KK - 3 or 4 new faces?

Willow

Left back, central midfielder, right winger, striker.

Apart from the badly needed injection of pace into the first team, a consistent leader in central defence could transform the entire backline.

Apart from the badly needed injection of pace into the first team, a consistent leader in central defence could transform the entire backline.

Center-back more of a need than a left-back surely?

Aside from that you're about right though I reckon.

Right winger

CM someone in midfield who can carry and pass the ball. 

Striker, someone with power and pace.

CB, commanding .

Buy some squad players and use the youth players as well.

Two Centre mids, one right winger and a striker, that would transform the team. We probably need a few more to supplement the squad too. But we do have a good squad of individuals, just need a few signings to knit it all in.

Absolutely. I've maintained all through the season that we've got some very good squad players here; some very good individuals. If Nobby and Dyer were still here, we'd probably be fairly safely in mid-table, and they were hardly 'massive' players - they're were just key.

Our key players this season have been:

??? Butt? Owen?

:dontknow:

3 or 4 new first teamers and i'd be very happy tbh. We'll be bringing in plenty of youngsters as the year develops anyhow.

If Nobby and Dyer could have got us into mid-table. Two top quality players could get us into the top 8 imo.

Solano is past his best (albeit still a good player) and Dyer is fucking shite.

Doubt they'd have made us mid-table

Both are better than anything we've got in midfield at the moment.

That says more about our midfield than those two though. We've hardly been great these past few seasons with Dyer and Solano in the team, have we?

But if they're better than what we've got at the moment then it's fair to say we would be in a better position than we're in now, which is the point Yorkie has made.

Aye that's what i meant... i'm not saying they're particaulrly great players but their contributions would have helped us into a safe position. Like they did last season.

So, if the likes of them two can get us to 12th/13th or whatever, two really really good players could get us well into the top half imo.

Dyer was hardly 'fucking shite' though. ???

This is the minimum. IMO we'll need to get 2/3 squad players as well.

We also need to consider that 2/3 first team players will leave.

I keep reading about Bellamy & Robert transforming our team. We already had players like Shearer,Solano, Dyer,Speed,Bernard & we had others like Acuna, Lua Lua, Barton & Distin. They improved the team but it was the manager that done it, he was always after a quick forward & left winger that summer.

Who knows if Jeffers & Zenden had of signed they may of turned out decent instead of becoming s****.

So what are you implying? That its a bit of a myth that those 2 transformed our side. I genuinely dont think that this current squad is absent of quality to the extent that is banded around this forum and that it will take a couple of things to get us back up the league, for me, its obvious quality in obvious position, namely DM, RW and AM but also a delibirate injection of pace throughout the squad.

If we are to have faith in Keegan then its fair to say that he'll hopefully get the same results that SBR got with his signings.

Guest Toepoke

4 first team players seems about right to me. Namely IMo we need a quality CB of te same standard as Woodgate, I think we can assume KK is going to go for a CB this summer seeing as he missed out on Woodgate he might have changed his mind though. We need two centre midfeilders as well maybe, maybe one if BArton reaches the level that he can attain. I can't see it happening though. A Viduka type replacement would also be very useful a big striker that Scores aswell. With these three or four additions we'll be going for 4-5th place no bother.

4 first team players seems about right to me. Namely IMo we need a quality CB of te same standard as Woodgate, I think we can assume KK is going to go for a CB this summer seeing as he missed out on Woodgate he might have changed his mind though. We need two centre midfeilders as well maybe, maybe one if BArton reaches the level that he can attain. I can't see it happening though. A Viduka type replacement would also be very useful a big striker that Scores aswell. With these three or four additions we'll be going for 4-5th place no bother.

Nah, not for me. I'd be happy with top eight (with visible progress, which I don't think will be difficult) next year.

Guest Toepoke

Nah, not for me. I'd be happy with top eight (with visible progress, which I don't think will be difficult) next year.

So would I, however if you finish in top eight it stands to reason that they will probably be trying to break into the top 4 especially seeing as there are a few good teams up there like Spurs, Villa, Everton etc.

So would I, however if you finish in top eight it stands to reason that they will probably be trying to break into the top 4 especially seeing as there are a few good teams up there like Spurs, Villa, Everton etc.

Maybe so. I just mean we'll be on the first year of the way back, whereas those teams are another year into their plans that are already bearing fruit. City, Pompey, Villa, Everton and Spurs are all ahead of us, no matter who we sign. They'll all invest in the summer too.

So what are you implying? That its a bit of a myth that those 2 transformed our side. I genuinely dont think that this current squad is absent of quality to the extent that is banded around this forum and that it will take a couple of things to get us back up the league, for me, its obvious quality in obvious position, namely DM, RW and AM but also a delibirate injection of pace throughout the squad.

