*Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle United* March Sun 30 15:00 GMT

Skirge

I cant see us winning this game so i'd be quite happy to see 433 and reward those who've won a game with another start together.

Breaking up a winning team to suit another right now is madness imo.

Guest rebel_yell12

You think Keegan will drop Martins back into midfield?  Why?  He's got a horrific first touch more often than not, and his passing is hardly his best quality either.  Martins in the midfield is pointless and wasteful.  Just put Smithy in there then.  Martins has a hard time staying in position when not played in his standard spot, imo, and it's generally best if the squad maintain their formation.  

If anyone of the strikers is played in the midfield I'd think it would be Owen.  BUT I suspect a return to a more traditional 4-4-2, with Zoggy in for Martins from the start.  Depending on how many minutes, if any, Owen gets for England, Keegan could start Owen on the bench -- why risk an injury to a tired player?  The most important matches are v. Reading and Sunderland, not Spurs.  It wouldn't be disastrous to lose at Spurs -- losses to the two teams currently below Newcastle on the table would be far worse.  And Owen's new "position" will probably work better against those sorts of midfields and defences than Spurs -- he's good enough in the midfield v. Birmingham & Fulham but probably not against the better teams.

Expected:  

Harper

Beye   Taylor    Faye    Enrique

Geremi  Butt  Barton   N'Zogbia

Viduka      Owen ©

Bench: Forster, Smith, Martins, Edgar, and Cacapa (or maybe Duff, as midfield cover?)

Martins maybe in for Owen, if he's featured heavily for England -- though no idea who'd captain then (Butt perhaps?).  More likely, Martins coming on for Viduka if needed later in the match.  Newcastle are very narrow in the 4-3-3, and Spurs have decent wingers so I think Keegan will revert to a 4-4-2 as he done late at Birmingham and against Fulham.  I wouldn't mind just going at them though, and giving the 4-3-3 a shot.  Spurs are hardly impenetrable at the back and Newcastle will probably need to score at least 2 just to earn a draw.

My worry is that Beye, Owen and Geremi all seemed to be struggling a bit against Fulham, Beye went off with a calf strain and had not trained a full week last week Owen seemed to feel a pull of some kind near the end of the game and Geremi looked like he was limping on a few different occasions.

Big worry if we lose them...

It is a very important game for us. Win and we are probably as a good as safe. Draw and it keeps things ticking over nicely. Loose and pressure flicks back to a must win in our next home game.

I have no idea how it will turn out, all 3 results are likely, but one thing if we go their and give them too much respect we'll loose.

Same team, no reason to change it.

My worry is that Beye, Owen and Geremi all seemed to be struggling a bit against Fulham, Beye went off with a calf strain and had not trained a full week last week Owen seemed to feel a pull of some kind near the end of the game and Geremi looked like he was limping on a few different occasions.

Big worry if we lose them...

Beye's got a full week to recover and hopefully he will.

I think Owen was no more than cramp, he had really worked his socks off, lets face it we would have heard long before now if it had been anything serious.

Geremi, I thought had his best game for us since joing, on Saturday, still terrible corners though. But if we lost him , I am sure the likes of Zoggy or Milner could do an good job.

Just in case Geremi, Owen and Beye do miss through injury..

------------------Harper

Edgar-----Taylor--------Faye----Enrique

-----Barton-------Butt-------Smith

-----Martins-----Viduka------Zoggy

Guest toonlass

------------------Harper

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put Zoggy in the space you have Smith and Carroll on up front with the other two

------------------Harper

Put Zoggy in the space you have Smith and Carroll on up front with the other two

:lol: was'nt what I wanted, just trying to second guess KK.. :lol:

------------------Harper

Exactly whatI would do too, Toonlass.

If Spurs turn up, they will win - they are a better side player for player.  But with them having nothing to play for, the result could go any way: it all depends if Spurs fancy it or not.

I am sure they will turn up, it is their home ground after all..

:D

If Spurs turn up, they will win - they are a better side player for player.  But with them having nothing to play for, the result could go any way: it all depends if Spurs fancy it or not.

I am sure they will turn up, it is their home ground after all..

:D

Hey, the Smoggies couldn't manage that in 96/97...  :lol:

Expected:  

Harper

Beye   Taylor    Faye    Enrique

Geremi  Butt  Barton   N'Zogbia

Viduka      Owen ©

I think it might look something like that aswell. :thup:  Geremi/Barton alternating probably. I'd rather we stuck with the '4-3-3'  though, and see how it fares against a good team. We'd probably get beat with that very-poxy-looking 4-4-2.

But aye, he'll either stick with what we've got or revert to that 4-4-2 imo. Unsure.

Anything other than just staying with the starting line up of the last 2 games would be madness and messing around for the sake of it.

Continuity is the key. Even if it leads to defeat at Spurs, we have to just persist for as long as injuries will allow. Best way to get any kind of consistency.