*Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle United* March Sun 30 15:00 GMT

Skirge

Guest TyneToPlay

With two strong forward lines and two weak defences its got all the makings of a goal-fest. Kene and Berbatov are bound to get through us sooner or later so we have to go all out back at them with the front three.

Its actually the best game for us at this point as the great thing is they've got nothing to lose so like with the Portsmouth game they will go for broke if its level towards the end of the match. I reckon that will give us a chance to nip it.

I reckon we have two advantagesl; a front three when really they just have the two, and we have the much better keeper. 3-4  :thup:

Should be a goal fest but who it goes too is anyones guess ,A new found confidence for us a a Spuds team who are pretty hot at home atm .Love to get a point but head tells me the spuds to win it but give it a go lads.

Saw some odds for this one yesterday. Spurs were 7/4 to win, we were 4/1.

We were 80/1 to win 3-0, Spurs were 12/1  :undecided:

Now I know we aren't in the best form at the moment and they seem on their way up but those odds seem a little off. We have scored 3 against them in each of our last 4 meetings.

That was quite a boring post.

Guest ALNO1

Now I know we aren't in the best form at the moment and they seem on their way up but those odds seem a little off. We have scored 3 against them in each of our last 4 meetings.

They have been good at home, we're not good away from home, they've been scoring goals for fun, we've been conceding them for fun.

Ramos won't sell Berb and wants to buy Ronaldinho :lol:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3353612,00.html

I wonder who Spurs cast offs will be????

Provided the replacements materialise and acceptable bids come in (and they are big provisos) I would say the highly likely list would be

Robinson, Chimbonda, Wipey, Tainio, Stalteri, Cerny, Ghaly and Rocha.

The possibles could include Boateng, Kaboul, Bent, Dawson and Lennon.

Some are nearing out of contract, others haven't settled, and others havent performed anything like consistently enough for Ramos' liking.

The talk about Ronaldinho and David Villa moving to Spurs, whilst highly unlikely,  isn't new tbh.  It was reported that Spurs were quoted £14m by Barca about 2 months ago (BBC are now saying £12m) and since then Spurs have been making arrangements with regard to a sponsorship deal which would keep the salary structure in place.  Villa's agent has already said that he would welcome a move to the Premiership, perhaps rather pointedly said that the club need not be currently playing in the CL, the important thing for Villa is that he works with a coach he can trust.  So conceivably they could both make the move to Spurs.  Realistically, I don't expect either playing at WHL next season on a regular basis but I can but hope.

Finally, a couple of informed people on Spurs forums are saying that Spurs have submitted 2 sets of outline plans for for a new stadium close to WHL holding either 55k or 62k on a site which is currently an industrial estate.  Spurs are said to have paid £2m for an option plus a further £17m if they proceed to buy, plus the cost of relocating some of the businesses elsewhere.  Also reckoned to be a compact, not a bowl.  An announcement on the final option is expected in 1-2 months.  No idea how true that is but I would guess that might well be pretty accurate, an announcement regarding the new stadium has long been expected by June 2008.

80/1 has probably got more to do with the 0 than the 3, to be fair

Blah blah blah blah blah  blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah  Also reckoned to be a compact, not a bowl.  blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah 

What is a compact, like 4 seperate stands??

Guest GAMMELL

Ramos won't sell Berb and wants to buy Ronaldinho :lol:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3353612,00.html

Finally, a couple of informed people on Spurs forums are saying that Spurs have submitted 2 sets of outline plans for for a new stadium close to WHL holding either 55k or 62k on a site which is currently an industrial estate.  Spurs are said to have paid £2m for an option plus a further £17m if they proceed to buy, plus the cost of relocating some of the businesses elsewhere.  Also reckoned to be a compact, not a bowl.  An announcement on the final option is expected in 1-2 months.  No idea how true that is but I would guess that might well be pretty accurate, an announcement regarding the new stadium has long been expected by June 2008.

That's f*cking great news mate, thanks for that  :rolleyes:

Blah blah blah blah blah  blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah  Also reckoned to be a compact, not a bowl. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah 

What is a compact, like 4 seperate stands??

No, just square shaped rather than an oval.  It apparently means seating is closer to the pitch as it is now at WHL.  It's being said that the plot isn't big enough to house a bowl, but I'm not an expert and I've no idea whether it is or not.  This is the area I've taken off the forum:

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/1273/screenshot1ip0.png

That's f*cking great news mate, thanks for that  :rolleyes:

No problem!! O0 :lol:

Could be another 4-4. If we create chances like we've been doing as of late, Robinson will cause 3-4 goals at the back for them. N'Zogbia should definately start this one, we need someone else than Owen to link our midfield to the strikers. Martins will be well up for it, and we have nothing to lose. Should be a very, very entertaining game for the mutual.

I'm not sure any keeper is ever going to cause 3-4 goals in one game tbh but I understand you're clutching at straws. When you say this should be "a very, very entertaining game for the mutual", do you by any chance mean for the neutral? I know they sound similar, a bit like "Cacapa" and "Crap".

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

Could be another 4-4. If we create chances like we've been doing as of late, Robinson will cause 3-4 goals at the back for them. N'Zogbia should definately start this one, we need someone else than Owen to link our midfield to the strikers. Martins will be well up for it, and we have nothing to lose. Should be a very, very entertaining game for the mutual.

I'm not sure any keeper is ever going to cause 3-4 goals in one game tbh but I understand you're clutching at straws. When you say this should be "a very, very entertaining game for the mutual", do you by any chance mean for the neutral? I know they sound similar, a bit like "Cacapa" and "Crap".

Indeed. Robinson has never single-handedly cost us 3-4 goals and with all due respect, I doubt you will be the first team to do that.  Personally, I reckon it will be a draw, although if we turn it on, I reckon we should win.

lawro's take: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7309438.stm

"Newcastle were one of three clubs Tottenham did the double over last term - the others were Liverpool and Manchester United; Tottenham were the only club to do the double over Newcastle last season."

where do the BBC get this shit?

"Newcastle were one of three clubs Tottenham did the double over last term - the others were Liverpool and Manchester United; Tottenham were the only club to do the double over Newcastle last season."

where do the BBC get this shit?

:lol:

For your license fee today...