Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

We're just posturing tbh.

Perish the thought we'd be doing something constructive to actively strengthen the squad. Let's just posture and play the game out.

Not a pop at you btw.

Perish the thought we'd be doing something constructive to actively strengthen the squad. Let's just posture and play the game out.

Not a pop at you btw.

reported

Not a pop at you btw.

As Dave pointed out earlier, when his investment is in peril we are able to pull of five signings inside a week. Yet, despite all the bravado in early summer, here we are again on the eve of the start of our Premiership campaign with not a first team signing in sight trying to be clever to get the best possible deal financially. At best it is incompetence, at worst it is gross negligence. My fear is it's the latter.

As I see it, it's a win win situation: We get Gomis & begin to feel more optimistic about the impending season or we don't & find solace in feeling vindicated abut despising JFK / Ashley.

Yes, it's wrong, but somehow, in my nappa, it's right

Just read the tweet. I believe he's saying we've asked Gomis to lower his wages and that's the stumbling block, not the fee. That would make sense considering the tweet it was in response to.

It's possible that's what he means, although I've never heard the phrase "faire un effort" used for lowering demands or something similar. Even then, what is 3k on 70k?

Guest bimpy474

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 29s

#Lyon started the day citing the fee was an issue and #nufc dropped out and end it by saying it is Gomis' wage demands. Make your mind up.

Btw, what good manager would work under the utter shambles we have at the moment as well.

I hate Pardew, but he's the best of a shocking list of managers we could have at the moment.

Agree 100%. No real manager will come near this lot.

Just read the tweet. I believe he's saying we've asked Gomis to lower his wages and that's the stumbling block, not the fee. That would make sense considering the tweet it was in response to.

It's possible that's what he means, although I've never heard the phrase "faire un effort" used for lowering demands or something similar. Even then, what is 3k on 70k?

I took it as to take a cut of 3k a week. You're right though, it's difficult to work out his angle. I think it's safe to say, judging by what he was responding to, that he was suggesting Gomis was the issue, not Lyon.