*Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle United* March Sun 30 15:00 GMT

Skirge

Same formation. We'll lose a couple of goals because Spurs are very good offensively so obviously we'll need to create chances. And with the formation we've been playing, we've been creating a ton of chances.

Reverting back to 4-4-2 will be us betting on keeping a clean sheet and/or our ability to nick a goal, and that'll be way tougher than just trying to outscore them.

4-5-1 would be a beter way to to nick a resuly. Depends upon whether gaining a point would be viewed as a 'good' result.

Did you see their game at the weekend? Portsmouth parked the bus and played for a point and got beat. We don't have good enough players to play 4-5-1 and park the bus and get something out of the game.

they put 4 past chelsea, we haven't got a hope in hell of shutting up shop

yes they put 4 past Chelsea, well done to them.  But they also let 4 in.  Just cause they scored 4 against Chelsea doesn't mean they are going to put 4 past everyone.  Even Birmingham put 4 past them recently.

Same formation. We'll lose a couple of goals because Spurs are very good offensively so obviously we'll need to create chances. And with the formation we've been playing, we've been creating a ton of chances.

Reverting back to 4-4-2 will be us betting on keeping a clean sheet and/or our ability to nick a goal, and that'll be way tougher than just trying to outscore them.

4-5-1 would be a beter way to to nick a resuly. Depends upon whether gaining a point would be viewed as a 'good' result.

Did you see their game at the weekend? Portsmouth parked the bus and played for a point and got beat. We don't have good enough players to play 4-5-1 and park the bus and get something out of the game.

yes they put 4 past Chelsea, well done to them.  But they also let 4 in.  Just cause they scored 4 against Chelsea doesn't mean they are going to put 4 past everyone.  Even Birmingham put 4 past them recently.

Exactly. We have to go there aiming to score goals or else we're fucked.

Guest kingdawson

If you lot come at us, you'll get a result but if you've come to sit back and pick up a point, i think we'll win. For what it's worth, i dont think you'll lose the game.

Spurs team will probably be............

-------------------------------Robbo-----------------------------

Hutton--------Woodgate----------King(Dawson)--chimbonda

lennon-------Hudds(jenas)-------Zokora-----------steed

-----------------Berbatov-------------keane--------------------

Subs: cerny, kaboul, o'hara, tainio, Bent

ok so you obviously totally ignored the second part of that post, the bit after the comma. i'm pretty sure we're arguing the same point, i'm saying have a go at them, its the best chance we'll get a result

Guest Toepoke

Time to do another double over spurs I think. Martins to score a wonder goal he's due one and Spurs are the perfect team to do it against

Harper

Beye

Taylor

Faye

Enrique

Barton

Butt

Emre(where the fuck is he btw) if he's done something put zog there instead

Owen

Viduka

Martins

Hopefully a win, should be a tough game though they are better than when we played them in October.

ok so you obviously totally ignored the second part of that post, the bit after the comma. i'm pretty sure we're arguing the same point, i'm saying have a go at them, its the best chance we'll get a result

apologies for the mis-understanding.

Their 2 man strike force vs our poor defence,our three man strike force vs their poor defence, a high scoring draw hmm maybe but more like a 4-3 or 3-4..

Funny how KK made a 4-3-3 work with Fat Sam's squad the same squad he could not get playing well in any formation..

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/03/24/tactical-switch-paying-off-kk-72703-20666048/

Tactical switch paying off: KK

Mar 24 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evnening Chronicle

A DELIGHTED Kevin Keegan believes his change of tactics and his emphasis on goals has boosted Newcastle United’s chances of fighting off relegation.

Since Keegan switched to a 4-3-3 formation with a front three of Oba Martins, Michael Owen and Mark Viduka, United have picked up four points out of six, with that draw at Birmingham and Saturday’s 2-0 victory over Fulham at St James’s Park.

It is to the United manager’s credit that as soon as he got Viduka fit he switched to a more attacking formation which is so reminiscent of the Keegan of old.

Out of his starting line-up has gone Alan Smith, who is still searching for his first goal for the club, and Damien Duff, who has only managed a solitary goal for United in the Premier League since he arrived at St James’s Park from Chelsea in the summer of 2006.

Indeed, while Smith has been on the bench for the past two games, Duff has been left out of the 16 in the last two matches after his ineffective performance against Liverpool at Anfield.

An upbeat Keegan told me after Saturday’s victory: “What I always do is assemble a squad, and then pick the best team for the day from that squad.

“After we went to Liverpool (a 3-0 defeat), I just took the view that I didn’t want to put another team out that didn’t have a goal in it. That team didn’t have a goal in it.

“Obviously, having Dukes (Mark Viduka) and Obafemi Martins back has given us another couple of options. They are options we haven’t had before.”

Keegan fielded an unchanged side against Fulham, and while there is a long way to go before Sunday’s game with Spurs at White Hart Lane, it would not be a surprise if he went with the same 11 in North London.

apologies for the mis-understanding.

no worries fella

If you lot come at us, you'll get a result but if you've come to sit back and pick up a point, i think we'll win. For what it's worth, i dont think you'll lose the game.

Spurs team will probably be............

-------------------------------Robbo-----------------------------

Hutton--------Woodgate----------King(Dawson)--chimbonda

lennon-------Hudds(jenas)-------Zokora-----------steed

-----------------Berbatov-------------keane--------------------

Subs: cerny, kaboul, o'hara, tainio, Bent

Probably about right I would reckon although JR is losing patience with Lennon so he could possibly be replaced by JJ.  King is expected to be fit so Daws to replace Kaboul on the bench.  I've a hunch that Hudd will start and JJ will replace Tainio on the bench if he's not replacing Lennon.  2-0 to Spurs imo.

Guest neesy111

i expect goals goals and goals  :snod:  :snod:

remember we have scored 3 goals in each our last 4 games against them

but 3 teams have scored 4 goals at WHL and still didnt win the game

Could be another 4-4. If we create chances like we've been doing as of late, Robinson will cause 3-4 goals at the back for them. N'Zogbia should definately start this one, we need someone else than Owen to link our midfield to the strikers. Martins will be well up for it, and we have nothing to lose. Should be a very, very entertaining game for the mutual.