Reyes a Target

Skirge

N'Zogbia will be gone and Duff has no where near convinced me he's capable of being a top player again. Who knows why Reyes left Arsenal, could be any number of reasons.

From what i saw of him when he was at Arsenal he would be a great addition, Pace, Goalscoring, Crossing and keeps a hold of the ball. The only worry for me would be that he's slightly injury prone and lightweight.

It would also be a good move for Enrique having a fellow spaniard on the left side. 5m would be a snip for a 26 year old?

Don't for a second believe the story like.

Why can't you see him playing LW for us? Hypothetically, at least.

Because, although talented, he is a bit of a lazy tart, i can't see him being a success on the wing in a 442, he would have to track back and make tackles. Robert did well so it is possible i suppose, but then he could be a bit like Luque and just not fit in anywhere.

Because, although talented, he is a bit of a lazy tart, i can't see him being a success on the wing in a 442, he would have to track back and make tackles. Robert did well so it is possible i suppose, but then he could be a bit like Luque and just not fit in anywhere.

Or Ginola ;) I doubt the story as much as everyone else but if it were true I think it would be LW where KK would play him.

I dont think he was ever "lazy" at Arsenal but he was certainly no workhorse either. Robert and Ginola prior were similar styles, at least Reyes has had premiership experiance.

Are we believing a story in the Press here ?

We're merely speculating about speculation. Why not say I? Sooner or later one of these story has got to be true if you think about it.

Moved to England to play for Arsenal when he was very young, and so came with his mother, who was a bit of a controlling type.

His mother apparently hated it here as she didn't speak English and felt isolated and so she badgered him into returning to Spain, which he did.

He's a bit older now and he might finally have tired of being a mamas boy and wants to get as far away from her as possible.

Could work out for us. He's certainly talented, and was great when he initially joined Arsenal.

A lot of what's been said here was said when Duff was signed btw, and coincidentally his price was also £5m.

After thinking it through, I'd rather we sign players who are hungry and on the way up, not someone who's so obviously stagnated and maybe even on the way down like Reyes. Of course there's the possibility that he'll turn out to be a bargain but given his track record in England (poor) and the cause of his initial departure (dislikes weather), I think £5m can be spent better elsewhere.

Guest shaun11177

Is a home boy will never settle in Newcastle-did nothing but complain about been homesick-the weather-the shops not open like they are in Spain-the food etc etc.

A lot of what's been said here was said when Duff was signed btw, and coincidentally his price was also £5m.

After thinking it through, I'd rather we sign players who are hungry and on the way up, not someone who's so obviously stagnated and maybe even on the way down like Reyes. Of course there's the possibility that he'll turn out to be a bargain but given his track record in England (poor) and the cause of his initial departure (dislikes weather), I think £5m can be spent better elsewhere.

Duff was spent, Reyes is still fairly young.

Moved to England to play for Arsenal when he was very young, and so came with his mother, who was a bit of a controlling type.

His mother apparently hated it here as she didn't speak English and felt isolated and so she badgered him into returning to Spain, which he did.

He's a bit older now and he might finally have tired of being a mamas boy and wants to get as far away from her as possible.

Could work out for us. He's certainly talented, and was great when he initially joined Arsenal.

Maybe he has bumped his mother off and thats not a problem anymore

Is a home boy will never settle in Newcastle-did nothing but complain about been homesick-the weather-the shops not open like they are in Spain-the food etc etc.

So is this speculatastic or just jumping on the band wagon ,imho he is older and wiser and may fancy a new challenge but then again this story has came from Anal Oliver so lets wait and see.

Guest Stephen927

He's got bags of quality but no consistency to really make him a step above.

I'd be sceptical, but if N'Zogbia were to go I think we could do a lot worse than Reyes.

If he didn't like the weather down south, I doubt he'll love it up here. A lot can change in the years since he left Arsenal though. Would be a risk.

Duff was spent, Reyes is still fairly young.

No one said that when he signed though, which was kind of my point when I said that the way Reyes is being talked about is quite akin to the way Duff was talked about when he was signed ('bargain at £5m!' etc.).

I still think that he has some quality left in him but the fact that he hasn't produced anything remotely close to a full season of quality football in about 5 years should be a warning sign to KK. He was good, and did have a lot of potential but he never excelled in his two or so seasons at Arsenal, did not reach his potential with Real and is now struggling to get into Atletico Madrid's first team. The signs point to him becoming another run of the mill inconsistent player and we have enough of those players here. Even at £5m, I'd hesitate.

I'd rather overpay for an actual quality player rather than pay small money for different players and merely hope that they improve and turn out to be 'bargains'. It's always worth overpaying for quality because you know exactly what you're getting.