Newcastle United 3 - 0 Reading - 05/04/08 - Post match reaction from page 18

James

Guest thebigfella

another thing i get in the ground early to have a bovril and my match day pie,today when the keepers were warming up Steve Harper missed a ball kicked buy the keeping coach and it hit some poor charver full on in the chest he was like "im fine,im fine" like shit poor kid could hardly stand up!!!!! BRILLIANT

How long it took Keegan to turn it round is just an indication of how seriously mind-f***** the players were under the previous stalwart.

We are playing a better brand of footballer that is obvious to anyone with eyes but Reading is the first team we have beaten with Keegans Newcastle United that Samstoon lost to. Sam has better results against Birmingham, Arseanl, Villa & Bolton than KK.

another thing i get in the ground early to have a bovril and my match day pie,today when the keepers were warming up Steve Harper missed a ball kicked buy the keeping coach and it hit some poor charver full on in the chest he was like "im fine,im fine" like shit poor kid could hardly stand up!!!!! BRILLIANT

:lol:

How long it took Keegan to turn it round is just an indication of how seriously mind-f***** the players were under the previous stalwart.

We are playing a better brand of footballer that is obvious to anyone with eyes but Reading is the first team we have beaten with Keegans Newcastle United that Samstoon lost to. Sam has better results against Birmingham, Arseanl, Villa & Bolton than KK.

You're failing to see the majority of those games were at home, could you see us have getting those results against Arsenal,Birmingham and Villa away from home.

You're failing to see the majority of those games were at home, could you see us have getting those results against Arsenal,Birmingham and Villa away from home.

As I was at the home games I doubt I would be failing to see it. I am not going to defend Sam Allarydyce, as I said todays game at HOME was the first Keegan win against a team we had lost to under BFSA.  The tide is turning brother.

Full marks for tyring to make Birmingham away sound like a tough away game, THEY ARE SHITE.

Where are you Limpy????

A member for near 3 years, only 8 posts, but one of them was in the pre match thread saying we would never win 3-0 today, and if we did you would show your arse in Fenwick's window!

Err, without sounding like a gayer: "lets see that arse" :) :)

He's online now :)

Really was fantastic today.

In the first half, it was actually quite end to end, but we pissed class in almost every area of the pitch. All the players know where each other are, where to overlap, where to move, what to do, where to pass to. Beye/Geremi, Enrique/Barton - all worked. Barton and Owen linked up well. Butt and Viduka linked up well. Martins drifted everywhere and got involved.

Towards the end of the first half, and that first 15 minutes of the second half, i've honestly not seen us play pass-and-move football so well in ages. It was fantastic to see, really calmed my nerves and we just looked so comfortable. We took the mick out of them - men against boys. Coppell's post-match interview made me laugh, him saying that they were more fluent than us. Haha, yeah right.

Nicky Butt was at the heart of everything. I've slated him bucket-loads but he was excellent today. Picked up the scraps, protected the defense, supplied the strikers. He did everything he was meant to do with aplomb.

Martins, well you just knew he was gonna score. He skinned that defender superbly and tucked it away very cooly. Owen's finish was class too. It wasn't at a good height but he hit it on the turn with such accuracy. Couldn't really see Viduka's but it was good link up play with Habib once again.

Harper - 6. Nowt to do.

Beye - 9. Probably my MOTM. Overlapped, timed his runs to perfection. Good at the back too. One of the best individual contributions all season i reckon.

Faye - 8. Dominated it all at the back there, even carrying a knock.

Edgar - 6.9. Don't want to be too harsh on him cos he was decent, but quite clearly nervous and a bit silly at times.

Enrique - 7. Started fantastically well, frittered out towards the second half. But he was oh so comfortable, good on the ball, quick and strong. Great player.

Geremi - 7. Steadied the ship again. Got involved, got himself about. Fed Beye and Martins and Viduka very well in the first half. Dictated the pass and move systems.

Butt - 8. At the heart of everything.

Barton - 7. He was decent actually, i thought he had a good game. So unlucky not to score; i can see him bagging a couple before the end of the season. Looks like he cares a lot more.

Martins - 7. Simply dangerous.

Owen - 7. Ditto.

Viduka - 6. Thought he was pretty average really, lost the ball cheaply a few times. Scored though, gettin.

Guest sombrero

Really was fantastic today.

In the first half, it was actually quite end to end, but we pissed class in almost every area of the pitch. All the players know where each other are, where to overlap, where to move, what to do, where to pass to. Beye/Geremi, Enrique/Barton - all worked. Barton and Owen linked up well. Butt and Viduka linked up well. Martins drifted everywhere and got involved.

Towards the end of the first half, and that first 15 minutes of the second half, i've honestly not seen us play pass-and-move football so well in ages. It was fantastic to see, really calmed my nerves and we just looked so comfortable. We took the mick out of them - men against boys. Coppell's post-match interview made me laugh, him saying that they were more fluent than us. Haha, yeah right.

Nicky Butt was at the heart of everything. I've slated him bucket-loads but he was excellent today. Picked up the scraps, protected the defense, supplied the strikers. He did everything he was meant to do with aplomb.

Martins, well you just knew he was gonna score. He skinned that defender superbly and tucked it away very cooly. Owen's finish was class too. It wasn't at a good height but he hit it on the turn with such accuracy. Couldn't really see Viduka's but it was good link up play with Habib once again.

Harper - 6. Nowt to do.

Beye - 9. Probably my MOTM. Overlapped, timed his runs to perfection. Good at the back too. One of the best individual contributions all season i reckon.

Faye - 8. Dominated it all at the back there, even carrying a knock.

Edgar - 6.9. Don't want to be too harsh on him cos he was decent, but quite clearly nervous and a bit silly at times.

