5 years ago to this day....

Guest GAMMELL

'kin hell.

10 years ago tady i was in prague.

5 years ago today i was in milan

this afternoon i shall be going to bishop auckland

my life is some bizzare allegory to NUFC,

Funny, I was thinking exactly the same thing the other day. Nick Hornby said it as well, like, his life was going down the shitter until Arsenal won the league then his life started to mirror the performance of his club. For my sanity, I might have to start supporting Man Utd.

My favourite NUFC-game of all time. Didn't believe it when Shearer got his second. Also when Solano hit the bar on the volley, I remember lying on the floor for the next five or six minutes not being able to move. Some performance and with such a young side (Bellamy, Jenas, Bramble, Bernard).

Surely Andy O'Briens biggest moment ever. Andy Griffin will cherish that game and his goal against Juve now that he's playing his trade at Stoke.

Griffin, Bernard, Bramble, O'Brien. Why would that back line be infinitely better than the one we've got today?

The midfield, and Bellamy defending from the front (or was Bellamy suspended for that one?)

Griffin, Bernard, Bramble, O'Brien. Why would that back line be infinitely better than the one we've got today?

The midfield, and Bellamy defending from the front (or was Bellamy suspended for that one?)

He played.

No, Bellamy played. Set up Shearer for the 1st goal and I also remember him nutmeg Coco at one stage.

Guest Jungle Barry

Fantastic couple of days, never heard a roar like it after we scored our goals either before or since

Brilliant

i rushed home early from school to watch it on espn.  I went nuts during those goals.  Shearer's 2nd was a bone chilling feeling.  Nearly brought to tears on how passionate that goal and performance was.  You lot should check it out on youtube, the sea of toon fans rushing forward and jumping is brilliant.

bit of an empty feeling now, will we ever get back to the CL?  :-[

Guest Knightrider

One of the best ever team performances I've seen from our club. Bramble and Bernard were immense. Shearer dominated Canavarro. Bellamy scared the hell out of their full-backs. Solano was dictating play. Speed was a midfield general. The fans were simply awesome. We dominated them for large periods and the character and steel in that side on that night made me more proud than anything else. Edit: I watched on TV btw, would have loved to have been there though.

It was down the the manager organising them and telling them how to play.

I'd say it was more down to the fact we had strikers who could hold the ball up and run with it (Shearer & Bellamy), and energetic, pacy midfielders in front of them.

Its an awful shame we dont have nights like those again. We can blame Shepherd for appointing Souness and Roeder and crippling the club for that :thup:

:lol:

Thread killer.   :lol: