Liverpool Vs Newcastle Pre-Match thread.

Guest Deep456

Guest Brazilianbob

I've got 2 tickets spare if anyone needs any. FACE VALUE £36 EACH.

You will have to offer me more that to go!

Not even putting up a team because we all know who's going to play - Barton not being available = Smith and Butt in midfield and someone else up front. Same as ever: if we play the same kind of team, we lose. Be interesting to see if their big guns play with a big match against Inter no Tuesday but even their subs should cream us the way we've been playing/the poor team we offer every week. Is Emre fit? I think if he is Keegan might actually play him, which means we might stand a bit of a chance. Nonetheless, I expect the bleached gormless one to play a full 90 minutes and to contribute nothing but sideways/backwards passing, a booking and no shots on goal. Owen is just going to end the match depressed when he realises how far his career has nosedived.

Good times!

I'm hoping that it will be more than just those 3 playing.

So, most of us expect us to lose, but after the game it will still be the same old overreaction heaven.

Depends how we play i expect us to loose but that doesnt give them an excuse not to play well or to register a shot on goal. It doesnt mean we should go there and get battered which will get a reaction on here.

On the other hand we could play decent for 10 minutes and some poeple say it is encouraging even f we still loose 4-0

So, most of us expect us to lose, but after the game it will still be the same old overreaction heaven.

Depends how we play i expect us to loose but that doesnt give them an excuse not to play well or to register a shot on goal. It doesnt mean we should go there and get battered which will get a reaction on here.

On the other hand we could play decent for 10 minutes and some poeple say it is encouraging even f we still loose 4-0

We played really well against Blackburn and people were starting Keegan out threads on here because we lost ffs. :lol:

If we approach the game in a way which suggests we don't expect to lose - by that I mean keeping our shape and discipline for 90 mins, I wouldn't have any arguments whatever the result. They have better players so they would be expected to win, but worse teams than us have got results there, so if you set up right and play well it can be done.

We played really well against Blackburn and people were starting Keegan out threads on here because we lost ffs. :lol:

Really? I wasnt on here for a couple of days after so  didnt know

If Torres is rested and Gerrard has an off day then I think we can get sopmething from the game. We are due a bit of luck after the blackburn game so you never know. I would start Martins so we at least have a bit of pace up front.

Keegan's words are encouraging - we need to ditch the Allardyce approach and just give it a try. Every man and his dog knows that they're superior to us on every position on the park, and should get spanked if Torres and Gerrard play, but if we play like we did last week and actually convert similar chances into goals, it shouldn't be too cringeworthy to watch.

good news on their injuries. mascherano, finnan, agger and voronoin will not play

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N159091080307-1525.htm

Rather is read Torres, Gerrard, Babel tbh.

well yeah, but unless one of us lot goes round their training ground with a crowbar tomorrow morning, its probably not going to happen. mascheranos a very big player for them though

Well I have just looked at the photos of training today on the official web and I'm guessing this is the first team (from guys in yellow):

Harper

Beye    Faye            Taylor    Enrique

Milner    Smith          Butt        Duff

Martins        Owen

Well I have just looked at the photos of training today on the official web and I'm guessing this is the first team (from guys in yellow):

Harper

Beye     Faye            Taylor     Enrique

Milner    Smith          Butt        Duff

Martins        Owen

charlie couldn't be left out again could he?  could he?  i mean to what possible end?