Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

Was just going to say, would be happy with Noone!

Regarding Gomis, I think we have got into a convenient cycle of finding a player we like, tracking him, bidding laughable money for him, waiting for the next window and then umming and erring because by this stage there is a new younger or alternative option we might be able to get.. repeat process.

Regarding Gomis, I think we have got into a convenient cycle of finding a player we like, tracking him, bidding laughable money for him, waiting for the next window and then umming and erring because by this stage there is a new younger or alternative option we might be able to get.. repeat process.

Is there a reasonable number that fit into this cycle you've hit upon?

Erik Pieters is about the only one I can recollect, and so far I'm not unhappy in the slightest we ummed and erred over him.

NUFC supposedly had a bid of around £8m accepted for Gomis last Summer. It fell through due to agent demands/player demands/the clubs changing the price. Whatever happened, £8m was far too much for Gomis considering he only had 1 year left on his contract. I'd be happy to get Gomis now or signed up now to arrive in the Summer. He may be 28 years old but he actually scores goals which is more than de Jong has done for a while. As a replacement for Shola I'd think he'd be right up Ashley's street when it came to cost. He'd have to pay signing on fees and the like but that must be cheaper than paying a transfer fee.

Jean Michel Aulas of Lyon has said Baf Gomis has turned down Stoke City and Besiktas so far this month. Everton have now put in a bid of £3m

Jean Michel Aulas of Lyon has said Baf Gomis has turned down Stoke City and Besiktas so far this month. Everton have now put in a bid of £3m

Well if anything should happen to Lukaku it's always handy to have a spare.

Well if anything should happen to Lukaku it's always handy to have a spare.

It has, Lukaku is ferked for 4-6 weeks evidently.

Everton boss Roberto Martinez is unlikely to bring in a striker before the transfer deadline with Romelu Lukaku and Lacina Traore not far away from full fitness.

Lukaku went over on his ankle during the first half of Tuesday's disaster at Anfield after colliding with Gareth Barry and had to be stretchered off.

There were initial fears he had suffered ligament damage, possibly ruling him out for several months. That sparked rumours Martinez could make a late bid for a striker, with Marseille's Saber Khalifa and Lyon's Bafetimbi Gomis named as potential targets

Khalifa, a Turkey international, is reportedly available for loan while Gomis may be allowed to leave Lyon for a cut-price £3million as he only has six months remaining on his contract.

However, Everton were boosted yesterday by the news that Lukaku's injury was not as bad as first feared and could be back playing within a month.

Almost like this was the plan all along...

@F8Piraux 3m

Marseille are now favorite to sign #OL striker Bafétimbi Gomis next summer after he has confirmed he is in discussions to join #OM for free.

...meh