Enrique - 7. Started fantastically well, frittered out towards the second half. But he was oh so comfortable, good on the ball, quick and strong. Great player.

Geremi - 7. Steadied the ship again. Got involved, got himself about. Fed Beye and Martins and Viduka very well in the first half. Dictated the pass and move systems.

Butt - 8. At the heart of everything.

Barton - 7. He was decent actually, i thought he had a good game. So unlucky not to score; i can see him bagging a couple before the end of the season. Looks like he cares a lot more.

Martins - 7. Simply dangerous.

Owen - 7. Ditto.

Viduka - 6. Thought he was pretty average really, lost the ball cheaply a few times. Scored though, gettin.

totally agree with some of your comments, i was upset with vidukas passing and sloppy ways fo losing the ball, but the link up play leading to his goal was fab, all three goals were fab, Martins drives me nuts when he is passeed the ball, him on two defenders, its crazy, these days i can only hlep but think its in, if oyu look at the alst three games, every time he was in that position he either scored or was extremely unlucky not to.

i think barton deserves at least an 8, he did pretty damn good, and enrique as well, dominated, especially that sprint he did where he tore apart the defenders.

no one mentioned diatta?, i thought he was pretty solid, he actualy did some good defending in that last 15 minteus or so, i was quite happy with what i saw, gives off a strong presence.

hats off to nicky butt, simply world class, would love to see one of his 400 mph shots not get blocked by a defenders ass for once!

but ofcourse the medal goes to beye, fucking brilliant, he was magnificent, he assisted two goals to my recolection which is brilliant and was really on the ball today, good control.

what makes me happy the most is that every player in the team deserves praise today which is unusualy, no player  (except maybe viduka) had an of today or last week for the matter, its just brilliant, everything is gelling so well. such fast passing!

cracking save from harder! i think it was doyles shot, Nowt for him to do my ass, he did great intercepting high balls today!

I'm pretty sure that, long term, Edgar is a better bet than Taylor. I'd keep him in.

I'm pretty sure that, bearing in mind he has less than 10 appearances for the first team (including as a substitute!!), its far too early for you to be thinking that.  He did OK today.

I'm pretty sure that, long term, Edgar is a better bet than Taylor. I'd keep him in.

I'm pretty sure that, bearing in mind he has less than 10 appearances for the first team (including as a substitute!!), its far too early for you to be thinking that.  He did OK today.

Agreed. Not sure how anyone can come to that conclusion yet. That was his third start today.

Guest Limpy

Get in, oh bollocks, i should open my mouth more often. i didn't see that coming but its worth the draughty arse cheeks.

When i get the bloody picture i'll up load the photo you p*ss taking barstewards, gonna be interesting getting it mind, but i suppose i said i would. I was serious about it being not very pretty 

Beye was fu*king class today and barton sems to have removed his head from his own arse just intime for the run in, Geremi's seems to have found his legs as well.   

Where are you Limpy????

A member for near 3 years, only 8 posts, but one of them was in the pre match thread saying we would never win 3-0 today, and if we did you would show your arse in Fenwick's window!

Err, without sounding like a gayer: "lets see that arse" :) :)

He's online now :)

Come on, get that big hairy arse out :)

Agreed. Not sure how anyone can come to that conclusion yet. That was his third start today.

fair enough, but he had an element of confidence about him that I find lacking with Taylor, but, as you say, it's still early days for the lad.

Get in, oh bollocks, i should open my mouth more often. i didn't see that coming but its worth the draughty arse cheeks.

When i get the bloody picture i'll up load the photo you p*ss taking barstewards, gonna be interesting getting it mind, but i suppose i said i would. I was serious about it being not very pretty 

Beye was fu*king class today and barton sems to have removed his head from his own arse just intime for the run in, Geremi's seems to have found his legs as well.   

Again, not sounding gay but...... I'm looking forward to seeing it :) :)

fair enough, but he had an element of confidence about him that I find lacking with Taylor, but, as you say, it's still early days for the lad.

He didnt look confident at all.  And Taylor's often misplaced confidence is his downfall.

He didnt look confident at all.  And Taylor's often misplaced confidence is his downfall.

Agree again, Liam O. Feel completely the opposite to what was said there. Edgar looked nervous to me.

he didn't look confident at all? rubbish, as I said, I thought he had an element of confidence about him that I find lacking with Taylor, Taylor's misplaced confidence is something different all together...

Edgar looked a bit ropey/unsure at times but that is to be expected as the step up between the first team & reseve football is as wide as it has ever been. We kept a clean sheet & that is the main thing for the defence.

Just watched our game on Football First & was a bit disappointed it didn't show all the passes before Owen going down in the box in the 2 half, must have 20+.

he didn't look confident at all? rubbish, as I said, I thought he had an element of confidence about him that I find lacking with Taylor, Taylor's misplaced confidence is something different all together...

Edgar was bricking it every time he had to chase the ball towards his own goal. The two times he spooned it up into the air, and straight back to an on-rushing Reading player is evidence of that. He was alright but the one thing for me that was detrimental to his play - was a lack of confidence. Could be a handy player though, but hasn't appeared really any better than Taylor/Ramage* did in their first few games.

*Intentional exclusion of Huntington there, who was naff from the word go imo.

Agree again, Liam O. Feel completely the opposite to what was said there. Edgar looked nervous to me.

I felt better with what I saw from him by the end, than what I was expecting from him at the begining, nerves aside, I thought he did alright.

I felt better with what I saw from him by the end, than what I was expecting from him at the begining, nerves aside, I thought he did alright.

Absolutely, he had a decent game. Wouldn't be against seeing him in the side again.

Absolutely, he had a decent game. Wouldn't be against seeing him in the side again.

I wouldnt either but Id still put Taylor straight back in when back.