Old Shola thread. Please ignore.

lovejoy

Shola is better than Ipswich to be honest. Much of his general play is not as good as we need, but he can still be an effective player at times. I reckon he should give it a go at a top flight club on the continent.

Shola for Barca.

Never read so much crap James!

I'm thinking more along the lines of Mallorca or Zaragoza. Shola can be good against some continental teams because he's a little different. I can think of loads of worse Premier League strikers, its just that Newcastle have been spoilt with quality strikers for over fourteen years, making us all a little fussy.

Shola's european record is only bettered by Shearer (I think) I agree with the points about him trying out somewhere on the continent. If he ends up at Ipswich though, I wish him all the best. The way some of our fans treat him is very shabby.

Guest toonlass

Shola away  :wav: :wav: :wav:

Maybe they can manage to teach him how the offside rule works over at Ipswich, we certainly haven't over the past years.

When was the last time you played for Newcastle United Pullman?

I hope he goes and has a good loan spell.

I find it surprising that it's Ipswich who are apparently interested...would have thought Norwich was a more logical place for the lad to go since he got on so very well with Glenn.

Oh well, whatever happens, I hope he does amazingly well and proves his critics wrong. He would absolutely piss it in the SPL I reckon.

I find it surprising that it's Ipswich who are apparently interested...would have thought Norwich was a more logical place for the lad to go since he got on so very well with Glenn.

Oh well, whatever happens, I hope he does amazingly well and proves his critics wrong. He would absolutely piss it in the SPL I reckon.

Ipswich play in the Championship, Dave.

I am aware of this, Jonathan.

Shola's european record is only bettered by Shearer (I think) I agree with the points about him trying out somewhere on the continent. If he ends up at Ipswich though, I wish him all the best. The way some of our fans treat him is very shabby.

could be wrong but didn't Kluivert have a goal for every european game he played for us

I am aware of this, Jonathan.

I know, because I just told you so.