Old Shola thread. Please ignore.

lovejoy

Ameobi is easily worth £5m in a world where Chopra costs £5m. Also, both of those players score the occasional goal which is more than can be said for our £6m 'striker' Alan Smith.

Firstly, Chopra wasn't worth £5 million, secondly Chopra was on a reasonably long contract (Ameobi has only one year left) and thirdly and finally Alan Smith isn't worth £3 million never mind £6 million.

In short Shola isn't worth more then £1 million on his current contract, if we are receiving £5 million for him then, well that's insane business!

It said £3m in the Mirror today, not £5m.

£3 million initial fee, another £2 million to make it permanent apparently (unless its £3 million initially and a futher £5 million to make it permanent, if that was the case I might just feint).

hopefully we got a nice tidy sum, 500k as some previous posters said

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_3359462,00.html

--------------------------

Norwich manager Glenn Roeder has admitted his frustration at missing out on signing Newcastle striker Shola Ameobi.

The former England U21 international has been a long term target for the Canaries boss, however the Magpies man agreed to join Championship rivals Stoke City on Thursday on a loan deal until the end of the season.

Roeder managed Ameobi during his spell in charge at St James' Park and after missing out on the 26-year-old's services, revealed that Stoke have paid an 'incredible' fee for the Newcastle striker.

He said: "I would have liked Shola here but I was consistently told by Sam Allardyce and then Kevin Keegan that he would not be let out on loan and that he had a future at Newcastle.

Gamble

"We were always promised a phone call if and when that changed and I found out at seven o'clock on Thursday morning that he was travelling down to Stoke to tie up a loan deal until the end of the season.

"I spoke to Dennis Wise at length and if he is telling me the truth, the amount of loan fee that Stoke have paid is incredible.

"I have personally never heard of a higher fee for such a short period of time.

"Obviously Stoke are gambling that Shola can shoot them up into the Premier League automatically."

Up to 1m, if they go up via the play offs :D

Come on Shola  :celb:

----------

The staggering deal that makes Ameobi the most expensive loanee in English club history

Stoke are so desperate to get into the Premier League they agreed to pay Newcastle a £575,000 'transfer fee'for their loan of Shola Ameobi, even though he may only be at the club for six weeks.

It's a staggering deal that makes Ameobi the most expensive loanee in English club history.

And the final figure for the striker, who has not scored for nearly 18 months, will approach £1million if Stoke go up via the play-offs, with a bonus due to Newcastle on promotion.

But City chairman Peter Coates said: 'We wouldn'twant to look back and think we haven't had a go. We have done a deal and taken that risk. There are no guarantees but we're trying not to miss out.'

In addition to the down-payment to Newcastle, Stoke will also meet the player's estimated £25,000-a-week wages until the end of the season on May 4. He will stay at the Britannia Stadium if the club reach the play-off final on May 24.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=549508&in_page_id=1779&ito=newsnow

• 2 weeks later...

Starting tonight.

How long till he manages to foul someone when jumping?

also he has to be one of the unluckiest players around. i've never seen anyone get fouled and have the decision go the other way as much as it happens to him

Starting tonight.

also he has to be one of the unluckiest players around. i've never seen anyone get fouled and have the decision go the other way as much as it happens to him

He has the special ability to make being fouled look like he's fouling someone.

Starting tonight.

He has the special ability to make being fouled look like he's fouling someone.

him and rob lee are the only players i've seen stand still and wait for the ball,have a defender run into them,bounce off,fall down and then be penalised for it.