Beye today...

Willow

Guest Knightrider

One of the best performances I've seen of any Toon player in recent years. Simply outstanding. I wouldn't go as far as saying he's the best signing we've made since Shearer mind... :lol:

Where does he rank in the league as far as his position?  Not sure he's consistently as good as Evra, but certainly Beye has moments where he's bossing the flow of the match.  I'd call him better than Clichy and certainly any of the Liverpool players, but I'm interested as to what others think.

Right back is probably the weakest position in the prem player wise so I'd think he's pretty high.

Is that including Wes Brown, Glen Johnson, Steve Finnan, Lucas Neil, Pascal Chimbonda, Alan Hutton, Belletti, Micah Richards and even Ryan Taylor, whose performance was outstanding today?

If not, then yes, I would agree Beye is up there. However, I wouldn't say Beye is yet as good as some of those in the list above.

Great performance, but considering this was at home to Reading...

In terms of the best right back in the league, Chimbonda is considerably better imo, Sagna is probably the best in the league right now, and G.Neville would still be up there were he fit.

In terms of our team Beye shits all over the lot of them. None of them could play as wholeheartedly or consistently well in the North east which makes them a bunch of puffs in comparison.

Where does he rank in the league as far as his position?  Not sure he's consistently as good as Evra, but certainly Beye has moments where he's bossing the flow of the match.  I'd call him better than Clichy and certainly any of the Liverpool players, but I'm interested as to what others think.

Right back is probably the weakest position in the prem player wise so I'd think he's pretty high.

Is that including Wes Brown, Glen Johnson, Steve Finnan, Lucas Neil, Pascal Chimbonda, Alan Hutton, Belletti, Micah Richards and even Ryan Taylor, whose performance was outstanding today?

If not, then yes, I would agree Beye is up there. However, I wouldn't say Beye is yet as good as some of those in the list above.

The only ones there that totally outclass Beye are Chimbonda, Richards and Finnan. He's just as good as the others imo.

The only ones there that totally outclass Beye are Chimbonda, Richards and Finnan. He's just as good as the others imo.

I don't think any of them, if any in the Premier League 'totally outclass' him. Not when he's consistently putting in such good performances. I wouldn't say he's the best in the league, because he isn't as equipped going forward (damn good at the back though), but he's certainly up there imo.

Maybe totally outclass were the wrong words. 'I would rather have' might be better.

Aye, possibly. Replace Chimbonda with Sagna and i'd probably agree there. Chimbonda's a good player but can you see him driving the crowd on like Habib Beye does? I love the guy tbh, great player with a great attitude - tends to be one of those attributes or the other here at Newcastle. :razz:

Defensively, Beye pisses on most RB's in the premier league by a country mile. The fact he could probably do just as good a job at centre back speaks volumes in this regard. The fact he got two assists today is a bonus for me. The guy is a fucking Collossus, if there are better right backs their clubs can fucking well keep them.

Defensively, Beye pisses on most RB's in the premier league by a country mile. The fact he could probably do just as good a job at centre back speaks volumes in this regard. The fact he got two assists today is a bonus for me. The guy is a f****** Collossus, if there are better right backs their clubs can f****** well keep them.

i have to say i agree.

if he was at arsenal or manure he would have been wanked on by the media by now.

he's a class act

Defensively, Beye pisses on most RB's in the premier league by a country mile. The fact he could probably do just as good a job at centre back speaks volumes in this regard. The fact he got two assists today is a bonus for me. The guy is a fucking Collossus, if there are better right backs their clubs can fucking well keep them.

Agree with you from the defensive point of view. He really is very, very good. His less effective attacking play (well, it tends to be) is more than compensated by the fact that he takes very good centre-back qualities, to right-back. If you catch my drift. Such a good player.

Enrique aswell, no doubt. He also put in a very good shift today. Comfortable on the ball, quick, strong. Still can't believe people say he hasn't got much pace. He's not Oba-like but he's pretty nippy across the turf.

I can't remember us having this good a wing-back pairing in a long while. And just look what a consistent backline is doing for us. Two goals conceded in four games. We're one quality centre-back away from a consistently very good backline. I've maintained from day one that we've got good personnel back there. It only hasn't worked cos Allardyce either: played players out of position, or didn't have continuity. And it was more a confidence thing under Keegan until now.

I would, i said it a few days ago, Beye has been completely overlooked by other people this season away from the club. Tremendous today, as he has been all season

Agree with you from the defensive point of view. He really is very, very good. His less effective attacking play (well, it tends to be) is more than compensated by the fact that he takes very good centre-back qualities, to right-back. If you catch my drift. Such a good player.

Enrique aswell, no doubt. He also put in a very good shift today. Comfortable on the ball, quick, strong. Still can't believe people say he hasn't got much pace. He's not Oba-like but he's pretty nippy across the turf.

I can't remember us having this good a wing-back pairing in a long while. And just look what a consistent backline is doing for us. Two goals conceded in four games. We're one quality centre-back away from a consistently very good backline. I've maintained from day one that we've got good personnel back there. It only hasn't worked cos Allardyce either: played players out of position, or didn't have continuity. And it was more a confidence thing under Keegan until now.

:thup:

Erm, going back to an earlier post, there is no right back in the league that "totally outclasses" Beye, he is a very very good full back,  very good defensive ability, and recently has shown that he is good going forward as well.

With regards to Sagna, didnt he have an absolute mare against Milner when we played Arsenal?

The man is immense. Best right-back I've seen at the club. Just wish he was in his early 20s rather than 30.

Said when I first saw him that he reminded me of Irving Nattrass, who I thought was our best RB in years -

Yesterday's performance was indeed reminiscent of Nattrass, and its a pity Beye wasn't 5 years' younger or, as has been said, we WOULD have the best full-back pairing in years, and one of the best in the league.

If he keeps fit, he will be a great asset next season.

He was always available on the right, always gave the player with the ball an option.

His positional sense is brillaint and the lad can actually read the game and defend well.

Great player.

Erm, going back to an earlier post, there is no right back in the league that "totally outclasses" Beye, he is a very very good full back,  very good defensive ability, and recently has shown that he is good going forward as well.

With regards to Sagna, didnt he have an absolute mare against Milner when we played Arsenal?

Yep, Milner tore Sagna to shreds at SJP.

Meh...Bring back Griffin tbh.

:razz: We've got our RB slot sorted for at LEAST 3 seasons imo as he is a natural athlete and I reckon he could play for us till he's 35 easy.  :thup: