Birmingham City 1 - 1 Newcastle - 17/03/08 - post match reaction from page 28

Dave

Slightly better 2nd half

But what is Keegan thinking not bringing on Zoggy when we were on top, and then bringing him on for Martins! FFS

God if he had brought Zoggy on for Geremi the snail and maybe Duff for Barton we might have got 3 points, but no were happy just with the 1 point

Get a f****** grip, Birmingham were there for the taking and we copped out! Lightweight c***s

Would rather take a point than risk another Blackburn tbh.

So we do have some bollocks!

Owen, Martins, Geremi and Enrique played very well 2nd half. Butt didnt do badly either.

Barton worried me, everytime he looked like he was going to do something positive he made a stupid mistake, I was never confident when he was on the ball.

The fact we equalised and got better as the game went on was encouraging. I know Viduka didn't do much going forward but having him in the side is massive, we must keep Martins, Owen and Viduka starting. If we do and have a go against Fulham I think we'll beat them.

It was obvious from Martins' play (and reaction to the substitution) that he was regaining a bit of confidence. I've never seen a player as reliant on it.

Aye, which makes taking him off even more bewildering, and we really should have brought Zoggy on for the second half much, much earlier than that, since we weren't really dominating the game until Keegan told Smith to warm up  :rolleyes:

That'll do. Taking Martins off was frustrating, but this was a crucial, crucial point. I wasn't watching it, but if we were pushing too much and then leaving ourselves open to attack, it could have been quite dangerous, and potentially disastrous. Containment when you're ten games into the season and up against the Mackems is a bit of a disgrace; but in this situation, it's probably sensible.

Keeps him fresh n'all.

Can't wait for Saturday. Well done boys, hard fought point.

We had them pegged back and bumming them in the face. They were completely out of it by that point.

Ah right, well like i say, i didn't watch it. But i mean still, regardless of how close we're getting, we're missing stacks of chances nowadays and conceding a lot and in the blink of an eye. I didn't have to see the game to think that move was a sensible one (i was listening, though); the game died and we confirmed what was a valuable point.

Slightly better 2nd half

But what is Keegan thinking not bringing on Zoggy when we were on top, and then bringing him on for Martins! FFS

God if he had brought Zoggy on for Geremi the snail and maybe Duff for Barton we might have got 3 points, but no were happy just with the 1 point

Get a f****** grip, Birmingham were there for the taking and we copped out! Lightweight c***s

Yep. This wasn't the game to throw everything at them for the win.

A fair result all things considered. We'll beat Fulham on Saturday.  :thup:

Must start with Martins, Viduka and Owen for the majority of games left this season if possible. It puts teams on the back foot.

Martins did well, as did Beye. :)

Slightly better 2nd half

That and the fact that the rest of the comment was a load of bollocks as well! Geremi had a good game, didnt look overly slow, and in all honesty i can understand why he didnt make any changes when we were on top at the risk of fucking things up.

That'll do. Taking Martins off was frustrating, but this was a crucial, crucial point. I wasn't watching it, but if we were pushing too much and then leaving ourselves open to attack, it could have been quite dangerous, and potentially disastrous. Containment when you're ten games into the season and up against the Mackems is a bit of a disgrace; but in this situation, it's probably sensible.

Keeps him fresh n'all.

Can't wait for Saturday. Well done boys, hard fought point.

We had them pegged back and bumming them in the face. They were completely out of it by that point.

Ah right, well like i say, i didn't watch it. But i mean still, regardless of how close we're getting, we're missing stacks of chances nowadays and conceding a lot and in the blink of an eye. I didn't have to see the game to think that move was a sensible one (i was listening, though); the game died and we confirmed what was a valuable point.

Winning is also key to avoiding relegation. Playing it safe and settling for points with our defence will be the death of us.

Guest Chris P

Good point and the lads actually looked like they cared 2nd half also not a sniff of smith woohoo!!!

I think Martins might be ready to destroy Fulham all  on his own, might of been a good move by Kev get him wound up  >:D

totally agree.. in terms of the next game. and as we know it's all tactics

Can't believe he took Martins off, alhough to be honest, I thought you lost the impetus before that.

The match looked like what it was - two sides shit scared of getting relegated. Very cagey indeed.

All in all if it wasn't for individual errors - Faye fucking up, Owen missing a good chance and for me Viduka failing to play in Owen or Martins when he was through, we would of won the game. Very positive for me.

Can't believe he took Martins off, alhough to be honest, I thought you lost the impetus before that.

The match looked like what it was - two sides shit scared of getting relegated. Very cagey indeed.

I wouldnt say it was particularly cagey overall, but you could tell no1 wanted to do anything stupid from about the 80th.

Skeletor, this was a very important point. As people have said, it's not the right circumstances to be throwing it all at them, like you'd expect much earlier in the season. Not in my opinion, anyway. Frustrating, aye, but the key aim was four points and we're well on the road to that.

Harper 7

Beye 6

Taylor 6

Faye 2

Enrique 5

Geremi 3

Butt 7

Barton 5

Martins 8

Owen 7

Viduka 7

Geremi 3?? fuckin hell mate!

Would have been more if any of his corners had been better than "utter shite". We really really needed better delivery.