A Legend

Tooj

Now this is obviously non NUFC so I'm probably going to get shot down for this.

Was having a topic of discussion with me dad just then, we were talking about the current England team etc

There's one player who most will probably agree, doesn't get the praise he deserves, everyone rates him, yet when he was in his pomp, should have been mentioned up there with the best players around. For me he's the best midfielder England have had since Gazza. Gerrard, Lampard etc get praised absolutely loads, but I personally don't feel that in his prime they weren't on the level of this man. Despite scoring against us how many teams, he's a player I'd pay the admission fee to watch alone. Gets on with his business, nobody has a bad word to say about him. A modern day English footballing legend iyam. The England team should have been built around him, yet instead he got wasted and messed about.

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/2619/400x4001191679781sptaimfc6.jpg

At club level yes, but in the last few years of his international career he was nothing short of appalling.

He rarely got to touch the ball though. He was shunted out wide, Sven's long ball tactics hindered him completely. As I said I believe the team should have been built around Scholesy. Just my opinion though.

At club level yes, but in the last few years of his international career he was nothing short of appalling.

That was because he was dumped on left wing or LM, he should of been running the show instead of of Lamps & Stevie G from the middle.

He rarely got to touch the ball though. He was shunted out wide, Sven's long ball tactics hindered him completely. As I said I believe the team should have been built around Scholesy. Just my opinion though.

His poor form resulted in him getting moved out wide, the sad thing is we are still messing others around to accomodate the self styled "big two" in the middle all these years later.

Guest WalkervilleMag

Brilliant at club level, .... But as soon as Shearer retired from international level, Scholes was never the same. Shearer used to have 2 man markers usually, and he would take them wide, and leave big gaps for sbholes to run into and score.  Heskey was never going to do that

It's the sort of thread you want on a quiet news day in the week, not a few hours after we've won a game convincingly.

You know 2J he gets restless when a player enters his head,  he has to either start a thread with a picture of a player or make a Youtube film.

:thup:

It's the sort of thread you want on a quiet news day in the week, not a few hours after we've won a game convincingly.

You know 2J he gets restless when a player enters his head,  he has to either start a thread with a picture of a player or make a Youtube film.

:thup:

:blush:

Was great seeing him back at the end of last season playing, creating and scoring just like before. Was pivotal in ManU's title win.

Read on a forum just recently someone had Scholes listed as one of their most hated players... I thought wtf? How can you hate Scholes? You must just not like football much.