Liverpool Vs Newcastle Pre-Match thread.

Guest Deep456

My real worry is that we if we get hammered or well beaten at Liverpool, confidence will be at rock bottom for the Birmingham game. We have four crucial games to come which are Birmingham away, then Fulham, Reading and Sunderland at home, these are the games I'm worried about, not Liverpool.  I just hope that, irrespective of the result, (because we will probably lose) we can put in a decent performance against Liverpool which will give the lads something to build on for the crucial Birmingham game.

We will lose away to B'ham. That is now the real worry.

weve been so inconsistent this season which is my worry. we played relly well agaist blackburn, and if we play every game like that, well stay up no probs. however, whats to say we will play like that? the arsenal draw was very good, then we played birmingham which was quite good, then fulham which was dire (but we won!) if we play well again we may get a point but im worried about how many good performances there will be.

Its a shame Barton isn't around, we could have done with him to kick the shit out of them, none of them would want to play and risk an injury.

He's too slow to get anywhere near them unfortunately.

I thought we played well for most of the Blackburn game, apart some questionable defending and a glaring lack of finishing, but hopefully we can keep building on that performance.  Not saying that we'll get anything though.  It's almost my birthday so I'm hoping for a point, oh hell might as well ask for all three.

Guest Deep456

When I come out with a comment like this, it's rarely wrong. You can call me the houdini of Newcastle.

So you can't predict anything, but if we need someone to escape from somewhere you're the man?

Yop.

Its a shame Barton isn't around, we could have done with him to kick the shit out of them, none of them would want to play and risk an injury.

So you're saying you want Smith in midfield?

My team

_____________________Harper____________________

Beye___________Faye______Cacapa_______Enrique

Duff____________Butt________Milner________NZogbia

________________Carroll____Martins_______________

Forrester

Taylor

Geremi

Smith

Owen

I would honestly be tempted to go 4-5-1 and try to choke them since they've been frustrated by weaker teams before this year.

Harper

Beye Faye Cacapa Enrique

Butt Geremi

Milner  N'Zogbia Duff

Owen

But, of course, this is Kevin Keegan we're talking about so I don't suppose he'd be willing to play that way.

We could get a point if we played Faye as our defensive midfielder. Wouldn't mind to play Butt too because we do need lots of strength in the middle to coup with Gerrard. However if this is the case we must start Martins and prepared for a counter attack strategy. Enrique, N'Zogbia, Milner and Owen should all start, so as Cacapa and Taylor.

And I know KK won't do that.

yeah, he would keep up the pace with torres

what are the actual odds of a Newcastle victory?  i looked on a bookie site but have no idea how to interpret it! 

1-0  14/1

2-0  66/1

2-1  28/1

from bet365

cheers Munkey!  O0

Guest mobiius

closet score to that is 4-2...they don't have a 4-3.

50/1

paddy power are giving us 100-1 for a 4-3 win and them 66-1 for the same might as well burn the ten spot i am going to put on imo but i think this is the place where little micky will start to score all depends on wether the fat spanish waiter rests his best for the champions league i think he will have them on the bench.i will be sick as fuck if he starts smith up front as there will be no goals our side. martins /carrol  or martins/ owen with which ever one of those three he leaves out coming on at the hour mark

just checked blue square can't believe they are giving 500-1 for the same score

Guest Toepoke

Can't see us winning this one tbh, here's hoping.

Probable Keegan team:

Harper

Beye  Taylor Faye Enrique

Milner Barton Butt Duff

Smith Owen