Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

Don't see any reason to believe he prefers Marseilles, except pessimism. Not that I know more than anyone else obviously.

I thought there were reports from France that his preferred choice was Marseilles but they had asked him to be patient and wait until his contract had run down and then they would be able to bring him in at a lower fee and meet his demands. He's stayed at Lyon so that makes me more pessimistic definitely.

Totally missed that if it was the case.

Yet Jean Michel-Aulas, president of Lyon, complained to French football authorities last month that his Marseille counterpart Vincent Labrune had continued to approach Gomis and ended any hope of a fresh deal.

Aulas had said last month: "We saw Vincent on August 2 and I asked him to stop his manoeuvres.

"But Marseille continued, and it was only after I verified that they didn’t want to invest the sum that was demanded that I asked for an explanation from the league’s Commission for Legal Affairs."

Labrune had hit back at the claims by saying: "As I said to Jean-Michel Aulas, I’m not going to shoot myself in the head because players are interested in the sporting challenge at Marseille.

"Our strategy is good."

Ronnie Gill today - http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/lyon-drop-complaint-over-marseilles-5909623?

That ties in with the (sane) Kinnear interview where he said the problem with the Gomis deal was that other clubs were in there as well, it's not hard to figure that Marseilles were the main competition.

If we wouldn't pay his wages 2 weeks ago i doubt we'll do it in January.

Hmm... if it is true that he will be 8 million euros less then we may up the wages we offered previously. Although I doubt it. Depends what other teams are offering.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/more-murky-claims-on-gomis-to-newcastle

The president of Lyon Jean-Michel Aulas has told the French media that Newcastle United’s attempts to bring Bafétimbi Gomis to England broke down because of the player’s agent. There have been reports in France that the transfer never happened due to a disagreement over the salary Newcastle had offered the French international which is something Aulas has denied

Le10 Sport have reported on Aulas' claims that the transfer fee and the salary had been agreed with Newcastle. He revealed discussions had progressed well with the Premier League club but all of sudden the deal was pulled by the club because of issues with player’s agent.

In the end he said Gomis had to return to the French club and start the season with Lyon. Aulas believes if there wasn’t any interference from the forward’s agent then he would now be a Newcastle United player. He said that any president would have done the same thing if they were in his position and pull out of the deal.

"There was no problem with wages and no problem on the transfer fee with Newcastle .There was other problems why Bafé could not leave. It wasn’t a problem with Newcastle but there was a final discussion with the agents and this is why Bafe failed to leave. Obviously he had to return. All club presidents would have done the same thing. I think if there had been no interference by a number of people in this case, Bafé would have gone,” said Aulas on the situation.

Aulas version of events take III. (Canal Plus tonight)

http://www.20minutes.fr/sport/1223211-20130915-transfert-avorte-gomis-aulas-denonce-role-agents

In the latest episode between Pierre Menes & Jean-Michel Aulas regarding Bafetimbi Gomis, the Lyon president has found a new target: the players' agents. The Lyon president, invited to a live debate with the Canal+ columnist, he explained why the striker did not leave for Newcastle during the transfer window. "Gomis' departure to Newcastle did not fall through because of transfer amount or his salary. The 5% payment to St-Etienne, his former club, was also agreed. The only thing which blocked it was the relationship with his agents."

Really f***ing bored of this one, f*** him f*** his agents and f*** Aulas there's bound to be as good a striker somewhere we can get without dealing with all this bullshit.

unfortuntaely that is the way the game is going (gone), talk to anyone in the game about todays transfers and it's a fairly common story.

Really f***ing bored of this one, f*** him f*** his agents and f*** Aulas there's bound to be as good a striker somewhere we can get without dealing with all this bullshit.

unfortuntaely that is the way the game is going (gone), talk to anyone in the game about todays transfers and it's a fairly common story.

yes but there seems an exceptional amount of bullshit around this one which I place solely at the door of Mr. Aulas who seems grade a bullshitter in chief.

I think he'd come here if he gets what's owed to him, otherwise he'll sit tight on his contract and walk away for free next year to whichever club he likes. And why wouldn't he? It will only be Lyon and that massive prick Aulas who will be the losers. Maybe we'll lose out as well but I think we've given them a fantastic offer and Lyon are just taking the p*ss.

His Agent quoted his fees at 2 million to another PL club and that's the problem.

This isn't a new development. These Agents have far too much control of player movements and it looks like we are one an increasing number of clubs refusing to pay their ever increasing fees. Sadly, as Gomis' contract runs down his Agent will simply rub his hands and believe this will increase the amount he can charge for his Client's services.