Phew. Riise signs for Roma

Kaizero

Guest Phil K

This is the type of player we'd go for. When a club realises one of their players is going downhill quickly, they get rid... and who are the fools who usually snap them up.....

Absolutely on the nose.

I am heartily p*ss*d off with Man U Liverpool et all unloading their has-beens in our direction.

Get him and play him in Midfield..

Or don't get him and buy someone else...

:lol: I prefer that idea.

Certainly - as long as he IS better.

I'm not interested in Brown or Riise. Brown has never been a better than mediocre player and isn't what we need, he needs to play next to a leader(like Rio) and we don't have one. Riise is a washed up top 4 player, i think we've learnt our lesson when it comes to them. I'd much rather we went for Shorey at LB.

If we could merge Riises attacking ability with Enriques age and defensive ability we'd have hell of a player. Rathernot go down the route of going for other teams rejects though, so no thanks.

I'm not a fan of Riise, rather have Shorey for a more attacking fullback.

I'm actually quite pleased with Enrique, i hope we stick with him. I'd rather have defenders who can defend rather than crack a decent free kick now and then.

Has Keegan got a track record of buying cast-off's from the 'big' four during his time at Newcastle, Man City and Fulham? I think he'd be more likely to go and find players from the lower leagues or abroad (assuming the new scout network doesn't do all the work) than buying has-beens.

We do need another left back though, we're one injury away from Steven Carr rolling around on his protruding belly back there.

The question is do we get someone to backup Enrique or someone mor eexperienced who can play straight away who Enrique eventually takes over from.

We've already got one player who is ginger and past his best, we don't need another.

Shola?

If he was ginger then he would fit the bill there...

I couldn't figure out who the ginger you mentioned was.

Butt?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_3320204,00.html

Riise quiet on Toon talk

Defender refuses to comment on Newcastle speculation

Liverpool defender John Arne Riise has refused to comment on speculation linking him with a summer move to Newcastle, according to the player's representative.

The Norwegian international, who is also capable of playing in midfield, has fallen out of favour at Anfield this season with Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez preferring the pairing of Fabio Aurelio and Ryan Babel on the Reds' left-hand side.

However, Newcastle manager Kevin Keegan is rumoured to be an admirer of Riise, who joined Liverpool from Monaco in 2001 for £4.6million.

Keegan is understood to be keen to bolster his shaky defence in the summer after shipping 57 goals so far this term.

However, Riise's representative - Jan Kvalheim - insists the 27-year-old, who has also been linked with a move to Aston Villa, will not add weight to the speculation.

"This is just speculation and John Arne will not comment on this," Kvalheim told the Dagbladet website

Just to add ...

Only in situations where we cannot find any decent prem experienced players would I expect us to get in players from abroad, especially concerning our defence.

That is what BSA thought when he went out & got: Beye, Cacapa, Rosie, Jose.

He's alright. Nowt special and certainly not what I'd call absolute quality. Would rather see an N'Zogbia / Enrique combo down the left than have him here though.