Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

Could be hoping he'll get a chance to make an impact in the Euros. What's the French pecking order like? I assume Anelka and Benzema would be ahead of him anyway. Who else?

Most likely they just don't want to sell him to a rival so they're looking to wait until an English club comes in with an offer.

There's little chance of him making the final squad for the Euro's. He'll be cut.

Could be hoping he'll get a chance to make an impact in the Euros. What's the French pecking order like? I assume Anelka and Benzema would be ahead of him anyway. Who else?

Most likely they just don't want to sell him to a rival so they're looking to wait until an English club comes in with an offer.

I don't think he'll get picked for the Euro's tbh, I think he'll be one of those that drop out.

Terry Henry

Knew I was missing someone. :lol:

Well, good news for us then if he's not likely going. Make any potential signing a bit easier if we really do want him.

Watched the French league highlights on Setanta last night and he scored a couple of crackers and set up another. Looks very, very promising. Only stumbling block could be the fact that St. Etienne have qualified for the UEFA Cup so he might fancy another season at least.

French football pundit on Setanta Sports News at the moment talking about the French League, says that St-Etienne have agreed a deal to keep him this season, but he'll be in England next year. Reckons that a pre-contract agreement with somebody has been agreed. Personally, can't see that being us considering we desperately need someone come August. Arsenal perhaps?

French football pundit on Setanta Sports News at the moment talking about the French League, says that St-Etienne have agreed a deal to keep him this season, but he'll be in England next year. Reckons that a pre-contract agreement with somebody has been agreed. Personally, can't see that being us considering we desperately need someone come August. Arsenal perhaps?

Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest!!!!

Don't know why, but that sounds like a Spurs kind of deal. Most likely to be Arsenal though.

Probably Arsenal then. Spurs would like to have the replacement immediately as Berbatov must leave this summer, or the sales value will drop a lot.

If stories are to believed, Berb is staying for one more year.

Guest MaetihS

hate to pour cold water... as my wife is french and a mad PSG fan to boot, the feeling in France is that we are too small a club for him and no point moving to us and better off staying put. btw, St etienne is somewhat like us. Mad fans, mid-table club who always threaten to do well but more often than not find themselves in the bottom half. Great season this time though. Word is that the player prefers Arsenal or Spurs.

hate to pour cold water... as my wife is french and a mad PSG fan to boot, the feeling in France is that we are too small a club for him and no point moving to us and better off staying put. btw, St etienne is somewhat like us. Mad fans, mid-table club who always threaten to do well but more often than not find themselves in the bottom half. Great season this time though. Word is that the player prefers Arsenal or Spurs.

He's shit anyway, I've never seen him play. and i dont like his attitude and he isn't good..

He does know where Spurs finished this season?

Guest icemanblue

gomis too big for us? What a joke!

Low door frames at the training ground, I hear.

nah, bobby said we had the best door frames in the league

he meant goal posts. you know what he was like

It was a few years ago now though.

We may have bigger door frames than most clubs, but other clubs have better door handles these days. Its a catch up scenario for us again I'm afraid

Guest icemanblue

We may have bigger door frames than most clubs, but other clubs have better door handles these days. Its a catch up scenario for us again I'm afraid

True. I hear London clubs have great door handles, really a huge selling point.

Guest elpapi

True. I hear London clubs have great door handles, really a huge selling point.

I heard a rumour that the door handles at Newcastle were too high for Modric and that was the reason why he signed for Spurs!!!! Can anyone confirm this?

Old news, and he seems to be talking in response to questions about selling Gomis to Marseille rather then selling him full stop.  I'm sure if we offered enough they'd sell, they aren't really in a position to turn down massive sums of money.

Old news, and he seems to be talking in response to questions about selling Gomis to Marseille rather then selling him full stop.  I'm sure if we offered enough they'd sell, they aren't really in a position to turn down massive sums of money.

St-Etienne don't need to sell anyone. Feindouno's another one in the same position. They've already signed a few players, and with UEFA Cup football next season, I reckon they could push for a Champions League spot next season.

St-Etienne don't need to sell anyone. Feindouno's another one in the same position. They've already signed a few players, and with UEFA Cup football next season, I reckon they could push for a Champions League spot next season.

I know they don't need to sell anyone, what I meant is they aren't a very wealthy club and a big enough offer will be very hard to turn down.

Guest MaetihS

He's s*** anyway, I've never seen him play. and i dont like his attitude and he isn't good..

He is a very promising player and could jolly well be the next Drogba. Sad to say, our reputation is not that fantastic anymore and any French fan will think it is a step down for him if he comes to Newcastle. Yes, he prefers Spurs obviously due to a more famous coach, in Europe, London factor and more importantly, Spurs is actually considered a bigger club with more potential than us in France.