If we are to have faith in Keegan then its fair to say that he'll hopefully get the same results that SBR got with his signings.

Yes, it was Bobby that transformed our side. He was always going to sign a quick forward & direct winger (as the bids for Jeffers & Zenden prove) & build the teams attacks around Shearer.

Our current squad is crap, I suggest you look at the league table if your not taking on board what is banded around here.

Yes, it was Bobby that transformed our side. He was always going to sign a quick forward & direct winger (as the bids for Jeffers & Zenden prove) & build the teams attacks around Shearer.

Our current squad is crap, I suggest you look at the league table if your not taking on board what is banded around here.

I think you are underselling the value that Robert and Bellamy had to that side. How can you attribute it all down to SBR?? Surely by that measure you're saying we'd of had the same success had Zenden and Jeffers signed, even though both tunred out to be pap despite playing for decent managers.

Ive had a look at the table, thanks and it only reiterates my point. Surely you arent actually suggesting that the position of the club in the league at the moment is actually an accurate assessment of the quality we have in our squad. Are you??

I can't wait to see what Keegan does in the summer, I really can't.

I think he probably will look to boost the midfield with a couple of quality players, I wouldn't be surprised to see him going for a right winger or a centre back.  I'm not sure he'll do anything up front unless he's going to lose one of the three we have, I think he likes Viduka but I wouldn't be surprise if he got rid of him because of his injuries.

I think you are underselling the value that Robert and Bellamy had to that side. How can you attribute it all down to SBR?? Surely by that measure you're saying we'd of had the same success had Zenden and Jeffers signed, even though both tunred out to be pap despite playing for decent managers.

Ive had a look at the table, thanks and it only reiterates my point. Surely you arent actually suggesting that the position of the club in the league at the moment is actually an accurate assessment of the quality we have in our squad. Are you??

I think your undervaluing the squad & manager that Robert & Bellamy joined. As I have said SBR was going to get players in for his tactics, he understood what he had to do & the players he signed with the players we had it all worked out. As for Jeffers & Zenden we will never know will we.

Of course the league is an accurate assessment there is no other way to asses the team.

I think your undervaluing the squad & manager that Robert & Bellamy joined. As I have said SBR was going to get players in for his tactics, he understood what he had to do & the players he signed with the players we had it all worked out. As for Jeffers & Zenden we will never know will we.

Of course the league is an accurate assessment there is no other way to asses the team.

totally agree. Also the Premiership has improved since then.

Speed, Lee, Dyer, Solano & Shearer very good players.  We had the base of a good team.

Hello 12 months ago. :(

I can't wait to see what Keegan does in the summer, I really can't.

I think he probably will look to boost the midfield with a couple of quality players, I wouldn't be surprised to see him going for a right winger or a centre back.  I'm not sure he'll do anything up front unless he's going to lose one of the three we have, I think he likes Viduka but I wouldn't be surprise if he got rid of him because of his injuries.

Me too. Intrigued to see what he'll do. As some have mentioned, I think a bid for SWP will be in the offing. Beyond that, I have no idea.

Well then how can you attribute our rise from mid table to CL down to SBR, implying that Bellamy and Robert were only part of the jigsaw yet attribute the position we find ourselves in down to the quality of the squad. Theres a contradiction inthere somewhere, unfortunatley im not eloquent enough to articulate it!

At the end of the day, if you think that this squad at the beginning of the season only had the quality to achieve what it has achieved so far then you are, in my opinion, underestimating the actual quality of our squad. As are alot of people on this board, which i have already pointed out.

You think im undervaluaing the quality of the squad SBR era, well i think your undervaluaing the squad we have now. I just think that its too flimsy to say that Bellamy and Robert werent vital cogs to that team, at the end of the day, SBR achieved 11th position with the squad minus Robert and Ballamy, then went from 11th to 4th. With pretty much an identical squad to the previous season.

Me too. Intrigued to see what he'll do. As some have mentioned, I think a bid for SWP will be in the offing. Beyond that, I have no idea.

I'd love to see him go for Carrick, I doubt we'd get him but you never know, if he's home sick then we'd have a chance.  I've lived away 3 times and wanted to come back the day after I left, I wasn't earning £millions to soften the blow which is slightly different.

I'd love to see him go for Carrick, I doubt we'd get him but you never know, if he's home sick then we'd have a chance.  I've lived away 3 times and wanted to come back the day after I left, I wasn't earning £millions to soften the blow which is slightly different.

He's an excellent player, and worth trying for but I fear it will be in vain. Can't see ManU letting him go, and he was excellent by all accounts today.

He's an excellent player, and worth trying for but I fear it will be in vain. Can't see ManU letting him go, and he was excellent by all accounts today.

It'll be the same for us with N'Zogbia, despite what Keegan says, if a player wants a move he'll get it.