Relegation might be a good thing

Guest sicko2ndbest

We don't need relegation to get rid of the dead wood, for fucks sake.

Lost for words.

We got millions just let their contracts expire and let them rot in the reserves ;)

That's like hoping your house burns down so you can get some new carpets with the insurance money.

WHS.

It'd be awful. We've got the funds to buy new carpets without burning our house down, so no thanks.

There would be silver linings I suppose, yes. But, on the whole, it'd be a massive setback for the club that could take years to recover from.

It's not easy to just bounce back up either. Sure, you get rid of all your dead-wood. But you also lose any promising players you actually want to keep who mightn't fancy the Championship.

You're then trying to whip together a brand new team and expect them to instantly be the best in the Championship, or good enough to get promoted anyway. That's not easy, and for all the money we'd have coming up again would be far from certain.

There's also the distinct possibility that our BILLIONAIRE owner decides he couldn't be arsed owning a Championship club and sells up, when there's a fair chance he'll invest a fair wedge of cash trying to make us serious contenders if we do stay up.

It'll be a disaster, no two ways about it.

Guest Li3nZ

Relegation will be a complete utter tragedy, a summer of Newcastle relegation and pretening the European championships don't exist will be as fun as rubbing my bell end on a cheese grater.

Guest newcastle4life

If the team is relagated club could be destroyed and may never come back up for a long time, maybe another Leeds. better staying up and removing the rubbish.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Blues and Sunderland have been relegated in recent years, are we any better off now, than either of those?

Massively underperforming club with 5th highest wage bill in England?

13 years of premiership football has lead us to this shit, maybe it will take one year of championship football to completely overhaul the place

Guest MarkMag

How can being relegated ever be a good thing? If you are going to rebuild a team you may as well do it in the top divison, otherwise you are going to have to wait longer.

I honestly believe that things will get better. I was very dubious about Keegan coming back here and I still am to some extent. However, if we can survive I reckon he can do a job if he can bring in 5 or 6 class players in the summer.

If the team is relagated club could be destroyed and may never come back up for a long time, maybe another Leeds. better staying up and removing the rubbish.

For goodness sake what tosh, it would be a huge set back but it would be far from the end of the world, we are nothing like Leeds.

Blues and Sunderland have been relegated in recent years, are we any better off now, than either of those?

Massively underperforming club with 5th highest wage bill in England?

13 years of premiership football has lead us to this s***, maybe it will take one year of championship football to completely overhaul the place

dforum name of "siscko2ndbest" advocating relegation may not be all bad.

irony overload.

Guest 22bnw

relegation would be an absolute nightmare, the club would be in turmoil and it is possible that we wouldnt reach the top flight again for many years. It would ruin our potential, our dreams and status in world football. Its not worth it.

Christ Al-fucking-mighty. :kasper:

Never underestimate just how moronic some of our so-called support can be, eh? Relegation's now being seen as a panacea for all the club's ills? Well I just hope none of the twats saying this are medics; I'd hate to think the sort of havoc they'd cause in a casualty ward. :nope:

I can understand the "relegation might be good" mindset and ideas behind it. Maybe that's something we can turn to if it happens that we do go down.

But relegation would be truly terrible and very sad thing.

I tell you what - next time one of these "relegation would be good for us" rent-a-mongs suffers the misfortune of stubbing their toe, I'm going to send Catmag round to heal the pain by removing the whole fucking leg with a chainsaw. And no anaesthetic.

:shifty: