Today's other games

Guest kingdawson

How is a 5 point gap 6 points with a huge GD? Surely its 7 points if the gap is 6 points ???

:lol:

Yer what?

Well say Man Utd are 6 points clear, but with their superior goal difference that 6 points if effectively 7 because if they lose 2 and Chelsea win 2 then Man Utd should still be ahead of them on goal difference.

Hansen seems to think the same applies now, when Man Utd are 5 points clear, that 5 points is basically 6 points because of their goal difference, which makes no sense.

It does doesnt it or is it me ?

The goal difference effectively just gives you an extra point regardless of how many you are on

Arsenal have really suffered from losing Eduardo. Adebayor's gone off the boil really badly since he cut his hair and I hope Van Persie's at about 20% fitness because he's looked fucking shit.

That is an odd coincidence that Adebayor has gone right off the boil since he had his hair cut  :kasper:

I cant help thinking he looks like that Makosi bird off Big Brother a couple of years ago these days.

Man City and Villa peaked too soon, I'm worried Everton may have as well. Much rather any of those 3 finished above Liverpool and got into the Champions League.

Injuries/small squad are hitting us quite hard at the moment. I reckon at least 3 of the players yesterday weren't  properly fit.

Just in time for the derby too :dave:

Same with us. Small squad, doesnt take too many injuries or suspensions to bite hard.

I think us, Man City and (to a lesser extent) you were kidding ourselves with talk of displacing Liverpool.

The gap with the top four is as big as it ever was, even in this, a season where Liverpool are about as mediocre as it gets. I'd put everything I own on them finishing fourth.

Arsenal have really suffered from losing Eduardo. Adebayor's gone off the boil really badly since he cut his hair and I hope Van Persie's at about 20% fitness because he's looked fucking shit.

That is an odd coincidence that Adebayor has gone right off the boil since he had his hair cut  :kasper:

I cant help thinking he looks like that Makosi bird off Big Brother a couple of years ago these days.

:lol:

All that I can say after watching the Arse / Fake Team match this afternoon is that  when we play the Fake Russian funded twats we do no under any circumstances kick the ball out of play if one of thier players rolls around a bit.  They just proved themselves to be cunts of the highest order today.

Getting booked for taking your shirt off after scoring, now that is a load of bollocks. The rule, I mean.

Surely its a sending off? Ran to the crowd aswell which is meant to be another ridiculous booking IIRC

Running into the crowd is a booking and rightly so imo.

Bellend.

Getting booked for taking your shirt off after scoring, now that is a load of bollocks. The rule, I mean.

Surely its a sending off? Ran to the crowd aswell which is meant to be another ridiculous booking IIRC

Bellend.

Aye, allowing a player to rush into the crowd so they surge forward to greet that player is brilliant for safety  :clap: :doh:

Hope Chelsea win the title. I doubt they will but I really don't want Man Utd to win it.

Cant agree with that to be honest, as much as i hate Man U, Chelsea are a team i have no time for, the idea that they bought the title doesnt sit right with me and the way they screwed themselves and the premier league by getting rid of one of the best characters in the game really pisses me off. Also have plastic fans, and to be fair Man U play football the way it should be and have some amazing player, which i cant help but like watching.

Bellend.

Aye, allowing a player to rush into the crowd so they surge forward to greet that player is brilliant for safety  :clap: :doh:

I'd have been in the 'nowt wrong with it' camp until last year, when i went to our game at Fulham.

Carew scored in front of us, ran into the crowd, and in the crush a disabled lady got knocked over and trampled just to the left of us. Carried off on a stretcher by the St Johns Ambulance people, it certainly makes you think twice about that kind of thing.

Bellend.

I'd have been in the 'nowt wrong with it' camp until last year, when i went to our game at Fulham.

Carew scored in front of us, ran into the crowd, and in the crush a disabled lady got knocked over and trampled just to the left of us. Carried off on a stretcher by the St Johns Ambulance people, it certainly makes you think twice about that kind of thing.

Makes you think, doesn't it? Keep the cripples out of harm's way, that's what I always say.

Bellend.

Makes you think, doesn't it? Keep the cripples out of harm's way, that's what I always say.

There's no place for them in football. Like the women, they should be watching it on the telly at home. Or cooking. Or something.

Bellend.

There's no place for them in football. Like the women, they should be watching it on the telly at home. Or cooking. Or something.

In a kind of perverse way, I'm right. It would be like putting your haemophilliac child in front of the slide at the children's park, and complained that one of the nasty able-bodied children bumped into him while he was playing with the wood chippings.

Oh, sorry sir, you can't jump about like a loon at the front of your death-metal concert; like spacker Joey boy might get poked in his one good eye. Can't have you having any fun, can we?

The quote in my sig is from "A Mag For All Seasons" by Billy Furious. This is what he's got to say about celebrations:

"To this day some referees don't understand the difference between a player celebrating a goal in front of his own fans and a player taunting the opposition's fans. You still see them disrupting celebrations, blowing their silly little whistles and even booking players for "over-celebrating". If a player scores a goal and then waves his cock (his penis OR his pet rooster) at the other team's fans then, maybe, he should be booked. But if a player scores and celebrates in front of his own fans, he is entitled to walk along the crossbar juggling the half time oranges, build a human pyramid with his team mates and impregnate his girlfriend while we cheer him on. Ok? Ok. Already in the 92/93 season we had seen Lee Clark firmly chastised and threatened by the official for celebrating a goal by snatching a bobble hat off a youth's head, pulling it over his eyes and feigning comedy blindness. Years later we lost Tino Asprilla from a vital Champions League game because he got booked for putting his shirt on the corner flag and waving it above his head like a flag. This is the entertainment business darlings and the punters love it, so back the fuck off."

Spot on imo.

I've never read a forum where people watch as much football as you lot do on here.

Not talking about tonight in particular, but usually when I see a 'Todays Other Games' thread, I know there'll be someone there talking about the second half of Levante v Getafe or something.

Impressive. I sometimes wish I were single. It'd be a toss up whether I wanked myself to death, drank myself to death, or lost my sight through staring at televised football for 24 hours.