Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

No doubt we'll be linked with Saivet a canny bit if he hasn't renewed by January.

Mame Biram Diouf would be a decent shout, he's got a 1 in 2 goal ratio in Germany although I'm not sure that we're aware of players outside of France.

not sure if been mentioned but this was talked about on BT Sport last night prior to the Genoa / Sampdoria game, the french pundit on the programme stated that this was a definite go'er all signed sealed and delivered apart from his agents who wouldn't drop their cut.

We've been watching him for ages, we're 95% of the way to getting him, and we do have previous of going back in the January if we've just missed out on someone with Debuchy and Maiga (failed medical). Can't see us passing this one up.

Gomis has said he isn't leaving until the summer now.

We've been watching him for ages, we're 95% of the way to getting him, and we do have previous of going back in the January if we've just missed out on someone with Debuchy and Maiga (failed medical). Can't see us passing this one up.

Gomis has said he isn't leaving until the summer now.

and why would he with the £££ on offer for him and his agents with a free transfer

• 2 months later...

Sorry, probably not worthy of a bump, but Aulas has confirmed that Lyon have received several offers for Gomis recently. I can see this dragging on for a while if we are in for him. We will probably offer peanuts while other clubs like West Ham will offer stupid money despite him being out of contract soon. I can imagine that he'd want to play for us. He'd be all but guaranteed a first team place over here as well.

He will change his mind in a few weeks, Aulas talks utter bollocks no doubt he will go but it will be a huge circus until its done.

The Hammers are sniffing around and will no doubt offer him more money than we do.

Any Frenchman worth his garlic on the verge of the French squad for the WC would see Newcastle as a great option for January. All the eyes of France are on us.

Very good point that, not sure Hatem would agree mind.

He will change his mind in a few weeks, Aulas talks utter bollocks no doubt he will go but it will be a huge circus until its done.

The Hammers are sniffing around and will no doubt offer him more money than we do.

The Hammers are desperate for a striker and Fat Sam is always looking to pick the crumbs off our table (Mobido Maiga :lol:) but if he goes there for the money they are welcome to him.

If we sign him it makes you wonder if we're actually bothered about the 'not enough English players' thing, save for a few empty comments. Not that I'm overly arsed about the issue.

Perceived value will always trump any other guff they come out with. It's Ashley's raison d'être.

Might start becoming a problem when don't have enough homegrowns in the squad but there'll be a way round that.

If we sign him it makes you wonder if we're actually bothered about the 'not enough English players' thing, save for a few empty comments. Not that I'm overly arsed about the issue.

Over priced less ability English players, FA cry on that our national team suffers due to all the foreign signings but when any club with a talented young English kid want stupid money maybe the FA should look at that as a issue.

Or the big money clubs who buy them then don't use them.

Perceived value will always trump any other guff they come out with. It's Ashley's raison d'être.

Exactly. I'm not sure why I put 'it makes you wonder'.

I can't really blame them, tbh. If anything, I wish our European scouting network was more varied.

Might start becoming a problem when don't have enough homegrowns in the squad but there'll be a way round that.

Tit.  :laugh:

Aulas has Kinnear levels of delusion. Gomis has shown he is darn selective about his next club and with his contract ending in the summer, the ball is firmly in the player's court. Unless he is keen on West Ham and they pay up the 7m Aulas wants of course.

If our interest in Gomis is still there, I can see us employing the same trick of signing a pre-contract then offering a low sum for a January transfer as we did for Gouffran and Sissoko.

But yeah, Aulas is a madman and I wouldn't be surprised if he pushes any boundaries to the limits.

Tit.  :laugh:

Thought it relevant what with Gomis being French & the topic of Yorkie's post. :pow: