Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

OL want £8.6m

We offer £6.9m

I wonder if they have any intention at all of meeting us half way or if they are just gong to be ridged as fk over the fee.

If we up our offer to £8m and they reject it then fair enough we should walk away, they are taking the piss but right now we are well short and they were never going to drop that low.

OL want £8.6m

We offer £6.9m

I wonder if they have any intention at all of meeting us half way or if they are just gong to be ridged as fk over the fee.

If we up our offer to £8m and they reject it then fair enough we should walk away, they are taking the p*ss but right now we are well short and they were never going to drop that low.

Why would they be taking the piss. Three clubs have reportedly offered what they want in the past few weeks...

It's apparently 10 million Euros with add-ons rising to 12 million Euros.

Lyon are definitely being cheeky, but the guy's real value is significantly higher than that. It's the start of August just pay the money at this point, and get the man in early so he can be settled before the season starts. Make his life easier, and our lives easier.

Let's not forget that Swansea have already met the asking price this summer, as well as Rubin, which is probably why Lyon are not happy for us to pay less.

The whole thing is just so disappointing, honestly.

OL want £8.6m

We offer £6.9m

If we up our offer to £8m and they reject it then fair enough we should walk away, they are taking the p*ss but right now we are well short and they were never going to drop that low.

Why would they be taking the piss. Three clubs have reportedly offered what they want in the past few weeks...

They seem to be refusing to negotiate as they are well aware of our situation and if three clubs have offered the £8.6m why are we even bothering ?

Surely Gomis woud be in talks with the other clubs.

Lyon are definitely being cheeky, but the guy's real value is significantly higher than that. It's the start of August just pay the money at this point, and get the man in early so he can be settled before the season starts. Make his life easier, and our lives easier.

Let's not forget that Swansea have already met the asking price this summer, as well as Rubin, which is probably why Lyon are not happy for us to pay less.

Exactly, he is worth more than the asking price as a player, forget the contract and pay the fee, he is worth double to us.

Where did you get all this add on stuff from.

I'm in two minds over this, part of me thinks pay the extra that Lyon want as it could be the difference between a few league positions and the extra money is them sorted, however, if we do go higher other clubs think they can push for what they want. It's a fine line. Hopefully (lol) we have another target lined up and we can call Lyon's bluff then.

But, I am preparing myself for starting the season as Shola being our number 2 striker (oh joy).

Didnt people use to cream about Carr and our scouting system?

They way things are going it would make us believe there is only one striker available on the entire earth.

There are lots of strikers but a lot are out of our budget and the ones that are left we are competing for with other clubs, assuming they are for sale in the first place. Yes we could go out and buy a striker tomorrow, but I assume you would want one of a certain quality.

OL want £8.6m

We offer £6.9m

Why would they be taking the p*ss. Three clubs have reportedly offered what they want in the past few weeks...

They seem to be refusing to negotiate as they are well aware of our situation and if three clubs have offered the £8.6m why are we even bothering ?

Surely Gomis woud be in talks with the other clubs.

He rejected them, which is part of the reason why their president is unhappy with him.

If it would be us, and we had received 3 20 million offers for say Cabaye, would you be happy for us to accept an offer of 15 million from Man U because that's where he wants to go himself? I know I wouldn't!

Guest Bert Shaft

CAN EVERYONE PLEASE STOP f***ing SAYING "OVER THE LINE FFS"? :lol:

OK...

http://images.sdentertainer.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/MG_6308-300x199.jpg

The issue for me is the lack of alternative options we always seem to have.

If our policy is to be so strict on value for money, then we should make sure we have a wider range of options, so that we can work on a number of these at any on time, to ensure we have a chance of getting one of them in.

Unfortunately, it's more likely that we'll just hang around hoping that they come back to us on Gomis, which is just unacceptable really.

We've all seen this movie before, and it still sucks.

I would say Remy is an alternative option. Whether we get him here by the start of the season is another issue, but it would definitely give us a decent front two until January.

Think the plan was to get both, so not sure Remy is an alternative per say.

The issue for me is the lack of alternative options we always seem to have.

If our policy is to be so strict on value for money, then we should make sure we have a wider range of options, so that we can work on a number of these at any on time, to ensure we have a chance of getting one of them in.

Unfortunately, it's more likely that we'll just hang around hoping that they come back to us on Gomis, which is just unacceptable really.

We've all seen this movie before, and it still sucks.

I would say Remy is an alternative option. Whether we get him here by the start of the season is another issue, but it would definitely give us a decent front two until January.

Think the plan was to get both, so not sure Remy is an alternative per say.

I'm not sure the plan was ever to buy both, but if it is then I imagine we'd be prepared to call Lyon's bluff and go back for Gomis in January.

They way things are going it would make us believe there is only one striker available on the entire earth.

There are lots of strikers but a lot are out of our budget and the ones that are left we are competing for with other clubs, assuming they are for sale in the first place. Yes we could go out and buy a striker tomorrow, but I assume you would want one of a certain quality.

Exactly. We're just not willing to pay the going rate, yet we happily slap ridiculous asking prices on any of our own players. A club calls our bluf, and we're all up in arms saying we are offering a decent enough amount and they are cunts for not playing ball.. :lol:

Guest Phil K

Exactly. We're just not willing to pay the going rate, yet we happily slap ridiculous asking prices on any of our own players. A club calls our bluf, and we're all up in arms saying we are offering a decent enough amount and they are c***s for not playing ball.. :lol:

Makes a pleasant change from being the mugs we've been in the past. Michael Owen & Shay Given springs to mind, Given wasn't the steal Man City may have thought in the end though.

whilst I do think we've offered enough for him, at the end of the day he;s worth what Lyon say he's worth, simple as that. The most galling part is we have left everything so late as usual, We are desperate for two strikers and a winger and we have bought nobody.

No, he's worth what they can sell him for.

If they can find someone to buy him for the full price then good luck to them, if not they will have to keep him or compromise.

Wonder how willing they are to keep him for another season then lose him on a free?

He wants to come here, well to the EPL so if say Fulham offered the £8.6m for him I'm sure we would not get a second thought.

We play hardball for to long we will lose out on him in the end.