Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

If Lyon have accepted bigger bids than ours earlier this summer then fair play to them for insisting we meet the same. We seem to think the same rules don't apply to us.

We need to publicly state we will be back on January 1st to offer him a great free contract, just don't strain yourself on the pitch till then Gomis, minimum effort required.

If Lyon have accepted bigger bids than ours earlier this summer then fair play to them for insisting we meet the same. We seem to think the same rules don't apply to us.

Or we value a player less than others have bid?

Be interesting to see who folds first, I think there is a good chance it will be Gomis.

We wan't him to hold out and hope OL say ok fk it and accept our offer, but if there are bids already accepted then I can see Gomis just going to one of them rather than hope OL back down.

Yes, if they are willing to hold out for the full price and are prepared to lose him for free next year then fair play to them. But I still expect them to come back and accept a compromise fee before the window closes.

Or we value a player less than others have bid?

That much is clear. Why would other clubs have to agree with our player valuations though? Talk of cutting off your nose to spite your face... :facepalm:

OL want £8.6m

We offer £6.9m

I wonder if they have any intention at all of meeting us half way or if they are just gong to be ridged as fk over the fee.

If we up our offer to £8m and they reject it then fair enough we should walk away, they are taking the p*ss but right now we are well short and they were never going to drop that low.

Why would they be taking the p*ss. Three clubs have reportedly offered what they want in the past few weeks...

They seem to be refusing to negotiate as they are well aware of our situation and if three clubs have offered the £8.6m why are we even bothering ?

Surely Gomis woud be in talks with the other clubs.

He rejected them, which is part of the reason why their president is unhappy with him.

If it would be us, and we had received 3 20 million offers for say Cabaye, would you be happy for us to accept an offer of 15 million from Man U because that's where he wants to go himself? I know I wouldn't!

If he had one year left on his contract I think we'd have to grin and bear that.

They have a CL qualifier soon so may not need to sell if they qualify for the group stages. If they lose though they may well be forced to accept the lower bid for Gomis.

OL want £8.6m

We offer £6.9m

I wonder if they have any intention at all of meeting us half way or if they are just gong to be ridged as fk over the fee.

If we up our offer to £8m and they reject it then fair enough we should walk away, they are taking the p*ss but right now we are well short and they were never going to drop that low.

Why would they be taking the p*ss. Three clubs have reportedly offered what they want in the past few weeks...

They seem to be refusing to negotiate as they are well aware of our situation and if three clubs have offered the £8.6m why are we even bothering ?

He rejected them, which is part of the reason why their president is unhappy with him.

If it would be us, and we had received 3 20 million offers for say Cabaye, would you be happy for us to accept an offer of 15 million from Man U because that's where he wants to go himself? I know I wouldn't!

If he had one year left on his contract I think we'd have to grin and bear that.

Why? I think Ashley would be just as stubborn as this OL chairman, and let the player run down his contract while rotting in the reserves to prove a point..

OL want £8.6m

We offer £6.9m

Why? I think Ashley would be just as stubborn as this OL chairman, and let the player run down his contract while rotting in the reserves to prove a point..

He didn't do that with Enrique.

OL want £8.6m

We offer £6.9m

Ashley pay players to do nothing? That doesn't sound right. He'd cash in like he did with the derisory fee we got for Enrique.

Yes, if they are willing to hold out for the full price and are prepared to lose him for free next year then fair play to them. But I still expect them to come back and accept a compromise fee before the window closes.

Same. If they can sell him for the full price, to somewhere he wants to go, then fair enough. If not then they should/will probably do a deal.

Has anyone bid above 8 million euros for Gomis?  The French football guy (David Crossan) on twitter said that it is hard to see any club going above our bid.

Yeah a few but he turned those clubs down.

Has anyone bid above 8 million euros for Gomis?  The French football guy (David Crossan) on twitter said that it is hard to see any club going above our bid.

OL president confirmed 3 clubs had offered their valuation a couple of weeks ago, thought to include Swansea and Cardiff.