Now it's our turn

TRon

Had a hard time reading newspaper drivel for the last couple of months? Tired of everyone lining up to have a dig when the chips were down? Well the shoe's on the other foot now so I'll start with Jimmy Greaves who wrote this last week:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/sunsport_columnists/article948322.ece

WHEN Kevin Keegan was appointed Newcastle manager at the start of the year, his boss Mike Ashley said: “This is the man to make this club great again.”

Excuse me? Again? Because I can’t remember the first time they were ever great — and I’m pushing 70...

...why everyone got quite so excited when Keegan returned to St James’ Park was simply beyond me.

It was blindingly obvious that it was never going to work out.

Newcastle panicked when they sacked Sam Allardyce and now they are paying the consequences because things have gone from bad to worse ever since Keegan took his place at the helm.

Without a win in nine games under the man they like to call the Geordie Messiah, they have got to end that miserable run at home against Fulham today or they’ll be right in the brown stuff.

Considering that Fulham haven’t won away in the league for more than two years, Newcastle could not have picked more beatable opponents today.

Fulham have worked wonders to survive in the Premier League for so long but it looks as though their luck is about to run out.

Newcastle will probably do just about enough to stay up — even if they don’t deserve it.

But please don’t kid yourselves that things will be any better next season if Keegan is still in charge. Because they won’t.

Well Jimmy you doddering old twat, your beloved Spurs just took a right pasting on their own turf. It seems strange to say it, but I really hope you're still alive next season you can watch us hit 7 on our own ground. I seem to remember Keegan's side walloping 7 past Spurs in the past, and as you are now witnessing history can repeat itself....  :iamatwat:

I actually thing Keegan is something of a media darling and we've gotten some favorable press off the back of that.  I think the country looks back fondly on the mid 90s in general, in addition to the fact that there was some great football going on, and Keegan slots back in perfectly.  It seems like there's a heavier focus in the media on Newcastle now and more of it is positive, almost exclusively because of KK.

I actually thing Keegan is something of a media darling and we've gotten some favorable press off the back of that.  I think the country looks back fondly on the mid 90s in general, in addition to the fact that there was some great football going on, and Keegan slots back in perfectly.  It seems like there's a heavier focus in the media on Newcastle now and more of it is positive, almost exclusively because of KK.

You mean since we started winning? Keegan's no media darling, he's had to earn every plaudit every step of the way and is doing it all over again despite everyone saying it could never happen.  Jimmy Greaves, now there's a media darling. Spouting shit in tabloids, now there's a fulfilling career for a an ex-pro :lol:

I wish there was a way of being able to rub these crappy diatribes back in there faces. Alwayspains me to see all the hacks taking u turns after u turns yet not getting pulled up for it all all.

I wish there was a way of being able to rub these crappy diatribes back in there faces. Alwayspains me to see all the hacks taking u turns after u turns yet not getting pulled up for it all all.

As far as this old tosser's concerned, we did it on Sunday. I'd love to have seen his face. Hasn't been so annoyed since that dog pissed on him apparently.

As far as this old tosser's concerned, we did it on Sunday. I'd love to have seen his face. Hasn't been so annoyed since that dog pissed on him apparently.

Who does Martin Samuel support?

Burger King?

Getting excited about comments from such self-humiliating wasters as Greaves is not worth the bother -

Was a great player in his time, but any talent he had was in his boots ; clearly at the back of the queue when brains were handed out...

Rather than health warnings and government sponsored campaigns to make young people aware of the long term consequences of binge drinking, they should just look and listen to Jimmy Greaves.

That would scare anyone to moderation.

West Ham.

West Ham.

Will make it all the more sweeter when we finish 10th then.

F*****g press W*****s, we wont forget their attempts to sabotage our struggle at every turn this season.

They wanted the bigger story of our relegation than the lesser story of our survival and they have now lost that story.

How satisfying that the resolution should come against the media darlings Spurs who are hyped up to the same extent that we are reviled by the press.

Lets see how they worm there way out of this impasse now they cannot write of our demise anymore.

West Ham.

Will make it all the more sweeter when we finish 10th then.

That fat cunt waded in big time to have a go at Keegan. If he was watching on Sunday I'll bet he's not relishing our visit to East London.  :knuppel2: