Current Feelings?

Willow
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest BooBoo

Still optimistic we wont go down but the Birmingham game is a must-not-lose battle as i dont think we'll pick up 9 points from the supposed easier three home games.

For me, its still Bolton going down with Derby and Fulham.

Guest TyneToPlay

I think we'll stay up, but only as there are three or four worse clubs in the league this season. But still very uneasy about the situation. I just can't find any real confidence that KK knows what he's doing and I'm wondering if the players feel the same way.

Nearly all of this squad is not good enough, not even close to championship standards.

So it is pretty much a cert that surviving relegation or actually being relegated will see a squad clear out either way.

I think KK to a certain extent, was wrapped up in his own hype that we ourselves bestowed on him.

I think this alone made him make such a naive decision to actually think he could turn this set of overpaid  wankers into a footballing side.

I'd rather us not get relegated as I think Keegan knows he's going to have a massive clear out in the summer, and maybe we'll see a team worth supporting next season!

This lot at present are a fucking joke!

Currently I'm terrified, I'm nearly always optimistic when it comes to football but now dealing with the very real possibility that we will be playing in the championship next season.

I do see improvements in the performances though, and I think we can do it if we take points of the other strugglers we are facing next.

To be honest, I'm trying not to think about it...

I think we'll stay up, but only as there are three or four worse clubs in the league this season. But still very uneasy about the situation. I just can't find any real confidence that KK knows what he's doing and I'm wondering if the players feel the same way.

don't the team that win the league only win it because all the other teams are worse ?

in souness, roeder, and allardyce we somehow contrived to get ourselves 3 managers who combined the talents of shit signings married with an utter inability to put 11 players out on the field and get them to play football in a coherent way at any level

i was a massive, massive critic of us appointing keeegan for the simple reason i thought he would be out of touch with the game and his experiences since leaving us the first time were hardly a confidence builder

that said i've noticed enough improvement in the players to suggest this summer with a LOT, and i mean a lot of cash he'd make us a decent team again

as a club outside of the "big boys" if you like, all you really need to do is beat the crap in the league - this is what robson got us doing and what every manager since him has failed to acheive, beat the shite and compete with those around you and you'll always be in with a shout of europe

keegan can get us back there but he's not the man to progress any further after that

You can see where NE5 is coming from, to be fair. Over the two and a half years i've been reading this forum the majority of threads have had the same theme: people slating the old board and desperately wanting Shepherd out, and NE5 opposing them. Then, this summer, everybody got what they wanted and yet we're currently on the brink of relegation as a direct result of decisions taken by the new owner. You can hardly expect him to sit there and be quiet now.

To compound things, people are talking about not renewing, how awful the situation is, being past caring etc. when NE5 has had first hand experience of far more difficult times than one relegation, one season in the second tier. The great irony of course being that it would seem unthinkable to be out of the top flight for any longer than that, due to the work Shepherd and the Halls did here.

You can see where NE5 is coming from, to be fair. Over the two and a half years i've been reading this forum the majority of threads have had the same theme: people slating the old board and desperately wanting Shepherd out, and NE5 opposing them. Then, this summer, everybody got what they wanted and yet we're currently on the brink of relegation as a direct result of decisions taken by the new owner. You can hardly expect him to sit there and be quiet now.

To compound things, people are talking about not renewing, how awful the situation is, being past caring etc. when NE5 has had first hand experience of far more difficult times than one relegation, one season in the second tier. The great irony of course being that it would seem unthinkable to be out of the top flight for any longer than that, due to the work Shepherd and the Halls did here.

Just because our predicament has followed a board change, it doesn't mean our predicament is due to a board change.

We've still got every chance of getting more points than we did last year and finishing above where we did last year, I think we will, but we'll see.

We're still only one place lower than we finished last year for fucks sake, it's not like there's been a drastic drop in quality since the club changed hands.

wonder if (assuming we stay up) the board are stupid enough not to move in the market very fast at the end of the season?

renewals have been dropping and the talk of not renewing increasing year on year...if we scrape up after this fiasco surely they must see they need to bring people in VERY quickly to get everyone motivated and excited again....farting about like we usually do surely ain't gonna cut?

I'm loving HF's optimism. I just hope it's contagious.

It might be based on the fact we have looked ok against the lesser teams under Keegan.

Yeah, I think it is and I agree with him there too. The only worry for me is that the upcoming matches against those teams down at the bottom are so high pressured and have so much riding on them that they scare the shit out of me at present.

I'm loving HF's optimism. I just hope it's contagious.

:smug:

I'm honestly suprised at the negativity.

I don't see how people think we'll be dragged into it looking at our fixtures/form compared to Bolton/Sunderland.

I expect us to be 12 points clear of danger come the 29th.

Just because our predicament has followed a board change, it doesn't mean our predicament is due to a board change.

We've still got every chance of getting more points than we did last year and finishing above where we did last year, I think we will, but we'll see.

We're still only one place lower than we finished last year for fucks sake, it's not like there's been a drastic drop in quality since the club changed hands.

I appreciate all of that, but i think his point still stands. The very reason relegation seems so unthinkable to a large proportion of our fans is due to the success we had under the previous board, under the man who almost everybody wanted rid of. The fact that the closest we've come to it for some time has coincided with the change in ownership, wether as a direct result of it or not, only strengthens his position.

Unfortunately NE5 has become something of a parody of himself, perhaps people would be more receptive to his views if he wasn't.

I'm bricking it.

I've put all of my hopes on us beating Sunderland and Fulham at home and right now we dont look like doing that.

My thread of optimism comes from the fact that Oba will have proved he is worth a start under KK.

I appreciate all of that, but i think his point still stands. The very reason relegation seems so unthinkable to a large proportion of our fans is due to the success we had under the previous board, under the man who almost everybody wanted rid of. The fact that the closest we've come to it for some time has coincided with the change in ownership, wether as a direct result of it or not, only strengthens his position.

Unfortunately NE5 has become something of a parody of himself, perhaps people would be more receptive to his views if he wasn't.

We were in the bottom three several times under Shepherd.....and were only 5 points from relegation last year.

I'll wager we have a wider margin of safety this year.

i'm suprised how positive people are. never mind being dragged into it, we're already in it!

we have to get at least a point at birmingham, for confidence as much as anything. it is all well and good saying we have 3 games ay home to get our wins, but if we do crap elsewhere then we'll need to win all three of the home games (reading, fulham, mackems iirc). we're setting ourselves up for a fall if we do that. we couldn't beat bolton and boro at home and havent won once since mid-december so i am suprised people think those 3 games will be cakewalks guaranteeing us 9 points. and as alex said, they'll be high pressure and our players haven't shown a lot of guts or nerve recently.

people may say other sides have tough run-ins but we can't rely on other teams to be shit, everyone on here thought Reading were finished and were counting on them finishing below us. now they seem to have hit a bit of form. our goal difference being so bad means that even though we are level with a bunch of other sides, in reality they are ahead of us and we have to do that bit extra. i don't even think the other threatened side's run-ins are that bad tbh. i think bolton and wigan are the two we have to overhaul and i think we'll need another 9 points to do it, maybe even 10.

We were in the bottom three several times under Shepherd.....and were only 5 points from relegation last year.

I'll wager we have a wider margin of safety this year.

It's all up in the air at the moment. I have doubts whether these players have the bottle required to win head to head battles, but the extra quality should count for something. I can see Sunderland wilting when the heat is on, and others might too.