus I thought there might have been a legit source behind it.

Part 2: Rhetorical

Well at the very least its good to see that our new set up of Wise/Jimenez/Vetere are doing something productive, and we are no longer sitting around asking the questions we used to ask like "i wonder if freddy shepherd has heard of Samir Nasri"

To be fair to Oliver, he may have written "Former French-U17 Intrernational" and then have a key factual word removed by the editor.

Doubt Oliver knows much about these players when he considers Gomis more newsworthy than Nasri mind...

Guest diddimz

if you can sign a contract that says effective from a certain date, can you sign one that states effective as soon out of contract, and then could you offer the club enough to release the player, so that he is then out of contract, and as his new contract would then apply he could join a club outside the transfer window, not actually transferring technically though, as he was released by his former club instead of transferring. Is that legal? or am i just insane

• 2 weeks later...

if you can sign a contract that says effective from a certain date, can you sign one that states effective as soon out of contract, and then could you offer the club enough to release the player, so that he is then out of contract, and as his new contract would then apply he could join a club outside the transfer window, not actually transferring technically though, as he was released by his former club instead of transferring. Is that legal? or am i just insane

I think thats along the lines of what happenend when we got Ambrose.  Although we didn't actually request Ipswich to release him I think the FA did.

Guest float one in

Probably just rubbish speculation that will come to nothing, but form the sounds of it this geezer could be promosing. If he has done well at St Etienne it shows he's not phased by playing in front of a big demanding crowd, cos they're totally crackers over there.

• 1 month later...
Guest pont-toon

Hopefully he will sign and he as good as Drogba :D

he certainly youtubes well !

but then again, so did luque

Guest Coubury

Seen a few vids of him on youtube there, doesn't look that bad

but ill not be getting my hopes up as we all remember how well that turned out last time fs

Guest pont-toon

Seen a few vids of him on youtube there, doesn't look that bad

but ill not be getting my hopes up as we all remember how well that turned out last time fs

aye some canny vids but could turn out to be the new shola never mind the new drogba!

Guest Guinness

I can't say I've seen him play, but from what I've heard of him he's a good player. The fee being mooted is a little high though for someone who's yet to really establish themself on the world scene.

if we sign nasri .... it would slapping spuds face with the arse... :lol: we can afford for modric 18 m why not add few million pound for nasri...

we linked with him? or you just randomly saying that? (i aint heard anything if we are linked)

Guest GAMMELL

if we sign nasri .... it would slapping spuds face with the arse... :lol: we can afford for modric 18 m why not add few million pound for nasri...

Samir Nasri would tell us to f*ck off man.  :razz: