Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

As someone who works on transactions for a living, our entire acquisition process interests me greatly...mainly b/c it seems like the worst and abrasive way to do deals

Absolute joke as usual these negotiations.  We only ever get things done if there's a clause in a contract, coming to end of contract or if either club is near relegation.

That's the thing he is :lol:

which is what makes this rejection strange, he seems set on moving here and he's apparently rejected other moves and in less than 6 months he's perfectly entitled to sign a pre-contract which means they lose him either for nothing or next to nothing if its a move like Gouffran for example and this is all while Lyon actually do need cash and want to get rid of him  :idiot2:

Really do despise our recruitment policy, like.

Yep. I'll stand up and say I did like it before - but this summer has well and proved how poor it is. Its terrible, and I'd even imagine Graham Carr would love to go scout elsewhere but you know that once he made the right moves and we strong-armed France for a bit, that he would be eternally stuck there as that's all Mike Ashley and whoever he has employed at "boardroom" level will care about - doing as least as possible with spending the least amount of cash.  Common sense points to the fact that he's clearly only allowed to look at a few countries, small age-range, particular contract issues, and nothing more or less. Its ridiculous.

We look so stupid with this constant brinkmanship crap.  It was a great laugh the first few times but not when you desperately need reinforcements to improve the squad and league position. Its this lack of ambition that is costing us, and wasting talent spotters/contact-men like Carr at this club.

Being held to ransom by a skint club that stand to lose him for nowt next season, lets see how long they hold out.

Sounds like we're holding them to ransom more than the other way around tbh, what with us apparently having near enough agreed terms with him personally and trying to force a move at less than what they, and other suitors, value the player at.

http://www.mercato365.com/infos-clubs/lyon/les-dessous-du-dossier-bafe-gomis-1046401.shtml

Newcastle has recently submitted a new offer of € 10 million, including bonuses, for Bafé Gomis (27), the front-center of Lyon, author of sixteen goals this season in the league. But while the French international has already agreed with the Magpies, who offered him 430,000 euros per month, the club's president Jean-Michel Aulas has not responded. The two sides are not far from an agreement, but the seven-time champions France are inflexible and require at least one million additional euros.

http://www.mercato365.com/infos-clubs/lyon/les-dessous-du-dossier-bafe-gomis-1046401.shtml

Newcastle has recently submitted a new offer of € 10 million, including bonuses, for Bafé Gomis (27), the front-center of Lyon, author of sixteen goals this season in the league. But while the French international has already agreed with the Magpies, who offered him 430,000 euros per month, the club's president Jean-Michel Aulas has not responded. The two sides are not far from an agreement, but the seven-time champions France are inflexible and require at least one million additional euros.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We buying three of him like?

I bet that if our entire recruitment team/scouting network or whatever you want to call it was laid bare for us all to see that we would find that it is even more third rate and amateur than we all suspect it to be.

Guest neesy111

Really do despise our recruitment policy, like.

It's fucking shite and will get us relegated again at some point.

I bet that if our entire recruitment team/scouting network or whatever you want to call it was laid bare for us all to see that we would find that it is even more third rate and amateur than we all suspect it to be.

Our scouting "network" consists of one man :lol: which says all you need to know.