Side & Formation for Birmingham

Tsunami
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nate, I personally wouldn't have Barton anywhere near the first team at the moment. He's not in a mentally fit state to play football, you can see that. Even the bite that you normally get from Joey Barton has gone.

Butt, then? I think any two of Emre, Geremi, Lua Lua and Milner would get overrun in the middle.

Any one selecting Cacapa clearly have forgotten the fucking over Cameron Jerome gave him at St. James.

That completely emphasises the crap that people are coming out with at the moment. Cacapa was indeed fucked over that day. Fuckin pasted all over by Jerome, while he sat on the bench. He was nowhere to be seen when Jerome waltzed around Shay and scored. Fuckin Cacapa! He's shit. He was shit the week later at Fulham. He was shit yesterday and against Man U as well.

:laugh:

You presume that these untried kids would be better than the above. While that lot are s**** their is no garuntee someone like Lua Lua could step up and do any better.

I've seen enough of Lua Lua to be confident that he's better than Duff in his normal position, Duff offers nothing.

Guest ObaStar

how did faye get more votes than harper? u had to chose harper, hes the only goalie on the list. on second thought, im sure alan smith cud play goalie if we asked him to.

Any one selecting Cacapa clearly have forgotten the fucking over Cameron Jerome gave him at St. James.

That completely emphasises the crap that people are coming out with at the moment. Cacapa was indeed fucked over that day. Fuckin pasted all over by Jerome, while he sat on the bench. He was nowhere to be seen when Jerome waltzed around Shay and scored. Fuckin Cacapa! He's shit. He was shit the week later at Fulham. He was shit yesterday and against Man U as well.

bluelaugh.gif

He wasn't even on the bench against Birmingham actually!

Guest fraser

Fact is not the sort of game to reintroduce Emre is it?

I'm tired of hearing this sort of drivel tbh. No offence.

Let's bring back a player from injury into a bear-pit. Shite. No offence.

If he's fit, he has the experience to handle it. He's not a player that hides.

I'd like us to play with one striker and someone acting in a free role as a link with the midfield. Emre did a decent job a couple of seasons back in that role. I think it's his best position, because he can't defend at all.

Duff is another possibility, but it didn't work out well yesterday. Owen isn't one to lead the line, and they never looked like combining though.

Shola can play well in a 4-5-1. I'd give him an hour, and then bring on Martins.

I'm tired of hearing this sort of drivel tbh. No offence.

Let's bring back a player from injury into a bear-pit. Shite. No offence.

A bear pit? :lol:

I was under the impression you were giving it the tired old cliche of "ooh he's not the type of player you need at the bottom", apologies if that's not the case. Re: his fitness, none of us know how fit he is, so it's a moot point really. If he's fit, he should play.

Guest prestonj1989

Harper

Beye      Faye      Taylor      Enrique

Milner            Butt              N'Zogbia

Owen  Carroll  Martins

Guest LucasUnger

3-1-3-1-2  :coolsmiley:

Harper

Beye      Faye      Taylor/Diatta

Geremi

Milner    N'zogbia  Duff

Owen

Martins

Carrol

just attack the whole 90 minutes we might score a goal.

Given

Beye           Cacapa              Faye            Enrique

Geremi

Barton                  Emre 

Milner                                                 N'Zogbia

Owen

Harper

Beye   Caçapa   Taylor   Enrique

Milner    Faye   Emre    N'Zogbia

Martins   Owen

Subs: Forster, Diatta, Geremi, Duff, Ameobi

What the heck? Might aswell play our best right-back, our best left-back, our best right-mid, our best centre-mid, our best left-mid and our two best strikers. We haven't tried that yet; what's to lose? :D

In all seriousness, i'd have Caçapa and Faye in at centre-back if we could afford it. I couldn't believe it when Keegan had to drop one of them (Faye returned), he dropped Caçapa.

At Arsenal and at Villa, Claudio was clearly the more classier and comfortable centre-back than the two for me, and he was a fucking monster against Boro. Taylor's looked a total liablity since Kev's come in.

However, our centre-mids in that case are: weak as piss, unable to distribute a ball, or run with a bit of pace. Faye can achieve all of those three things in one movement, be it a turn away from an opposing player or whatever - we've got to have some actual steel in our centre-midfield or we will continue to just get dominated there.

Drop Duff, drop Butt, drop Barton, drop Smith. They're all 'big' names that are typically offering Sweet FA. I wouldn't even have Butt or Smith on the bench tbh. I've no idea what they've done to warrant being in the team. If there's any individuals that consistently cost us games/lack of goals - it's them two. They're utter crap imo.

Martins has to play. I'm enjoying how, after 148 votes, 139 people want Oba playing, and 3 people want Smith playing. I bet that's an accurate ratio for the majority of NUFC fans tbh!

Anyways, it'll look nowt like that. 1-1.

Harper

Beye    Taylor  Cacapa  Jose

Faye

Milner                            N'Zogbia

Emre

Owen        Martins

Faye in the holding role, anyone who was at Chelsea or watched the game would've seen how he held the team together and made us what we were that day. That is the only time he has ever played there away from home for us and i can't see why he is'nt there atm.

Massive, Massive game.....i'm going for 3-1 to the toon, fuck knows where the goals will come from but if we can't get a result in the shit we are in atm, we never will, and the players need to realise how important this match is.

Harper

Beye    Taylor   Cacapa   Jose

Faye

Milner                            N'Zogbia

Emre

Owen         Martins

Faye in the holding role, anyone who was at Chelsea or watched the game would've seen how he held the team together and made us what we were that day. That is the only time he has ever played there away from home for us and i can't see why he is'nt there atm.    

Spot on that, Jamie. :thup:  Was very good there at home to Manchester City aswell.

Am I the only one who thinks that the idea of starting youngsters as some on here are suggesting is absolutely insane. Why the heck would you throw Lua Lua or Carroll into a game where we aboslutely must win. Did we not learn from Huntington at Alkmaar last season?

No one's planning on playing them out of position at fullback