The Spark

Tooj

Anybody see Keegan's post-match interview on Setanta last night? He certainly had that old twinkle in his eyes back. Was nice to see. Gave me a warm feeling inside I must admit.

As soon as I saw that line up with three strikers, I thought this is the real Keegan. How many managers would have gone to Birmingham after they'd just tonked Spurs with only three midfielders so they could fit in another striker  :lol:

Anybody see Keegan's post-match interview on Setanta last night? He certainly had that old twinkle in his eyes back. Was nice to see. Gave me a warm feeling inside I must admit.

Much though I hate to say it, you know I'm a Keeganite through and through, but I think you're clutching at straws mate. Would love to be proved wrong, but I think he's lost his special powers.

Was Jonny not actually getting at how bubbly and happy (even comedic) Keegan was? Cos i thought the same thing. To say he's looked down in the dumps recently would have been an understatement. He was clearly a bit chuffed last night. And ja, the warm feeling was with me n'all. :D

I wasn't really old enough to experience his first tenure, but i honestly just love the guy. Love it when he speaks. I've sometimes thought this season that he's lost it, but with the way he speaks he just breeds faith. So desperately want him to do well.

Was Jonny not actually getting at how bubbly and happy (even comedic) Keegan was? Cos i thought the same thing. To say he's looked down in the dumps recently would have been an understatement. He was clearly a bit chuffed last night. And ja, the warm feeling was with me n'all. :D

I wasn't really old enough to experience his first tenure, but i honestly just love the guy. Love it when he speaks. I've sometimes thought this season that he's lost it, but with the way he speaks he just breeds faith. So desperately want him to do well.

;)

he is more than capable of making all these people currently taking the piss, eat their words mate.

Which is what they are all afraid of ie eclipsing their own media darlings.

Considering the pressure he's been under I think he's held up really well. I know he looked happier yesterday but it's probably his first opportunity since he got here. A run of tough fixtures, good goals ruled out against 'boro, the Blackburn last minute choker, a freak goal which opened the floodgates at Liverpool..it would have plenty of younger managers reaching for the prozac. Then on top of that you have the press running headlines he's got two games to save his job and the rest of the bullshit printed every day. Yet he still takes it all on the chin and refuses to look for excuses. Even last week he was saying "blame me, don't blame the players". NE5 is right, I wouldn't back against him making all these vultures eat their words. You can bet your botton dollar that Keegan believes he will.

Loved his celebration after our goal  :smitten: I know i'm too young to remember the old days, but that just semmed classic Keegan, let it continue....

Old days  :rolleyes:

Trust you to respond to that. ;)

I just can't bring myself to doubt KK, the man has earned the right to a few bad results over the years - a hundred times over. The joy he brought to us the last time around might never be seen again, we can only thank him for that.

And it's fucking great to know we have a positive manager in charge, who knows we like to attack and loves it as much as we do. Even if we don't win anything with Kev, we know the guy is 100% positive, and his enthusiasm is bound to be passed on to the players.

He'll get the spark back, no doubt in my mind. We might not win anything in the process, but I'm certainly going to enjoy it more than having any one of Sam, Hughes, Redknapp et al in charge.

As soon as I saw that line up with three strikers, I thought this is the real Keegan. How many managers would have gone to Birmingham after they'd just tonked Spurs with only three midfielders so they could fit in another striker  :lol:

Hold on a sec, Allardyce played pretty much the exact same formation and system with all three of those at home to Derby, and he got hammered for it.

Hold on a sec, Allardyce played pretty much the exact same formation and system with all three of those at home to Derby, and he got hammered for it.

Martins played right-wing that day iirc.

The first half was like Allardyce all over again, with "percentage balls" being knocked around randomly to no one in particular.

Sam might have used a similar formation, but the approach to the game was totally different. With KK we get 433 used to link up the attack and create more chances, with Sam it was to get more bodies in midefield and stifle the opposition.

Sam might have used a similar formation, but the approach to the game was totally different. With KK we get 433 used to link up the attack and create more chances, with Sam it was to get more bodies in midefield and stifle the opposition.

In fairness, thats what happened when we played at Bolton.

I like this positive vibe.

More of it.

You'd have thought we'd beaten brum the way the fans have reacted.

A win against Fulham and i'll probably as happy as i have been all season long.

Bring it on!

More of it.

Bring it on!

Hell yeah.

Thing is, if we scored first against Brum we'd have been gutted, but we showed great spirit and a much better style of play in the second half - showing fight that we didn't think we had in us.

So aye, bring on Fulham... not a guaranteed win but couldn't pick a much better fixture at this point.

More of it.

Bring it on!

Hell yeah.

Thing is, if we scored first against Brum we'd have been gutted, but we showed great spirit and a much better style of play in the second half - showing fight that we didn't think we had in us.

So aye, bring on Fulham... not a guaranteed win but couldn't pick a much better fixture at this point.

1st time in a long time i'm looking forward to a game.